5/24/03

well, here's the good news... I actually started packing last night! (started being a key word!). We don't fly out until late tomorrow afternoon... being Memorial Day weekend and increased security level, guess we'll be leaving the house a little sooner than we normally would so we can go 'hurry up and wait.' Have a great trip down everyone and see you all there :)

well, we were planning to start driving tonight, however, due to unexpected circumstances, we've had to have a wild change of plans - raced around last night for 2 hours to get plane reservations to fly Friday night (note, there are fare diffences if you reserve 48 hours in advance vs. 47 hours in advance), reserve at the Airport Marriot Renaissance Friday and then again on May 31, call DCL to get the transportation added...too much to deal with.

packing...haven't even started :(

The final push is on...

Finish work, cut grass (in the rain!), finish packing, nails done (not me, DW and DD's), make sure all is in order and someone is feeding our cat and fish. I'm sure there's lots more...

If we don't get to post again before leaving, we want to wish everyone a safe trip!

See you all on Saturday (or Friday at the Radisson)

Paul

I'm 95% packed with 15 hours to spare.. that is SO unusual for me... what is wrong with me? LOL!;) Just the bank, post office, cat boarding, pick kids up at school, 5% remaining packing, and seeya! I know I'm forgetting something... this is waaay to organized to be me!:confused:

Beth (New Hampshire),

Weren't you and your daughter booked to do an early morning parasailing on Castaway Cay? My 15 year old and his friend were booked to do the parasailing at 10:30 am but it was cancelled. Something about too windy. Was yours cancelled? If it was cancelled, did you just get a refund or were they able to reschedule you? We got the refund but there seemed to be some confusion. I wasn't there as I had a massage booked. Thanks.

Suzanne

Yes, our 9:30 was cancelled. THey automatically refunded our account. Audrey said there were other openings during the day, but after seeing the swells, riding around for an hour in those seas watching others parasail didn't thrill us in the least, so we didn't persue it. The time on Castaway was much too short to start with!
We had a wonderful week, and enjoyed meeting so many of you and your children throughout the week :) Sorry we didn't catch up with eveyone!

we did the banana boat at 11:30. the swells were up there, but that only added to the excitement! of course, my left forearm shook the rest of the day from holding on so tight, but it was worth it!

to everyone...sorry we didn't get a chance to meet everyone. it was such a wild and crazy week! we were able to meet paul and linda, the other beth (actually, she's the original beth...i'm the other beth) and bill, nancy, val and stu, david and susan, and of course, sandy and tom (but i've known them for years now!!). i'm going to keep our yahoo site up for a bit, if anyone wants to yak about the cruise or just keep in touch.

so...who rebooked already???

Well, a hectic week of getting back into the work, school, day care routine is almost done. Wish we were heading for Castaway Cay like last Thursday evening!!

It was really nice to meet some of you in person last week...sorry we didn't get to meet everyone.

We thoroughly enjoyed our first Disney cruise! The Disney castmember service made it a great experience. Our servers, Trifonio and Natasha took great care of us at dinner and our Stateroom hostess, Natsuda (I think that's the spelling) kept our room full of towel animals! As you can see by the new countdown clock in my signature below, we took advantage of the $200 onboard booking credit and signed up for the Memorial Day week Eastern cruise for next year!

We had a great cruise! I've just about complete the trip report, but needed some help with remembering what towel animals where which nights. Can anyone help?

i'd have to go to my pictures to help. let me check.

that makes me wonder....does everyone get the same towel animal the same night?

Nope, there are many different towel animals, and they vary according to your stateroom host or hostess. We have confirmed this in conversations with tablemates over the course of many cruises. Also, we had one stateroom host who worked exclusively in the medium of blankets rather than towels. Each night, we had a creation made out of our spare blanket.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

This past 5/17 we sailed on the 7 Day Eastern and our room steward found out it was our 8th DCL cruise....he said he was challenged and now he would have to create some new towel animals that we had not seen before....he wanted our experience to be new and fresh, and not a repeat of other towel animals.

He delivered!!! We had a few we had never seen before!!!

BTW....he was Mario on Deck 6!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter