8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off the phone with a potential employer. I just submitted for the job yesterday. Not sure if my resume stood out that much, or they just haven't gotten many applicants. Doesn't really matter to me either way.

The conversation was just a screening type interview but she's going to forward my information to the hiring manager and try to schedule a phone interview for tomorrow.

Prayers to whomever you pray to, all the pixie dust you can spare, and crossing all your crossables would be appreciated.

pixiedust: Best of luck Monica! pixiedust: Everything crossed here :thumbsup2

Got Palo's Private Dining!!

We got Saturday August 23 at 10:30!!! I had asked for Tuesday but I didn't get it. I really wanted Saturday(was my first choice) but really believed I would never get a Saturday.

Seriously...............I wish I could have invited hundreds to celebrate with me.

Congratulations Cheryl! I remember you telling me how much you were hoping for this. I hope you have a great time! :woohoo: :yay:

I just went online to check on our HoJo's reservation and things have changed with our booking....mainly the rate posted on their site,is NOT the rate that we were quoted over the phone!! We were given a quote of $67.20 + tax for our 1st night and I booked another night about a month later, at $99.50 + tax. Now they are trying to say that our rate is $99.50 for both nights. I know that it doesn't seem like a lot of money but it is. Kevin sent them an email this evening and will follow up with a phone call tomorrow.
I can't remember when we first booked these things or where to find anything about it on the Pirate Page. :confused3

Well, that triggered a panick attack! ;) My confirmation number came up as "Invalid" when I used the online system!!!!! :scared1: :eek: I called direct to the hotel (which is how I made the reservation since it was too far in advance to call the 800 number or online) and all is well. They have it there and the amounts are all correct! Whew! I was really scared for a minute there.

Pamela

Just got off the phone with a potential employer. I just submitted for the job yesterday. Not sure if my resume stood out that much, or they just haven't gotten many applicants. Doesn't really matter to me either way.

The conversation was just a screening type interview but she's going to forward my information to the hiring manager and try to schedule a phone interview for tomorrow.

Prayers to whomever you pray to, all the pixie dust you can spare, and crossing all your crossables would be appreciated.

Prayers are coming your way.:grouphug:

Not as exciting as Cheryl's news but... I showed DD these a couple of months back..thought they would be fun for deck parties.. unfortunately they were between $2-3 each..so I told her I would get her 2 only..looked on Ebay..won 24for just over 6.00 :woohoo: .. figured she could hand some out to her new friends...

HairBraids.gif

We got Saturday August 23 at 10:30!!! I had asked for Tuesday but I didn't get it. I really wanted Saturday(was my first choice) but really believed I would never get a Saturday.

Seriously...............I wish I could have invited hundreds to celebrate with me.​

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

pixiedust:
Well, that triggered a panick attack! ;) My confirmation number came up as "Invalid" when I used the online system!!!!! :scared1: :eek: I called direct to the hotel (which is how I made the reservation since it was too far in advance to call the 800 number or online) and all is well. They have it there and the amounts are all correct! Whew! I was really scared for a minute there.

Pamela

When I first checked ours the same thing happened..then I used my CC# instead of ressie number and it appeared..then I noticed the reservation number was different so I made note of that one!

Chrissie​

Thats great news Monica , from us here in Vegas :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Good luck! If I had some spare time, I'd try to photoshop Tinkerbell praying with her fingers crossed.

Pamela

Me too! It didn't like my confirmation number. I ended up entering my CC# and my reservation popped up. I have a completely different confirmation number now.

Pamela
thank you to whoever it was that mentioned this! i just now got off the phone with the hojo's too...and they had us down for $159 a nite!!!! that was certainly NOT the rate we were told awhile back!! finally got it all straightened around though.

Not as exciting as Cheryl's news but... I showed DD these a couple of months back..thought they would be fun for deck parties.. unfortunately they were between $2-3 each..so I told her I would get her 2 only..looked on Ebay..won a loy of 24 for just over 6.00 :woohoo: .. figured she could hand some out to her new friends...

HairBraids.gif

those are cool!

I posted one of my door signs yesterday.

PirateDoorSign.jpg

If anybody wants to use the graphic to make their own sign, feel free.

Here's a link to a larger version:

With a blank frame: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s82/whattawack/framedsign.jpg

With no frame: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s82/whattawack/doorsign.jpg

Here's another one that I did for our PV Zipline day.

Ziplinesign.jpg

And a link to a larger, blank version: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s82/whattawack/safarifamilyblank.jpg

Really nice! Thanks for the links

Looks like they are doing the private dining assignments now. I was able to snag an 8pm on Wednesday (Puerto Vallarta). The timing couldn't be better, as that is the only day we're on an excursion that comes back late (5:45) and this gives us time to rest and clean up.

They had an 8pm on Friday (Acapulco) available as well.

Tomorrow night is the deadline for this:

OK...first off..let me start with a disclaimer! If we do not reach the total number needed (100) - I will not be able to do this...

I am getting PM's that people are still looking for lanyards..the last order took 3 weeks to get so we are cutting this close...if you would like to order lanyards...send me a PM and I will add you to the list. Your cost will be $1.50 - $2.00 (depends on the count) (sorry - I know prev they were 1.00 but that was because we went over 250 and I don't see that happening again)

I can only take orders until this Thursday night - I have to order by Friday to get the lanyards in. Keep your fingers crossed and thoughts of pixie dust that these come in quick and correct!

So...I am taking one more lanyard order... and wil let you know if I was able to place the order..we would need to get to 100 and I am currently at 23 so I am not promising anything.

I need in your PM the total amount you need (please consider $2 each so that if is less -- you are happier!) and your cabin number (if you are gty - please send as soon as your have) the lanyard includes a plastic pouch for your name tag/KTTW card

Good luck! If I had some spare time, I'd try to photoshop Tinkerbell praying with her fingers crossed.

Me too! It didn't like my confirmation number. I ended up entering my CC# and my reservation popped up. I have a completely different confirmation number now.

not sure why it won't let us look at the ressie online with our confirmation #'s! i just got off the phone with their reservation dept. i told them i wasn't able to pull it up online unless i used my cc. they asked me for the res # i had...and she confirmed that my # was correct! so why won't the site let us use it??????

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

When I first checked ours the same thing happened..then I used my CC# instead of ressie number and it appeared..then I noticed the reservation number was different so I made note of that one!

Chrissie

We did too I printed the reservations with the new number

Chrissie

Part of the panic attach was that it didn't like my CC# either! :eek: As I was dialing the HoJo number I was getting all geared up for a fight and then all was well :)

Pamela

15035.gif

Seriously...............I wish I could have invited hundreds to celebrate with me.

Congrats!!! Isn't it exciting?!?!? We are in there 8/21 for brunch and 8/24 for dinner. :cool1:

That's interesting, my DS8's 2nd grade class did a 6-month "Mini Society" project - they had to fill out applications of jobs and do interviews with the 3rd graders who had those jobs last year. More than 1/2 the boys wanted to be police. DS8 got the job and was sooooo excited. My baby brother is a cop, as was FIL for 30 years (20 years on Cleveland SWAT team).
and
Good to hear it hasn't changed that much everywhere. Maybe the attitude towards police depend upon where you live and a person's experiences:confused3

I agree.
Around here the kids all (well atleast a good portion of the boys! LOL) to grow up to be policemen or firemen. Even my budding astronaut has mentioned it a few times and I'm like uh.. what happened with being an astronaut buddy? LOL (yeah yeah- he's only 10! I don't even like the idea of football, much less thinking about him in a dangerous career at the moment- let me worry about that when he's older please LOL)

:confused3 Cruise Question:confused3

Anyone who is arriving early to CA for the cruise...

How are you getting from the hotel to the port?
&
From the Port to the airport?

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel.
from hotel to port- I'm with the group pirate bus.
For the port to airport...... not sure yet! I need to get on that...

To get started, yes...you have to gamble to get the offers. But we haven't gone more than once or twice a year in the last 3 years now. We just happen to know someone......;)

Just had a flash of the Garth Brooks song..."I've Got Friends in Low Places...." :laughing:
:lmao:

For the Mexican Riviera it was a DCL bag...nice canvas one that's handy to take to the beach. And it had a couple of plastic water bottles in it, a small notebook and pen....maybe something else, but I don't remember.
Well that sounds nice!

Just thought that I would post some DCL info in case anyone else is curious.

Is there a code for a discount for SuperShuttle , I just realized after all this time we didnt make any arrangements to get from SNA to the DLH .... So all you code people , do you have one with a good discount ????

pirate:
ditto

Got this one from A friend that is going on our cruise also!

http://www.mousesavers.com/shuttle.html

It's $2.00 off per person for the shared van.
thanks!

UYR59 $3 off SuperShuttle - regular price is $10 per person for a shared van - $67 for a private van - you would book online and arrange a time for pick up

or

$3 off Disneyland Express
http://graylineanaheim.com/images_new/coupon_GrayLine_Shuttle_2007.gif
regular price is $15 per person - don't have to prebook, these run every 30 minutes
Thanks for posting this!

Wristbands
The wristband order should be arriving on Friday or Saturday. I will start to PM those of you who have indicated that you want them sent to you before the cruise, with my addy amount of order and postage. Please be patient, as this will take me a while. If you changed your mind and want them mailed to you, let me know.

The cost of the wristbands is 50 cents each. If you missed ordering them before I will have extras available!

Below is the list of people who wanted them sent out before the cruise.

Arlenesp
bellelinus
BibbidyBobbidyboo
Cinderella Mom
cruisin'Mike
danfromca
DisneyPata
JAS
jeanneg
kap158
KSDisneyDad
lauritagoddess
lbgraves
littlekids58
lotsofboys
magiroux
maine_jennifer
mthr2boys
Poohmomof5
Poohssmum
Radioclash2
StephT5
Sunshineanddaisys

I will be PMing these folks first, hopefully by Friday. Then I will PM everyone else to confirm their order.
thanks for the update! I was beginning to wonder if I missed something and was supposed to have sent pymt by now! LOL

I almost said we'll just get them on the ship but then I remembered- the dis green ones are for us to wear at DL! LOL So i await your instructions where to send pymt........... :)

15035.gif

I got the call today too for my party for the private dining room for dinner and also got my first choice which I didnt expect. Hopefully all those individual ressies that opened up will show up online so people who were shut out can grab them -

Did you post this on the piratezone boards too?

Tomorrow night is the deadline for this:

OK...first off..let me start with a disclaimer! If we do not reach the total number needed (100) - I will not be able to do this...

I am getting PM's that people are still looking for lanyards..the last order took 3 weeks to get so we are cutting this close...if you would like to order lanyards...send me a PM and I will add you to the list. Your cost will be $1.50 - $2.00 (depends on the count) (sorry - I know prev they were 1.00 but that was because we went over 250 and I don't see that happening again)

I can only take orders until this Thursday night - I have to order by Friday to get the lanyards in. Keep your fingers crossed and thoughts of pixie dust that these come in quick and correct!

So...I am taking one more lanyard order... and wil let you know if I was able to place the order..we would need to get to 100 and I am currently at 23 so I am not promising anything.

I need in your PM the total amount you need (please consider $2 each so that if is less -- you are happier!) and your cabin number (if you are gty - please send as soon as your have) the lanyard includes a plastic pouch for your name tag/KTTW card

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter