2022 Point Chart release date?

I am seeing at Riviera 3rd season Standard View:
Studio - Stay same
1BR - Down 1 Point
2BR - Down 4 Points

I am noticing though that since different dates were moved seasons, that some have more or less days in them from 2021.

I wonder if that accounts for some of it. Like In 2021, the first 3 weeks of December were the same season but not in 2022.

I am noticing though that since different dates were moved seasons, that some have more or less days in them from 2021.

I wonder if that accounts for some of it. Like In 2021, the first 3 weeks of December were the same season but not in 2022.

So what you stated is correct from looking. The whole year balances but they are looking just at the room category by itself.

I have only really looked at RIV not BWV yet.

So to clarify Riviera is "off" by (2021 vs 2022):
Studio Std -129 points of 6969 (-1.8% points)
1BR Std +107 points of 14822 for the year (+0.7% points)
2BR Std +128 points of 19403 for the year (+0.6% points)

It is weird that Studios seemed to decrease but I haven't checked the Premium view yet to see if possibly that offset it in Studios compared to 1BR/2BR.

So what you stated is correct from looking. The whole year balances but they are looking just at the room category by itself.

I have only really looked at RIV not BWV yet.
Remember, when comparing the point totals for different years to make sure they balance, you can't compare one calendar year's chart to another's. The balancing is in relation to one specific "standard year" (which I think others have identified - 1991? 1992?) so that they'll have the same number of weekdays, same number of weekend days, etc. You can't just total up the points required to book 2021 and compare them to the total for 2022. You have to use that standard year.

Last edited:

So to clarify Riviera is "off" by (2021 vs 2022):
Studio Std -129 points of 6969 (-1.8% points)
1BR Std +107 points of 14822 for the year (+0.7% points)
2BR Std +128 points of 19403 for the year (+0.6% points)

It is weird that Studios seemed to decrease but I haven't checked the Premium view yet to see if possibly that offset it in Studios compared to 1BR/2BR.

To be clear that is not an indication of anything being "off" as the room category views have no directive to stay the same. You need to look at all views and the entire resort.

But I think we need to look at plus and minus around unit types vs. just seasons to see if we can understand why

I think, from what I have done quickly, is that the changes within unit types for the seasons may not have been done the same. For example, how they adjusted studios for the year doesn’t necessarily track with how the adjusted the 1 bedrooms.

I think there is more there.

ETA. Summer,,,SV studio went down 9 points for the week but the 1 bedroom was reduced by 24...so in 2021 the 1 bedroom was 112 more for the week, but now it’s only 97 points more in 2022

I agree. They may be trying to adjust not simply between seasons (make summer more attractive, fall less in all sizes of villas) but also adjust the difference between villa types to decrease the cost difference between studios and 1 bedrooms.

I'm just in mourning because our January week in a 1 bedroom went up 11 points, and we gave up September visits a long time ago.

Remember, when comparing the point totals for different years to make sure they balance, you can't compare one calendar year's chart to another's. The balancing is in relation to one specific "standard year" (which I think others have identified - 1991? 1992?) so that they'll have the same number of weekdays, same number of weekend days, etc. You can't just total up the points required to book 2021 and compare them to the total for 2022. You have to use that standard year.

Ya I knew why it adjusted so it being so close likely means its good. I didn't know about the 1991 or 1992 being the standard year though. Do you happen to know where you saw that I can update by calculations then to that base year.

EDIT looks to be 1991 so I will update based on that.

To be clear that is not an indication of anything being "off" as the room category views have no directive to stay the same. You need to look at all views and the entire resort.

Well it is "off" it is not off though. Hence the quotes around the word to signify its not directly off and in violation of any rules. As outlined as well I said I had not gotten to the Premium view as of yet.

Well it is "off" it is not off though. Hence the quotes around the word to signify its not directly off and in violation of any rules. As outlined as well I said I had not gotten to the Premium view as of yet.

Difference of opinion as I don't see that it's even "off". :) A change for that category? Yes.

So far have only looked at BWV, our home, and the 1/2 bedrooms either stayed the same or went up....wasn't expecting 1 br to go up. Granted, we did see our points for those go down in 2021 for one of our usual travel periods, so that was good. will have to spend some more time looking at other resorts to compare. And hopefully sooner than later can plan some trips at non peak times w/o the younglings!

Ya I knew why it adjusted so it being so close likely means its good. I didn't know about the 1991 or 1992 being the standard year though. Do you happen to know where you saw that I can update by calculations then to that base year.

EDIT looks to be 1991 so I will update based on that.
1 Janyear
sun​
2017​
mon​
2018​
tue​
2019​
wed​
2014​
thu​
2015​
fri​
2010​
sat​
2011​

no leap years in the bunch but you still have to manually adjust for US Thanksgiving; the Spring break holiday floats a bit but it's usually >7 days so will always have at least one Fri and Sat
I'm pretty sure it was someone here or on DVCNews.com who posted what year it was (or what year they thought it was) - but it's been a while. I'm also pretty sure it's a year way back near or at the start of DVC, but it may not be the first year OKW was open. And not a leap year, as @i<3riviera notes. But it would make sense for the standard year to have been consistent throughout DVC history, right? (Might be the only thing that makes sense....)

1 Janyear
sun​
2017​
mon​
2018​
tue​
2019​
wed​
2014​
thu​
2015​
fri​
2010​
sat​
2011​

no leap years in the bunch but you still have to manually adjust for US Thanksgiving; the Spring break holiday floats a bit but it's usually >7 days so will always have at least one Fri and Sat

I thought I read the base year includes the maximum number of weekend nights? But I can’t find where I read that.

good memory! Wil (@wdrl) looked into it during the great 2020 point chart debate; he used 2018 for his Base Year; the only reason I settled on something different (2017 or really any non-leap year that starts on a Sun) was because I could get RVA's 2020 point chart to exactly match the total RVA points if I used 2017 vs. 2018

very close! just swap the max for min and you're good to go 😁

in fact it's more specific than that; the POS says a minimum of Fri and Sat through high demand periods; I took that to mean minimum number of points overall and found that of the seven options, a Sun start had the fewest total points (at least for RVA)

here is it from the RVA POS (pg. 191) ...

View attachment 542672
https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...ateral-docs/vgf-pos-rev-12_30_13.pdf#page=191

I wonder what high demand periods they are using for that? High demand periods in 1991? High demand periods in 2017? And is high demand Premier season under the old point charts? Premier, Magic and Dream? Premier and Magic?

DVCFan :
2022 Disney Vacation Club Points Charts
December 7, 2020 Paul Krieger 0 Comments disney vacation club, DVC, DVC Fan, points charts
New 2022 Disney Vacation Club point charts have now been released for all fifteen DVC properties! These charts continue with the newly introduced seven travel seasons that we saw implemented last year. The chart announcements come shortly before the 11-month booking window for all resorts opens for January 2022.
As part of this year’s release, Disney Vacation Club stated the following:
After a thorough analysis of Member travel patterns and Resort demand, the 2022 Disney Vacation Club Vacation Points Charts were adjusted to continue to encourage travel throughout the year with the goal of improving availability.
The 2022 Vacation Points Charts will again feature 7 seasons with modified travel options. Similar to the 2021 reallocation, travel periods with greater demand will require more Points and travel periods with less demand will require fewer Points. For example, Members can enjoy stays for fewer Points than the year before when traveling during the summer period. On the other hand, Members who wish to travel in certain weeks in October, November and December will require more Points than the year before.
The 2022 changes only affect Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World Resort. They do not impact Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort, The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas.

Click on links below for a PDF of each resorts 2022 points chart:
Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawai’i
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Disney’s Riviera Resort
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

What I don't exactly understand is why are studios getting cheaper? I can't imagine studios are the "last" to go and thus in less demand.

Not all did though. The BWV SV studio, for example, went from 78 to 85 Dec 15th to 23rd, which does help offset the difference first two weeks which went down...which IMO was a strange move for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter