• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Formal night#1 8/18 1st sea day
Mexican Fiesta Night 8/22
Semi-formal night 8/24
Tropical night 8/26
Pirate night 8/28
Formal night #2 8/29

Big names are too big to mention or that is what DCL is leading us to believe. :lmao:

We have you Roger, what else to we need? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I've been doing some cleaning out in our "junk room" today and came across 2 dresses that do not fit me and aren't going to fit me unless I lose 20 or 30 pounds (at my current rate of 3-4 lbs/year that is going to take a while!) They are both Jessica McClintock dresses and I hate just putting them into a bag for goodwill. It occured to me that there still might be DIS friends looking for dresses for themselves or a teen that might be able to use them. I would be happy to ship them to anyone who is willing to just pay the postage (or UPS charge if that is cheaper).

I got decent photos of the 1st one - but I'm going to have to try again with the second (the bodice is black velvet and it just came out solid black with no detail). Here is the 1st. It is a very light pink with a hint of peach. If anyone is interested, send me a PM or email (pdarrah@sprynet.com). I'll post the 2nd dress photos once I get ones that really show what it looks like

PJD_2008-07-04_IMG_1640.jpg
PJD_2008-07-04_IMG_1642.jpg

The first photo is the front. The straps are just for hanging it up (not really part of the dress) It is strapless with the "wings" on each side by your shoulders. There is some boning in the bodice to keep it up. It says it is an 11/12, but it runs smaller than that. I am between a 12 and 14 now and this isn't even close to fitting me! As you can see, it is not full length - more of a 3/4 length (or shorter if you are tall).

The second photo is the back. There is a zipper underneath the big bow. The bow is sewed on one side and has a snap thing that connects it to the other side.

Pamela

I decided not to post the 2nd dress. When I went to take better photos I noticed that the cats have had their claws into the skirt (that one is gold laime - I probably just spelled that wrong). It might be OK if someone wanted to hem it up past the snags (it is a pretty long 3/4 skirt) but I don't think anyone wants to mess with that, so I'll just give it to GoodWill and hopefully someone will find it who can use it.

Is anyone interested in this dress (pictured above)? Please send me a PM or email (pdarrah@sprynet.com) if you would like it. I don't think the postage or UPS fees would be too high and it would be great if it could go to a good home. :)

Pamela

To the Pirate Bus Pirates:

For those interested in stopping to pick up "refreshment" on the way to the port - there is a time issue. Normally for transfers the buses do not allow stops - however, they agreed to make a short 15-20 min. stop for us. My concern is if the stop is too long - they will charge for another hour per bus - and on my credit card!!!

I suggest that rather than the whole family leave the bus to shop - just one person take on that chore so there are no delays.

Arlene asked about pre-ordering so I checked.

I researched both Von's and Albertson's Supermarkets on-line.

Vons: shop on line and they will deliver to the hotel. I don't know the service charge - but that offered a coupon for free delivery when I checked.

Albertson's: shop on line and either pick it up at the store or have it delivered to the hotel. There is a service charge - $4.95-$5.95 for pick-up and $9.95 for delivery.

I hope that helps.

I don't mean to offend re the time issue - hopefully you all understand my concern.

Let's just suppose that we are blessed with PixieDust and get a cabin upgrade sometime before we leave town on Saturday 8/16. Should I keep it a secret from the rest of the family and surprise them when we actually check-in? Or should I let them know right away?:confused3

Let's just suppose that we are blessed with PixieDust and get a cabin upgrade sometime before we leave town on Saturday 8/16. Should I keep it a secret from the rest of the family and surprise them when we actually check-in? Or should I let them know right away?:confused3

Well its up to you, currently ,for 2009 my family think we are in a Cat 4 again, but we are in a Cat 3 suite, I am seeing how long I can keep it a secret from them, so no one tell! I booked it in December 2007.

Try to keep the scret if the upgrade is nice.

I am planning on using the FE to deliver. I think though we will be giving our last gift in person for the unveiling. If it too large for the FE, you could probably ask your stateroom host to see about delivering it or guest services. GS would probably be best, unless you happen to be in the area as your SM.:)
Another option for delivering those larger items, you could ask someone not participating in the SM exchange to hand it off for you. ;) I'd be happy to be a go-between if anyone needs some delivery help.

For those interested in stopping to pick up "refreshment" on the way to the port - there is a time issue. Normally for transfers the buses do not allow stops - however, they agreed to make a short 15-20 min. stop for us. My concern is if the stop is too long - they will charge for another hour per bus - and on my credit card!!!

I suggest that rather than the whole family leave the bus to shop - just one person take on that chore so there are no delays.

Vons: shop on line and they will deliver to the hotel. I don't know the service charge - but that offered a coupon for free delivery when I checked.

Albertson's: shop on line and either pick it up at the store or have it delivered to the hotel. There is a service charge - $4.95-$5.95 for pick-up and $9.95 for delivery.

I hope that helps.

I don't mean to offend re the time issue - hopefully you all understand my concern.

We are fine with no stop HOWEVER DH will get off bus if it stops to pick up some beverages.

I hope that helps.

No prob for us... I'm planning on trying to pick up stuff before the bus comes, so we won't need to get off. If I can help anyone pick up earlier I'll do that also. Thanks for everything you are doing!!!!!

~Penny

Just thought I would share..I am finally working on door magnets (reality has kicked in! :) ) and DD picked a picture and designed this one for our door..I thought it was pretty nice. She wanted people to feel welcome when they came to visit. According to the online Hawaiian translator...makamaka means Friends (I hope it does - I checked two different places)

torifriends.jpg

I hope that helps.

Do you still want me to go down and take pictures? Let me know

I may have said this before and apologize to all who catch me on it. On the 2005 EB repo we had a 1/2 case of wine packed in the great boxes you can get at Beverages and More. It was a box that holds six bottles of wine with the styrofoam forms inside for each bottle, so not very big at all, maybe 18in x 24in x 24in. Since we drove to San Pedro I did not have to worry about taking it on the plane and of course, the plan was not to have any leftover! I dropped it and our luggage off with the porter and off we went to check in.

Fortunately, DSs birthday was embarkation day which meant I was waiting for the rope to drop so I could get to our cabin quickly to decorate for the bday. When I got to the room we had a message telling us they had our box back out in the terminal and I would have to go back out, claim it and carry it on by hand.

Now, I have no problem with that at all and this time we will be hand carrying anything extra to avoid this situation. But the point of the story is when I went out to retrieve the box it was around 1:45 and the lady told me if I had waited another hour I would not have been allowed to get off the ship to get it.

Sorry this was long winded, just an FYI for everyone.

Michelle

Important information - thank you for reposting

IMG_9383.jpg

June, it is BEAUTIFUL

I may have said this before and apologize to all who catch me on it. On the 2005 EB repo we had a 1/2 case of wine packed in the great boxes you can get at Beverages and More. It was a box that holds six bottles of wine with the styrofoam forms inside for each bottle, so not very big at all, maybe 18in x 24in x 24in. Since we drove to San Pedro I did not have to worry about taking it on the plane and of course, the plan was not to have any leftover! I dropped it and our luggage off with the porter and off we went to check in.
Good idea with the BevMo box Michelle. I'm going to see if we can get one instead of using our rolling cooler and then ditching that! We'll see what we can cram in and carry! Thanks!

Do you still want me to go down and take pictures? Let me know

Desiree,
You are such a pal!! I just wanted to know how large the stores are (and the parking lot!!) Some of the stores are huge while others small. And if they both carry full selections of beverages.
The ones near Lori are great but apparently not all are.

I think it would be best to stop right near the hotels - then on to the freeway and the port.

Thanks!!!

I hope that helps.

Chris ,

We will be making a stop at a liquor store prior to getting on the bus (I think we are making a special trip saturday late afternoon ) so if anything , we will only need to get a case or two of water ....So I will make sure that only I get off the bus at the stop , and I will be quick ..

pirate:

I asked this same question and Chrissy (mkygrl) mentioned that there's a UPS store near the port. We may try to hit that on our way to the airport.
Don't forget we're getting back on Labor Day so any postal/shipping stores will more than likely be closed.

I just picked up a couple boxes at the Container Store to pack in our suitcases so we can have stuff shipped home once we check in at WDW - if we need to. For us it will be worth the little extra they'll likely charge at the resort vs. the time to seek out other arrangements.

Chris ,

We will be making a stop at a liquor store prior to getting on the bus (I think we are making a special trip saturday late afternoon ) so if anything , we will only need to get a case or two of water ....So I will make sure that only I get off the bus at the stop , and I will be quick ..

pirate:

Todd,
The supermarkets carry alcohol and wine - so its not necessary to make a separate stop at a liquor store. But if you do - check out BevMo!!

I'm about to head out for my interview with Target. If anybody has any good luck to spare, please send some my way!

It seems weird to be interviewing for a job that I won't be licensed to do for another year yet.

I missed you earlier Mike, but I hope it went well! :goodvibes

OMG that same quote is stalking me again! I deleted it- but atleast now the other multi-quotes are showing up. WHAT is it with that one quote that keeps stalking my posts? LOL
is DIS having some issues lately?

Nope. Just your photo id (drivers' license or passport).

Have fun!
Great! thanks!

Shelley, I buy my luggage when disneyshopping puts it on clearance really cheap. Luggage just doesn't hold up very well if you travel by plane. I figure if I get a couple of years out of a set, I am doing good. Most of the time I have paid about $30 or so for a 3 pc set.
I got ours from disneyshopping- but the thing is that while we have had these for 2yrs- we only USED them for that one cruise! So it's not really worth it (we paid $50 each 3pc set) just for one cruise even though we had it a couple of years.

If you are able to unzip the cover to reveal the broken plastic....maybe you could just remove all of the plastic pieces and then slide in a piece of cardboard. At least it would make the suitcase a little firmer.
That's an idea except there are bars back there. KWIM?

Why oh why do kids do things like this????
I've had a closet door doorknob break off from a child climbing! Dh was *amazed* that as soon as I saw the broken doorknob I asked dd *Why were you standing on the doorknob?*
Good grief! As if there was some other explanation for a doorknob braking off! :confused3
LOL
As if....
When I find things damaged the first words out of my mouth are kids.... why do you feel the need to destroy the house? sigh.... kids, gotta love em. LOL

Did it work for you??? :)
yes it sure did!!! Thanks so much!

Pulling this over for the person who was asking about Dolphins in PV, is this different than the DCL excursion for us?
Wow interesting... adding the water park plus it's a lot cheaper. I have to look into this. We're booked with DCL for $175 each! which is so expensive! (IMO)

NameTags
Update and stuff....

So I took the advice of my pirate friends and adjusted our title to get it bigger (unfortunately due to size enlargement I had to go with a plainer font). I also made the Mickey Silhouette a bit smaller to fit the larger type (I went as small as I could with out compromising the image).

If you have not requested Name Tags yet please PM me with your Disname and real name and the members of your party and how they should be referred to on their tags (they can have just their names too). If you can add favorite characters and your room number that would be great as well!​

Chrissie
Okay I'll pm you again. I didn't give you our room numbers and didn't say characters because I thought that was optional and didn't want to add extra work for you. LOL

No harm in calling the airline to check. In the past I've run into cases like this - particularly if the person flying isn't the same person who's card it is.
Oh..... so DL isn't good enough huh? Would it matter that the card is in my name and his last name is the same? If it is a problem- I have no idea how we're going to work around it. We can't BOTH have the credit card in hand when checking in.. since I'll be flying on Monday with the kids and he'll be flying Friday night. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter