2021 Halloween Time Superthread *September 3-October 31* *Oogie Boogie Bash Returns on Select Nights*

Attended OBB 10/14 -- nothing prepared me for the spectacular beauty of Villain's Grove. WOW!
Super marvelous event ... we had a blast.

Thanks, all, for the great info in this thread. We accomplished far more than we expected based on your tips and experiences!

Thanks for all the great info on this thread! We fly out tomorrow and our OBB night is Thursday. Just a quick question, as I realize that I've never had to drive to DLR before! I purchased a parking voucher and am just looking for current guidance on which structure to park in, as I believe trams are still not running. We plan to arrive around 1:00 for our lunch reservation, if that makes a difference. I keep reading how long of a walk it is to Downtown Disney, but I don't even seem to know where the parking structures are located!

@AlohaNow: Personally, I like the Toy Story parking lot on S. Harbor Blvd. Security Clearing is done before boarding the bus service to DLR's Harbor gate, the park's original main entrance. Maybe I like it because of the nostalgia of arriving at the old main gate ... or maybe I like it for the bus service ... or maybe it is simply habit. I just like it. ;-)

I understand that the walk from the Mickey & Friends parking structure is only a half-mile each way ... but it is reported to feel like at least 1 mile each way especially in the heat (mid-day arrival), at the end of the day (long day of walking?), or if carrying a child, etc. (I don't park at Mickey & Friends because my truck is too tall for the structure ... can't report on that walk from actual experience.)

Safe travels to you and yours!

Morning Toy Story lot has become quite a pain and slow - before it was relatively quick, but now the boarding process is overwhelmed and queue taking 15+minutes in the morning to onto the bus after security.

We used to walk from Harbor conference hotels to Toy Story and bus. Now, it's faster to use Harbor security direct if not trying for rope drop.

Wonder how things will be impacted with Monorail up and running now.

Can't wait for the trams to return.

Ok so I’m going to DL November 1-5 (the only time I could go, it’s complicated lol) but now I’m flying in the afternoon of Halloween and I really want to go to OBB (especially to go on GOTG MAD) that night but obviously tickets are sold out. Obviously eBay, Craigslist, etc is a terrible idea but I did read somewhere that sometimes you can luck out by calling Disney and asking if they’ve got any extras. Has anyone ever had any luck whatsoever with this? TIA
See my post up thread from this one about getting day-of OBB tickets last weekend from the DLH. You must be staying at an onsite hotel to try for these tickets and be up very early that morning. I tried calling several times before our trip and was just told “sold out”.

In Villain's Grove, which villians are represented in the beginning with the candles and at the end where the flowers appear on the tree log? We couldn't figure it out.

In Villain's Grove, which villians are represented in the beginning with the candles and at the end where the flowers appear on the tree log? We couldn't figure it out.
The candles is part of the Hunchback scene (Frollo). I think the flowers and lights at the end are more about goodness coming back before you leave the grove. (DFB did a breakdown of areas and apparently this is called the “Home of the Wisps”: https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...ng-to-oogie-boogie-bash-at-disneyland-resort/ )

For anyone who went since Zombie Captain America showed up, do you know what time he first appears? At the beginning of the party or do they wait until they clear Avengers Campus of non-party people?

For anyone who went since Zombie Captain America showed up, do you know what time he first appears? At the beginning of the party or do they wait until they clear Avengers Campus of non-party people?
I heard he wasn’t out until it was dark last night - that was his only appearance so far. He looks amazing - creepy though!

I saw him out a couple times. The first time was around 7pm and I think it was about 10pm when I saw him again. I avoid the mix in time at the park, so not sure if he was out during that.

Ok so I have this Mr. Incredible costume and I’m thinking I can’t wear the mask part of this even though it only covers a very small part of the face? That makes me sad…

Also for those that have been, are single rider lines going during the party, specifically for RSR?

And I was also wondering if they sell roughly the same amount of tickets each party? I’m just wondering if the wait times at the party tonight are comparable to how they’ll be Halloween night

Attachments

• D6AA1104-B2B8-47BE-9C61-377FB1CE85AE.jpeg
    D6AA1104-B2B8-47BE-9C61-377FB1CE85AE.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Ok so I have this Mr. Incredible costume and I’m thinking I can’t wear the mask part of this even though it only covers a very small part of the face? That makes me sad…

Also for those that have been, are single rider lines going during the party, specifically for RSR?

And I was also wondering if they sell roughly the same amount of tickets each party? I’m just wondering if the wait times at the party tonight are comparable to how they’ll be Halloween night
You can’t wear the mask, but some people do facepaint for masks like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter