4th of July at the Fort

We just got back Thursday. It took us this long to catch up on our rest after taking so many kids!! :crazy2: :crazy2: Loved it though. We met MrsGus at the pool, seems our daughters were wearing the same bathing suit.:rotfl:

For those of you that watched the parade, ours was the hawaiian cart with the girls in the hula skirts.

Wish we were still there!!! Even with the rain.:yay: So much we didn't have time to do.

We just got back Thursday. It took us this long to catch up on our rest after taking so many kids!! :crazy2: :crazy2: Loved it though. We met MrsGus at the pool, seems our daughters were wearing the same bathing suit.:rotfl:

For those of you that watched the parade, ours was the hawaiian cart with the girls in the hula skirts.

Wish we were still there!!! Even with the rain.:yay: So much we didn't have time to do.

Hey I think we were staged next to you at the parade. We had the black cart decorated with the black pearl tag on the front of the cart. We are in 1814 and going to be leaving in the morning. I will post pictures of the parade when I get home tomarrow.

Hey I think we were staged next to you at the parade. We had the black cart decorated with the black pearl tag on the front of the cart. We are in 1814 and going to be leaving in the morning. I will post pictures of the parade when I get home tomarrow.

Hey daddyscooltv!! I remember seeing you around the campground as well as in the parade. I didn't realize you were on the boards though. I had pointed out the silver mickey head on the side of your cart to my hubby. He has a real itch to do some major alterations to our cart now.

Just got back in about 4 pm. Hope all arrived or will get back safely. The internet in the cabin wasn't happening due to the lack of time we spent in the cabin. Will post some pictures in the next few days. Was great to meet all of you. Shame we didnt take over the pavillions at the pool like some of the other campers did, coulda had1 heck of a cook out.

Just back from the Fort today, miss it already!!! We had several less-than-magical moments this trip, but overall still a great trip. Met Stacktester, but nobody else. We will be doing a trip report soon for anyone interested. :yay:

Just back from the Fort today, miss it already!!! We had several less-than-magical moments this trip, but overall still a great trip. Met Stacktester, but nobody else. We will be doing a trip report soon for anyone interested. :yay:

Did the lumberjacks find their way to your loop too?

Nah, no lumberjacks, but somehow FW removed my credit card from my info and I got to EPCOT for lunch Monday, said I was at my credit limit. Without my family there I would have had no way to pay. Had to call the front desk and straighten that out. Then today no check-out paperwork, they said oops, you were not listed as express check-out. Several other small mishaps, but not enough to ruin the trip :)

Just back mins ago had get trip stopped by Stacktester site no one home left a note. Hot and rain most of the trip. 500 loop had bad power problem the sound of generators was the nome..

Just back mins ago had get trip stopped by Stacktester site no one home left a note. Hot and rain most of the trip. 500 loop had bad power problem the sound of generators was the nome..

We were in 500 loop too. Site 531. No problems with the electric on our end, but I did here of a lot of problems with it with the rest of the loop.

Would enjoy reading your trip report!!

Here are a couple of pictures of the campground and campsite 1814 that we took while there the week of July 4th.
FortWildernessCampground42.jpg

FortWildernessCampground44.jpg

FortWildernessCampground14.jpg

Here is a link to some more photos http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/daddyscooltv/Campsite 1814/

Just returned home. We were at the Fort from July 1 to the 10th and then went to Jekyll Island, GA.

We were in loop 1700 but never met up with any disboard members. I injured my knee at Animal Kingdom :mad: on the 3rd and spent the 4th with the knee elevated and iced. We did have our Mickey light up and saw several other Mickey lights up.

It was a great trip and seemed to end too soon. Hate we missed the fun.

we were 1732...... georgie boy landau, gators cart and honda odyssey. where were you?

I should have known that was you! We were in 1727 - Cardinal 5th wheel, F350, golf cart and Mickey sign with "Howdy Ya'll" signs. Our friends were in the next site with Laredo 5th wheel and same sign. Both sites had satellite dishes with Mickey Mouse outline on them.

that's so funny, we were close and didn't even realize it. You are from TX?..... It looked like you guys were packing to leave before us, which was good, 'cause I wanted to watch someone hook up a 5th wheel, but we left first.

My son lives, eats and breathes football and wanted dh to visit with the "gator man". ds assumed that anyone with gators on their RV HAD to be big football fans. ;) Gators were a topic of conversation each time we passed your site. We're die hard Aggies from central Texas.

Y'all probably laughed at us. This was our first trip in the new RV and it showed..often. We had spotlights on when we didn't intend to....tended to stare at storage doors because we couldn't remember where we stored what. Pushed slide buttons when turning on lights, etc. At one point dh had enough extension cords stretched across the side of the rig, it looked like a spider web to hang the new Mickey lights that can't be strung together. I vetoed that when I saw the neighbor across the way staring in fear. Our other 5th wheel was smaller and didn't many bells and whistles. I also didn't realize at first that ds had put up the flags with the Texas flag flying higher than the national flag. He didn't mean to. For some reason, we have 2 national flags and 1 Texas flag. We have a 3 flag holder that has suction cups to apply to the RV. He was balancing out the flags and placed the Texas flag in the middle. We changed it as soon as I caught it but I'm sure people saw it and thought we were idiots. ds had a great civic lesson that day. :teacher:

When we checked in, the CM said we were in a site with a "difficult back in". That was worrisome...the only time dh and I have argued is putting up Christmas lights and backing into sites. To have the CM to tell us it's a difficult back in without asking, driving a new and longer RV after a many hour trip seemed to lend itself to the argument from %^$# and that wouldn't be magical..so I left and got the golf cart. Which was a story in itself. It was during a downpour and lightening storm. dh dropped me off at the Meadows store and as I dashed in, I asked the clerk where the bike barn was, she sweetly said "Oh dear, it's closed". I replied, it can't be, it's supposed to stay open until 6:00 and it was only a little after 5...central time. Another woman was in much more of a panic, she ran to the bike barn and beat on the doors for them to open back up...they did and they went ahead and gave us our cart. By the time I got back, the RV was backed in perfectly and the slides out. The friends traveling with us said dh did it perfectly the first time. He was proud and I
was thankful.

We're going to western states next summer. We've never been to California, Oregon, Washington or Idaho. So now researching Yosemite, etc. No Disneyland though.

I saw your Mickey lightposts (we were so jealous!) and your Howdy from Texas signs. We are also from Texas and in site 1719. We had the two annoying Yorkies who thought they were the size of Rottweilers. I've already downloaded the directions for the lightposts and have started assembly. We plan on going back to the Fort the next time we're off for th 4th of July. Next time though, we will be prepared for the parade! (Our granddaughter was most dissappointed that I didn't bring more decorations. Can't let that happen again.) That was one of the best parades we've ever seen. Everyone came to win. Can't wait until our next trip.

Already been twice this year. Grandkids are great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter