4th of July at the Fort

MBMacs

Enjoy this trip around the sun.
Myself, my wife , and our 2 daughters will be arriving @ the Fort on Friday June 29th, and leaving Sunday July 8th. Just wanted to see who else will be there for the 4th of July. We are staying in the cabins, hopefully near the back pool. Bringing the golf cart and looking forward to some sort of parade on the 4th. Would love to meet up with some others who will also be there. Been there many times around the 4th, but never on the 4th. Plan on just staying in the campground that day. If you are going, tell the thread when you will be there.

Hi, we will be there the same time as you!!! I have heard that they do have a golfcart parade on the 4th but don't have any info about it. If anyone knows if you have to register for it or anything like that please let us know. Thanks!!!
Chris

We had to register for the parade at the Bike Barn. The parade was in the morning....10ish maybe. Lots of people were in it--bikes and golf carts--and lots of people were watching. Many people were throwing out candy and trinkets, too. There were prizes for the best themes.

Have fun!

We'll call as it gets closer and get the particulars for the parade. Also ordering some stuff to hand out. We love just crusing around the Fort. At Xmas time, we had a blast meeting some locals from the Tampa area, and look forward to meeting more.

We will be there June 16th-July 3rd, considering changing dates slightly to cover 4th but I figure it's going to be so crowded those days that it would be better to go early and leave right before.

Any opinions as to whether anything going on at July 4th is worth staying and dealing with the crowds?

We'll be staying in our new (to us) RV from June 27 to July 6. We've requested one of the Pet loops (1600 maybe?). There is a shuttle launch scheduled for June 28 so we'll def. incorporate that into our week.

This will be our first Ft. Wilderness stay.

Count me in. We'll be there from June 18th-July 6th. We'll have lime green Mickey ears up at our site and on our golf cart. Hope to meet some of you there.

We definetly need to all catch up during the cart parade. As far as the green Mickey ears go, thats a great idea. Think I'll get some poly light covers and make some up, 1 for the cabin, 1 for the cart.

Myself, my wife , and our 2 daughters will be arriving @ the Fort on Friday June 29th, and leaving Sunday July 8th. Just wanted to see who else will be there for the 4th of July. We are staying in the cabins, hopefully near the back pool. Bringing the golf cart and looking forward to some sort of parade on the 4th. Would love to meet up with some others who will also be there. Been there many times around the 4th, but never on the 4th. Plan on just staying in the campground that day. If you are going, tell the thread when you will be there.

We'll be there!! July 1st through July 8th. I read about the parade and would like to go to it but we're going to the MK that day with the only planned event being to watch the fireworks. I have to do some more searching to see if there's a chance we wouldn't be able to get in if we show up at 11:00 (I keep reading that there's a chance they'll stop letting people in if it reaches capacity). On top of the usual crowds and craziness it might be a media zoo because I read that 1000 people will be naturalized as US citizens at the MK that morning. I'd love to see that, not only becoming citizens on the 4th of July, but having it happen on Main St. USA.

Hey all. Just wanted to update the thread. We ordered a boatload of stuff to decorate the cart and cabin. Also ordered a mega boatload of throw aways for the parade, some beads, patriotic stuff and even 1000 of those glow necklaces. God I hope there is still a parade...lol ....Keep thinking of what we need to get and the list keeps growing. June 29th can't get here soon enough.

Hubby and I will be at the Fort with our 4 kids and 4 of their friends from July 1st through July 5th. Hope to see you guys there!!!party: party:

We'll at the fort from July 1 - 10th and planning on the 4th being a Fort Wilderness day only and then fireworks that night. Guess I'd better get busy buying parade trinkets.

On one of the other forums, DISers have lime green Mickeys to identify themselves (paint sample cards in the shape of Mickey fromHome Depot). Maybe we need to tie a lime green ribbon on our golf cart or Mickey lamp post.

Where do you plan on doing the fireworks? We always make our way over to the Grand Floridian to watch them on the bank.

We're not staying at the Fort but we will be at the Hoop Dee Doo Review on the 4th, and we're very excited about it!

I may even put some lime green Mickey ears on my dh's backpack. Say hi if you see us!!

Where do you plan on doing the fireworks? We always make our way over to the Grand Floridian to watch them on the bank.

Will watch the fireworks from the beach @ the Fort, only place to view them is on the far left end, back by the BBQ entrance. Best seat in the house.:banana:

We will be there from July 4-8, my son is competeing in Ft lauderdale and we will be on our way home. Thought we would stop at the fort, and can't believe we were able to get a reservation at this late notice.

My DW called the bike barn today to ask about the golfcart parade. The CM at the bike barn said they have one every year and to come to the bike barn and register when we arrived. Also said you could sign up at check in and the meadows trading post also.

My DW called the bike barn today to ask about the golfcart parade. The CM at the bike barn said they have one every year and to come to the bike barn and register when we arrived. Also said you could sign up at check in and the meadows trading post also.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
:banana:

we there july 2 - july 12 this will be our first time at the fort we'er really excited about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter