5/24/03

Kristin,

There is a trick with the website that David posted. When I went to order, I went through the adding to cart and such so that I could see what the shipping was. When I left the site to check on a coupon code, a pop-up gave me an offer of free shipping if I completed my order.

Later in the day my DW got an email from them (she had been looking earlier) offering $5 off and free shipping! Unfortunately, we took the first offer :(. Someone else (I don't remember who) posted that they got a $10 off and free shipping offer!

So, don't take the first offer!

Paul

Thanks you guys! I'll try the trick and let you know how it worked. Do you know what the difference is between the kids safe sea and regular is?

I know [long time no see]..... I've been extremely busy and mainly just reading through the emails I get thru the private Yahoo site. It's probably a good thing to be this busy..... the cruise comes that much faster!!!

We bought the SPF 30 for kids - looking at the bottle right now, it says "for sensitive skin" - maybe they make the kids style "for sensitive skin" -

just a guess though

- David

Kristen,

I'm pretty sure the "for kids" version has the highest sunblock. Also, as David says, its "for sensitive skin." Good luck with the ordering.

It's single digits till our flight to Orlando! (I don't know when we're going to get time to pack!)

I am so unprepared in the packing sense.. not even funny! I think the rest of the family is all set as far as clothes, etc.. but I still need to do a bit of shopping :P I usually work better under pressure and will be pulling an all-nighter on Thursday night ;) Think we are all set as far as hotels, car rental, paperwork, birth certificates... it just the packing aspect. Still can't believe we sail in TEN days!

Beth....you and I must be twins separated at birth! ;) I am in the exact same shape and ALWAYS pull the late nighter (early morning, really!) before we travel. I'm always dead the first day of any trip as I'm usually up until 3:00 am the day we travel. I'm working really hard NOT to do that this trip!

So...time to get off the PC and go hem middle DS's pants!

the "other" Beth

:Pinkbounc

To Both Beths!!

I will be joining you "gals" in the last minute packing exercise!

Maybe we should all chat within the yahoo chat board as we pack 10 hours or so before we leave!

- David

Well, the Magic just sailed away from Cozumel yesterday... which means you guys are next! Looking forward to meeting some of you in person, and if you have any questions about Cozumel, check out the Cozumel thread or feel free to email me directly.

Very soon now...

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

digitalmom,

I know that there will be other girls but I don't know how I should get in touch with the them or their parents? Do you think I should send out another post? anyways, I think that the boys will hang out with each other all the time dont lyou think? unless they get sick of one another? sorry it took so long for me to write back to you.

Amanda,

For this cruise there is a private group thing on Yahoo that was started by dizneykids. I looked on the contact list and there are 2 14 year old girls listed and a 15 year old girl listed. Either you can post on here and ask dizneykids to give you the info to join(if your parents don't mind you doing that) the yahoo group or if you would rather not then you could try posting on this thread asking again for girls. I imagine that Michael ( my child) and Franky (friend of my child) will hang out together quite a bit and it will be interesting to see if they do get tired of each other. It won't hurt either one to meet new people.

digitalmom,

that sounds neat i think i might give dinesykidz a try. thanks for all your help. hope you have fun on the cruise.

Hi everyone... oooh, we'll be on the plane a week from today.. wahoo!
Amanda.. just sent you an email with Britt's contact info. She'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Was just looking at temps on weather.com .... (found that for Grand Cayman, look for "George Town", for Cozumel -- just type in Cozumel)... I know it's a long way out, but right now Key West forecast for next Sunday says 89º and 0% chance of rain. Wouldn't that be great? :) Seeing we only hit 54º today, I think 70º would feel tropical right about now! Looks like we should expect high 80's, low 90's for our trip.

One other question... if anyone knows... with the sunset vendors/acts at Mallory Square, it says they are there an hour prior to sunset, but how long do they stay for??
Thanks!

Hey, we are toooooo close to cruising to be on page 3! We watched the Magic sail out of port yesterday saying "the NEXT time it sails.... US" :)
Today: bathing suit shopping for 2 of us, tropical wear for me, underwater cameras, film (debating if I want to completely go digital or not???), Home Depot for green Mickey's. So, am I still winning the race for biggest procrastinator?

Also, ? for anyone who has actually made it to Castaway. Looking at Barb's 4/26 navigators, it says 9:15 arrival to Castaway, all ashore at 9:45... is that the norm? I have 9:30 parasailing, and it says for 9:30 parasailers to meet in Sessions.... so, I guess that means that my DH & DD who aren't parasailing will have to stake out our spots.... At least my DD who had this idea to try it won't have time to think about it all day and chicken out!

Beth,
Great minds...

We watched the webcams yesterday, too! We were able to catch the Magic on the Two Palm cam also. It seemed like so long ago when we booked, and now the next time she sails out of Port Canveral we will all be there!!

We started checking the long range weather, too!

See you all in about 6 days...maybe sooner if you are staying at the Radisson at the Port on Friday.

Paul and Linda

i think you win the procrastinator's award....at least i've finished all my shopping (i think!). still need to start packing, though i have been setting stuff aside for a week now. i think i've finished all my ironing and sewing except for one pair of my pants. unfortunately, i'm still sorting out 350 kids into dens for cub scout summer camp and finishing the middle school newsletter, so i've got to split my time between those activities and the last-week-of-school activities. :(

i'm hoping to make it to bed before midnight each night this week (ooops! just realized it is 12:30 am, so i've blown it already!) so that i'm not wasted the first couple days. got to get really good about structuring my time for the next 5 days.

see y'all SOON!

Originally posted by dizneykids
i think you win the procrastinator's award.

Well, I think we have you beat - lol!

My DH just gets in from Dallas on Thursday night after being there last week and this week. We won't even be doing laundry or packing until then, but with working full time and his travel schedule, that's just us!

This is such a long-awaited vacation for us, having used our vacation time and money last year due to my brother's death (48) in Maryland, cleaning out his house, relocating his DD to PA and his memorial service planning. We can hardly wait!

Today is DD's last day of school (her Junior year is OVER)!

Can't wait to see ya'll on Saturday!

VAL

Well, looks like we may have some rainy weather --

Sunday, 5/25 - Key West - Partly Cloudy, 87 high/80 low, 20% chance of rain

Tuesday, 5/27 - Grand Cayman - Light Rain, 90 high/79 low, 60% chance of rain

Wednesday, 5/28 - Cozumel - Showers, 92 high/74 low, 60% chance of rain

Glad we didn't plan any excursions -- we'll play it by ear!

VAL

I saw that too, but the way I look at it, they sometimes have a hard time predicting the next day's weather, how can they predict a week away? Oh, well, a 90º rainy day in Cozumel is better than a sunny day at work ;)

Well we're almost done packing.... just have DD to do. Our anniversary is tomorrow, then we're off early Friday morning for all day flights. See you on board if I don't post before then.

Yeah, it's finally here!! Though my excitement isn't as high as I thought it would be.... probably from all the STRESS!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter