4th Girls-Only Trip ~ PLEASE check first post for link to new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the hello's :goodvibes Well, I am a 27 year-old mom of DS7 and DS5 and wife to an Army soldier. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney movie and I collect as much as I can with SB cast on it. I am getting ready to take one (possibly both) of my son's to DL for Easter. Quite possibly I am insane because we are moving into a house just 2 days before our trip. Hopefully it all goes smoothly :P

Oh my. Moving and a trip in the same week?:worship: Wow. Do you like Maleficent or Aurora?

I've only been on Splash once...ever! No one that I go with ever wants to go on, and I don't wanna do it by myself.
I love Splash! I think I am one of the few who went on it this last trip.

Thanks. I just heard from his best friend and it's his appendix. He's having surgery tonight and might be released tomorrow. I'm devastated. I wish I could afford a plane ticket out there but I can't. Maybe his parents will fly me out there because I know he's going to ask them. I don't want to rely on it and I hate accepting things like that but if it's offered I'd take it in a heartbeat. I feel helpless. :sad1:
I'm sorry hon. Hang in there. I'm sure he's going to be fine. :hug:

Thanks for the hello's :goodvibes Well, I am a 27 year-old mom of DS7 and DS5 and wife to an Army soldier. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney movie and I collect as much as I can with SB cast on it. I am getting ready to take one (possibly both) of my son's to DL for Easter. Quite possibly I am insane because we are moving into a house just 2 days before our trip. Hopefully it all goes smoothly :P
I love Sleeping Beauty! :thumbsup2

The trip was planned before the move was settled...just timing problems haha... I prefer Sleeping Beauty, well Briar Rose images are fun to find too. I also like getting my hands on the harder to find characters like Prince Phillip and the King's.

The trip was planned before the move was settled...just timing problems haha... I prefer Sleeping Beauty, well Briar Rose images are fun to find too. I also like getting my hands on the harder to find characters like Prince Phillip and the King's.

I love the villains.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and thoughts. He's sneaking cell phone calls to me every chance he gets. This last one was hilarious because he finally received pain medication and was loopy.... after asking repeatedly for an hour and 1/2 he finally figured out how to unhook his IV and walk into the open (bare buns and all because he isn't shy and his are nice) and waited until a doctor walked out and said "I have a ruptured appendix and keep asking for pain relief and no one will help me. It would be nice if I had some relief before my surgery in 30 minutes". He's a hoot. I found a cheaper flight so I land in Santa Barbara tomorrow night at 10. It's worth the charge on my credit card to be there. At least he will have happy thoughts while he goes under. I feel such a sense of relief just knowing that I'm going to be there to take care of him soon...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and thoughts. He's sneaking cell phone calls to me every chance he gets. This last one was hilarious because he finally received pain medication and was loopy.... after asking repeatedly for an hour and 1/2 he finally figured out how to unhook his IV and walk into the open (bare buns and all because he isn't shy and his are nice) and waited until a doctor walked out and said "I have a ruptured appendix and keep asking for pain relief and no one will help me. It would be nice if I had some relief before my surgery in 30 minutes". He's a hoot. I found a cheaper flight so I land in Santa Barbara tomorrow night at 10. It's worth the charge on my credit card to be there. At least he will have happy thoughts while he goes under. I feel such a sense of relief just knowing that I'm going to be there to take care of him soon...

My thoughts are with you both.

My thoughts are with you both.

Thanks. He'll be fine... he's one of the strongest people I know. So am I. Thank God we won't live apart for too much longer so I can take care of him and he can take care of me like we're supposed to. It's amazing how much people take one another for granted. Less than three months ago I moved away from him out of fear and I learned that I can't live without him. It has been the most humbling experience I've had so far in life and going back to him hasn't been without a fight. My parents are like "yay we get her back!" so I feel like I'm a rope in a game of tug-o-war. I firmly believe though that if I hadn't moved away we still wouldn't know how much we love one another like we're sure of now. I said it a long time ago and I'll say it again... he's my Edward :love:

Thanks. He'll be fine... he's one of the strongest people I know. So am I. Thank God we won't live apart for too much longer so I can take care of him and he can take care of me like we're supposed to. It's amazing how much people take one another for granted. Less than three months ago I moved away from him out of fear and I learned that I can't live without him. It has been the most humbling experience I've had so far in life and going back to him hasn't been without a fight. My parents are like "yay we get her back!" so I feel like I'm a rope in a game of tug-o-war. I firmly believe though that if I hadn't moved away we still wouldn't know how much we love one another like we're sure of now. I said it a long time ago and I'll say it again... he's my Edward :love:

Oh my gosh.:love: I am so in your corner. And I will be rooting for what is right.:hug:

Good morning ladies!

Bridgette- I'm glad to hear your BF is okay :thumbsup2.

Capri- :hug::hug: we love ya!

Hi to everyone else and I hope everyone has a great weekend. Any plans??

My nephews are spending the night tonight & I'm thrilled (can you sense the sarcasm in my tone :rolleyes:). Seriously my nephews are terrors so I'm not looking forward to tonight. Please pray for me :laughing:.

Also, I want to start eating better & walking so I can start feeling better about myself. When I was in the hospital, they weighed me & I had no idea I had gained that much weight :scared1:. It was very depressing. I'm hoping by the time the next trip rolls around you guys won't even recgonize me :).

TTFN,
Katie

Good morning and happy Saturday all!!

Bridgette I hope your BF is doing better since his surgery and glad you will be able to go visit him!! Goodl luck and healing prayers to him!

Mrs Pinup nice to meet you and I hope you can make it although I won't be making THIS trip but rather the later F&W trip in April or May. We are also doing a Nor Cal meet hopefully this summer. I see you are from up in this area. Perhaps you could join us on that?? :) I live near the Sacramento area. I have been married to my dh shane for 11 years and we have two daughters together Katy 10 and Shelby who will be 9 next month. Shane was in the army for 14 years so I can relate to you on the military thing! Good luck with your move. Is this a pcs or just moving houses?

Hope to be able to meet you at one of the meets!! :)

Oh and those choc/pb cookies, uh YUM!!! On our last day I stopped into that candy shop at DCA to get Shane's peanut buter candy that he always wants and I was hungry so got one of those! I wish I had bought more! YUMMMMMM

DEF need another one of those next time!!!

Katie good luck with the babysitting!! And also with the weight loss. I have been doing TERRIBLY. I have gained back over 10 lbs of what I lost last year and am SO disgusted with myself but I have just NOT been feeling well and every time I think I can workout again I just don't feel up to it and for ME anyway I can't lose with just food alone. SOOO I am hoping that sometime SOON I will feel up to it again because soon I will have NO clothes to wear EEK!!!

Joann's is having that open house today so we are going to go out for a few hours with mom to check it out. Then it is movie time. I tried to rent Up in the Air and Precious but BOTH were completely out so I got Everybody's fine, Sorority Row and The informant.

We watched Everybody's fine last night and it was good. Not great but good. I plan to watch the other 2 today. Shane is actually WORKING today. Can't believe it. After being off for so long and then to work 3 days in a row AND a Sat is unbelievable. I just hope it keeps up and no more layoffs anytime soon!

Anywho hope everyone has a GREAT day and talk later!! :)

Good Saturday morning to everyone!! Hope today is better than yesterday!!

If you haven't seen my posts of FB then you missed all our drama yesterday. To put it in a nutshell:
If you have children don't go to Elmer's Restaurants!! Our autistic 2 yr old was tapping a spoon on the table (and happy & quieter than we've ever seen her in public) & the mgr told us we needed to make her stop. I explained that we'd have a meltdown if we took the spoon & he said you have to do something...so we left!! Or we tried.....we got out to our car to find it was totally blocked in by a full size pickup in a compact stall. After 20 mins & 3 trips back into the restaurant, the owner finally came out to move it.
The manager was a total weasel & did not handle any of this appropriately!! Totally drained emotionally by the time we got to leave.
I did write corporate & explained if this was a family restaurant that he needed to be schooled on children, disabilities & their rights!! Sad, sad, Sad!!

Ok, enough complaining......the sun is trying to come out....so gonna go start my day!!

Enjoy the weekend ladies!!!:thumbsup2

Laurie- that's too bad, but sometimes you have to remember that there are other customers in the restaurant. If it were a fast food place that would be different they have playlands where kids were are supposed to loud. I'm sure the manager was just doing his job and trying to keep all of his customers happy.

Laurie- that's too bad, but sometimes you have to remember that there are other customers in the restaurant. If it were a fast food place that would be different they have playlands where kids were are supposed to loud. I'm sure the manager was just doing his job and trying to keep all of his customers happy.

I understand that, but then they shouldn't call themselves a family restaurant. We were made to feel very uncomfortable, and they were pretty quiet compared to most family tables. I think this particular one caters more to the seniors...so they need to do that & ask families not to come in. :rotfl2:

I was once in Chilis-type place in Napa with a group of girlfirends. It was super-loud in there, with a bar right in the middle. The manager told us to quiet down, and we were so confused.......Of course, we had been drinking wine in the back of a limo all day, so that could have had something to do with it!

Good morning!
I did get to sleep in a little today :thumbsup2 Now I just finished breakfast and I have to help finish getting ready for the party.

My mouth hurts REAL bad!

Happy Saturday!

Right now I'm making my bed and later this afternoon Jesus and I are going shopping. He's leaving to Mexico next week (for 10 days!) and he wants me to tag along to go get some new clothes.

Cristabel, Tylenol and/or Advil will be your bestie. And for reals, go buy some oragel or something like that. It numbs your teeth for only like 10 minutes, but it feels soooo good.

FOR THOSE PLANNING TO TRY TO MAKE IT TO THE SEATTLE MEET, PLEASE POST ON THE SEATTLE THREAD WITH YOUR PREFERENCE FOR DATES

I am giving it a few more days to hear from everyone but think we should get it on the calendar by the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter