4th Girls-Only Trip ~ PLEASE check first post for link to new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridgette, I hope Derek is okay.

Tina, Mom is making corned beef next week!

Deb, :thumbsup2

Welcome MrsPinUp!!!!! :hippie:

Mom is making fish tonight!

So 63 pages in and I am finally saying hello :) I never looked at this thread cause I thought it was someone talking about their girl's-only trip...not an organized event of the DIS women :P Anyways, I browsed through the first 20 or so pages before I realized I could not get through this all in one sitting. I would really like to try to come next year for the meet. How do I start?

:wave2: Welcome! You just started. Since this trip is a year plus out there will be a lot of chatting/getting to know you in the beginning. Everyone gets an idea of what they love to do at DL as well as what they've never done or been able to do at DL (in the way of rides, restaurants, etc).

I'm Stephanie and I've been on the 3 previous trips. I've been married almost 13 years to Josh :lovestruc and we have 3 kids (ages 8, 6, and 4). I'm active duty in the USAF.

Before I forget take a look at the trip reports that will be coming out soon (I'm pretty sure) from some of the ladies that attended this past trip as well as the report from other trips. You'll get a feel for the different people as well as all of the fun that happens on the trips.

Our group started as a way to experience DL w/o families but with people who are all crazy (in a good way :)) about Disney in general. Over the past 2.5 years (probably longer than that) we have become a friends off the boards. You'll hear about mini-meets and we have been known to talk about our families (the good, the bad, and the ugly) as well as the day to day goings on of our lives. Share what you're comfortable with. You'll find a great group of ladies.

I hope you're able to join the group next year. The meals, activities, etc usually start the planning about 4-6 months from the dates of the meet.

steph

So 63 pages in and I am finally saying hello :) I never looked at this thread cause I thought it was someone talking about their girl's-only trip...not an organized event of the DIS women :P Anyways, I browsed through the first 20 or so pages before I realized I could not get through this all in one sitting. I would really like to try to come next year for the meet. How do I start?

:welcome:

Just jump right in!

I'm Tina.
I've been married to Marty for 17 years and have a certain fiddle-playing boyfriend at DLR. ;) I'm a caterer in San Jose, and I love getting to Disneyland as often as possible.
And I am proud to call the Divas my friends! :grouphug:

:welcome:

Just jump right in!

I'm Tina.
I've been married to Marty for 17 years and have a certain fiddle-playing boyfriend at DLR. ;) I'm a caterer in San Jose, and I love getting to Disneyland as often as possible.
And I am proud to call the Divas my friends! :grouphug:

Scotty and I will be married 18 years this summer. I have never seen Billy's show.:flower3: I plan on rectifying that in June.:hippie:

I love Splash! One of my very favorites! But I like to save it for the end of the night, just in case I get really wet. Plus it's usually a walk-on then, and we end the night with a goodie from Pooh's Corner. Yummy!

Boo Bear - I hope your bf is alright. That sounds scary!

MrsPinUp - :welcome:
As Tina (BillyFan) said, just jump right in!:thumbsup2

Just so what I said wasn't clear, I'm sorry for my part in any hard feelings and drama. That's all I was really trying to say, but I think maybe the apology part was lost in my post somewhere. So again, I'm sorry Divas.
:hug:

I'm freaking out over here. Derek (my BF for those who don't know) called earlier today saying that he thought he was sick because his stomach had shooting pains and wondered if he ate something wrong. A few hours ago he called and said he was going to urgent care because the pain was unbearable.
I'm so sorry to hear that Bridget. Keep us updated okay? :grouphug:

I really think if we all just stop worrying about it, let it mellow and move on, all will be right in the world.
I agree.

Hi there!! Join us! Don't worry about reading back, just hop in now. We are just in the early stages of planning. Well, nothing much to plan now, it's mainly getting to know each other. Steph/21yankess explained it pretty much perfectly. :thumbsup2

I love Splash! One of my very favorites! But I like to save it for the end of the night, just in case I get really wet. Plus it's usually a walk-on then, and we end the night with a goodie from Pooh's Corner. Yummy!

I have always sat off with our daughter Kacy but you know what she is 17 this trip and she can sit by herself. That and Grizzly River Run.

I've only been on Splash once...ever! No one that I go with ever wants to go on, and I don't wanna do it by myself.

Ya, I'd say she can wait by herself. Go on it. It's really fun! And try the peanut butter cookies with pb and choc chips from Pooh's Corner. They are soooooooooooooooooo good!

I've only been on Splash once...ever! No one that I go with ever wants to go on, and I don't wanna do it by myself.

I say we need to dump or partners and go together.:thumbsup2

Ya, I'd say she can wait by herself. Go on it. It's really fun! And try the peanut butter cookies with pb and choc chips from Pooh's Corner. They are soooooooooooooooooo good!

Oh my. I will have them in June and then I will post pictures just for you!!

I just had one this past weekend!!! Yummmmmmmy.

March2010094.jpg

Terrible picture!! I was walking while taking it.

I say we need to dump or partners and go together.:thumbsup2

I will shriek like a little girl!

Bridgette, I hope Derek is okay.

Boo Bear - I hope your bf is alright. That sounds scary!

I'm so sorry to hear that Bridget. Keep us updated okay? :grouphug:

Thanks. I just heard from his best friend and it's his appendix. He's having surgery tonight and might be released tomorrow. I'm devastated. I wish I could afford a plane ticket out there but I can't. Maybe his parents will fly me out there because I know he's going to ask them. I don't want to rely on it and I hate accepting things like that but if it's offered I'd take it in a heartbeat. I feel helpless. :sad1:

I just had one this past weekend!!! Yummmmmmmy.

March2010094.jpg

Terrible picture!! I was walking while taking it.

I will shriek like a little girl!

That's the cookie! I so want one now!!!!

Thanks. I just heard from his best friend and it's his appendix. He's having surgery tonight and might be released tomorrow. I'm devastated. I wish I could afford a plane ticket out there but I can't. Maybe his parents will fly me out there because I know he's going to ask them. I don't want to rely on it and I hate accepting things like that but if it's offered I'd take it in a heartbeat. I feel helpless. :sad1:

Gosh, Bridgette. At least they know what's wrong now. Luckily, that is a common procedure, so he should be on the mend in no time. :thumbsup2

I love Splash, all the animals from America Sings ! I even got my 85 year old Mom on it, after the ride we looked at the drop and she kept saying "Did I really do that?"

I don't know how I missed this. I hope it all goes well.:hug:

I love Splash, all the animals from America Sings ! I even got my 85 year old Mom on it, after the ride we looked at the drop and she kept saying "Did I really do that?"

I am going to do that. My Mom is in her 70's and she is squeamish I think I shall work on it.

Thanks for the hello's :goodvibes Well, I am a 27 year-old mom of DS7 and DS5 and wife to an Army soldier. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney movie and I collect as much as I can with SB cast on it. I am getting ready to take one (possibly both) of my son's to DL for Easter. Quite possibly I am insane because we are moving into a house just 2 days before our trip. Hopefully it all goes smoothly :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter