2022 Point Chart release date?

Often in the past it has been in Nov or first part of Dec. However, when changes to nightly required points are being made, all bets are off. The ones issued last year for 2021 actually came first part of Dec 2019 despite major changes, but there have been times when changes of significance are made and the charts are issued late. For example, DVC's attempt to make a major change to the 2020 point charts by increasing points needed for studios and 1BRs year round came in late Dec 2018, and then after numerous complaints new ones were issued in latter part of Jan 2019, just before the 11-month window opened for Jan 1, 2020.

One of the longest waits was when DVC did the major shift of points from weekend to weekdays for 2010 and then again in 2011. The 2010 point charts with the major changes were not issued until mid-Jan 2009, and the 2011 charts were issued about Jan 20, 2010.

Last edited:

Often in the past it has been Lin Nov or first part of Dec. However, when changes to nightly required points are being made, all bets are off. The ones issued last year for 2021 actually came first part of Dec 2019 despite major changes, but there have been times when changes of significance are made and the charts are issued late. For example, DVC's attempt to make a major change to the 2020 point charts by increasing points needed for studios and 1BRs year round came in late Dec 2018, and then after numerous complaints new ones were issued in latter part of Jan 2019, just before the 11-month window opened for Jan 1, 2020.

One of the longest waits was when DVC did the major shift of points from weekend to weekdays for 2010 and then again in 2011. The 2010 point charts with the major changes were not issued until mid-Jan 2009, and the 2011 charts were issued about Jan 20, 2010.
Do you think we'll see another major point shift for 2022? I really hope not. If they do I feel like we'll see increases in studios like CCV where there is a low number of them available. I get the sense they might try to shun away the small contract studio crowd.

I think they will hold on big changes for 2022 just based on staffing and furloughs. Didn't have the resources to fully plan them out unless when they did them last year they did a multi year progression.

My guess of early December is mostly because of Thanksgiving. It is on 11/26. It would make sense to have WO 11/30 be the earliest release just to avoid calls over holiday.

Do you think we'll see another major point shift for 2022? I really hope not. If they do I feel like we'll see increases in studios like CCV where there is a low number of them available. I get the sense they might try to shun away the small contract studio crowd.

I suspect another point shift similar to 2021 to add more points to fall seasons and decrease others was in the plans. With DVC's ability to change any given night no more than 20% per year, it is possible that they were not done yet with just the 2021 changes. However, covid has thrown a wrench into everything and, even if DVC's original plan was for another change like 2021, that may not occur, at least not for 2022.

I agree that the plan last year was to make changes over 2 years, but could hold off.

On the other hand, given the extra points with the closure, it may wise to follow through so that the busy times will use more points.

I figure we have about a month and hopefully will see then before the annual meeting.

Yes

Not sure why you would hope not? If the point chart is done correctly a specific room category would book roughly the same all year.

If one time of year books at 8am 11 months and another lasts until 7 months the point chart is not balanced correctly.

Yes

Not sure why you would hope not? If the point chart is done correctly a specific room category would book roughly the same all year.

If one time of year books at 8am 11 months and another lasts until 7 months the point chart is not balanced correctly.
I don't mean so much of the timing per say. I have a 50 point contact at CCV. I would like to be able to use it for 3 nights from September through January (sans major holiday period). I don't want to lose a night just by a rebalance of the point chart.

I don't mean so much of the timing per say. I have a 50 point contact at CCV. I would like to be able to use it for 3 nights from September through January (sans major holiday period). I don't want to lose a night just by a rebalance of the point chart.

Unfortunately, that is the way it is supposed to work and DVCM has an obligation to all owners to ensure supply and demand is balanced in that way.

Personally, I think the changes last year were long overdue. Having said that, CCV studios is a unique in that it sells out much of the year right at 11 months so I’m not sure major changes would happen,

But, a given that both studios and 1 bedrooms are a hard 4 on occupancy, I could see that adjustment with a point or two added to studios to help.

Unfortunately, that is the way it is supposed to work and DVCM has an obligation to all owners to ensure supply and demand is balanced in that way.

Personally, I think the changes last year were long overdue. Having said that, CCV studios is a unique in that it sells out much of the year right at 11 months so I’m not sure major changes would happen,

But, a given that both studios and 1 bedrooms are a hard 4 on occupancy, I could see that adjustment with a point or two added to studios to help.
Although a more balanced chart may open me up to other times of the year. My fear is that they lower the cabins (which won't help me) and raise the studio points enough to the point where my 3 day getaway turns into 2. Am I making sense or am I missing something?

But that is there main selling point, you can get a week in a studio for 100 pts or 125 pts now. They start messing too much with studios they will lose there biggest sale tactic.

Its once they realise that its only in off-season and you have to add on points if you want holidays.

They might adjust holiday periods again but that suits me as I only travel off-peak anyway.

But that is there main selling point, you can get a week in a studio for 100 pts or 125 pts now. They start messing too much with studios they will lose there biggest sale tactic.

"Sales tactics" shouldn't play a role in setting the points charts. They should be entirely demand-based.

Whether or not that's the case is another topic.

Although a more balanced chart may open me up to other times of the year. My fear is that they lower the cabins (which won't help me) and raise the studio points enough to the point where my 3 day getaway turns into 2. Am I making sense or am I missing something?
"me" is not how points charts work though. "we" is what matters. yes, if not this year then maybe next year, your three day getaway will turn into two because demand dictates that that happen. studios need to go up and cabins need to come down so the membership will use other room types more often. its what is best for "us", not "you" or "me" (and were studio renters 98% of the time as well).

"me" is not how points charts work though. "we" is what matters. yes, if not this year then maybe next year, your three day getaway will turn into two because demand dictates that that happen. studios need to go up and cabins need to come down so the membership will use other room types more often. its what is best for "us", not "you" or "me" (and were studio renters 98% of the time as well).
Yeah I understand it how it works. Just explaining my concern in my particular situation.

Can they switch across room types like that? I thought after the previous time they tried that the general consensus was it wasn't allowed?

There is debate about that, but what happened in 2020 was a raise in the lock off premium to such a degree that it was questioned,

I don’t see any language in my RIV POS that says it has to be across same room type, but does mention units,

It simply says that the changes must balance with changes across the resort,

I think there are ways to make it work with the rise of studios and changes elsewhere but still keep it within the rules

Not a tactic they need anymore. They won't be selling CCV for long. It's going to be all RIV for a long time, well, and Aulani, which will never go away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter