• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2021 Halloween Time Superthread *September 3-October 31* *Oogie Boogie Bash Returns on Select Nights*

Hey guys. I forgot to print my tickets to OBB for Tuesday but I just added them to my account. Will that be enough to show at the gate or should I print them? Do you have to scan your code now than once? (Thinking probably scan for any Photo Pass pics but I can screen shot my code for that)

We also have 5 day park hoppers on my account that we are not using until December. I don't want to accidentally scan those. Thanks!

Hey guys. I forgot to print my tickets to OBB for Tuesday but I just added them to my account. Will that be enough to show at the gate or should I print them? Do you have to scan your code now than once? (Thinking probably scan for any Photo Pass pics but I can screen shot my code for that)

We also have 5 day park hoppers on my account that we are not using until December. I don't want to accidentally scan those. Thanks!

You just need to scan them from the app. You don’t need the print out. They can print a hard ticket at the turnstile.

I believe the code that they need to scan is also at the bottom of the confirmation email. I had my elderly friend take a screenshot of that and that worked.

Hey all! It’s our last day, and we closed the parks last night, so we slept in today. I had a helpful hint to share. We booked Carthay lounge for early dinner last night, and after catching Spidey do his thing we clicked the check in button… the app said it would say when our table was ready. 30 minutes later, I was hungry and antsy, so I walked up. We were told that the app is glitchy, and if you check in on the app, also go up in person. They had no idea we checked in! We waited 10 more minutes to be seated. And then 10 more minutes before anyone took our order. So all told our 3:50 ressie was more like 4:40 :( At least we had a place to sit and some good food (dd got the kid‘s chicken skewer and ate every bite, I devoured the tacos—they were out of shells—so they brought lettuce wraps.)

We didn’t get much done after dinner, lines were pretty bad. But we did eat dill pickle popcorn—this time with the pear a dice soda, and dole whips later. From 8:00 ish on we rode Buzz, Star Tours, Falcon, Tiki Room, we caught the fireworks while walking through Tomorrow Land… short but sweet, we do like the Halloween firework show, just didn’t make time for them last night. And we tried to end the night with Indy… but when the line didn’t move for 10 minutes, we bolted for Pirates and walked on. Matterhorn in the dark was also a bust because they were shut around 10 pm and didn’t open back up.

If you are keeping track, the only headliners we missed so far were Indy and Space. We totally could have ridden Splash multiple times with little to no wait, but I didn’t bring ponchos, and as it was we got soaked on Pirates—go figure!

Today’s agenda is to try for Rise again before we leave, eat churros, maybe another dole whip, buy some churro toffee to take home and a baby present for my niece’s newborn… if rides happen, bonus!

We,watched the first parade right across from Little Mermaid entrance. After parade ended for us, CMs would not let anyone go back towards Grizzly River Run & Villains Grove. We were directed to follow the parade down towards Carthay. Lots of disappointed folks who hoped to head that way.

This is interesting. If anyone attends the parties this week and can confirm this is still happening will you please post? It will definitely change my strategy if this is the case.

We,watched the first parade right across from Little Mermaid entrance. After parade ended for us, CMs would not let anyone go back towards Grizzly River Run & Villains Grove. We were directed to follow the parade down towards Carthay. Lots of disappointed folks who hoped to head that way.
This happened to us on the party on 9/12–super irritating, and made no sense. Why increase the crowds that way instead of letting us through?

This is interesting. If anyone attends the parties this week and can confirm this is still happening will you please post? It will definitely change my strategy if this is the case.

Good question. I wonder if it is just the first parade because we did this after the 2nd parade in September with no problem.

This happened to us on the party on 9/12–super irritating, and made no sense. Why increase the crowds that way instead of letting us through?
Good question. I wonder if it is just the first parade because we did this after the 2nd parade in September with no problem.

Hmmm, maybe you're on to something. Araminta, what parade did you watch? First or second?

FYI! Party tonight and we didn’t get to DCA till 10:30 and the lines are some of the shortest we have seen in 4 days—those first two hours were probably amazing! But we needed sleep!

We are heading to OBB tonight. I just checked the app and wow! Those lines are surprisingly short for a weekend during fall break. We have early dinner reservations at LL at 4pm. I was thinking we wouldn’t get any rides in until after the mix-in period is over. Hopefully the lines don’t get much longer during that time, although we usually avoid the mix-in period because of the crowds.

We are sitting in the terminal now, ready to head home. Tired feet, yesterday we did over 31k steps… I have a bag full of churro toffee and a baby Mickey for my baby nephew. We did do Rise one more time today, 3 times in 4 days, not too shabby. And it’s queue runs so much better than webslingers!!! We also got on Luigi and Monsters Inc today… but mostly we ate and shopped.

Happy trips to all you October people still waiting for your turn!!

There are a few of us that have been trying to get a first hand report on hotel guest availability. So far the “limited club level availability” is the only first hand report we have received.
I am going to respond to my own prior post and give first hand info from this past weekend (Columbus Day weekend). We had to change from our planned WDW trip to DLR one week before the trip. So OBB tix were obviously sold out (we had tickets to the Halloween event in WDW but weren’t going there now…). We stayed at the DLH in a Premium View room (NOT club level) as that was the only thing I could get after checking incessantly for days (we booked one week out from the trip). Upon check in, no mention was made of OBB tickets, but when I asked about them, she said they had a limited number of day-of tickets for resort guests. I was instructed to come down “before 6am” on the day of the party, and I would be put on a list.

On Sunday ( day of the party), I went to the front desk of the DLH at 05:15am (The things we do for our kids…). I had to give my room key and DL, and she made a note of my name and how many tickets I wanted. She made a sticky note for each family; I was told I was the second family on the list, so I should get tickets. I was told I could go to my room or get coffee but I had to be back prior to 0600. At 0600, a different CM called up the first family and processed their tickets, charging them to the room with the room key. This felt like it took an eternity since they said all 3 hotels pull from the same, very, very limited ticket inventory the day of, until they are out. The front desk CM had told all families from #7 on the list and onward that they might not get tickets. I was called as the second on the list, and I got my 2 tickets!!! So excited!!

On Sunday ( day of the party), I went to the front desk of the DLH at 05:15am (The things we do for our kids…). I had to give my room key and DL, and she made a note of my name and how many tickets I wanted. She made a sticky note for each family; I was told I was the second family on the list, so I should get tickets. I was told I could go to my room or get coffee but I had to be back prior to 0600. At 0600, a different CM called up the first family and processed their tickets, charging them to the room with the room key. This felt like it took an eternity since they said all 3 hotels pull from the same, very, very limited ticket inventory the day of, until they are out. The front desk CM had told all families from #7 on the list and onward that they might not get tickets. I was called as the second on the list, and I got my 2 tickets!!! So excited!!
It sounds like a lot of work, but I'll be staying there this weekend club level and am going to ask at check in and also at the concierge desk. I've already told my daughter that chances are high that we won't get it, but that at least we can ask. Where is coffee available that early in the morning?

It sounds like a lot of work, but I'll be staying there this weekend club level and am going to ask at check in and also at the concierge desk. I've already told my daughter that chances are high that we won't get it, but that at least we can ask. Where is coffee available that early in the morning?
I honestly think you will be able to get tickets, especially staying CL and only needing 2 tickets. Definitely be down there early because for me, an extra 30 minutes of sleep was not worth possibly missing OBB tickets!

I am not a coffee drinker, so I did not go for coffee! Sorry I can't help there! There was a coffee maker in the room, so maybe she was indicating that I could do that?

We are going Sunday but since we have APs we also have reservations for Dland because we want the photo in front of the big pumpkin like we always do. Anyone know if there is an issue wearing your costume in the other park before the party.

We are going Sunday but since we have APs we also have reservations for Dland because we want the photo in front of the big pumpkin like we always do. Anyone know if there is an issue wearing your costume in the other park before the party.
Assuming it’s not anything crazy, you see people in costumes by around noon in both parks on OBB days.

Ok so I’m going to DL November 1-5 (the only time I could go, it’s complicated lol) but now I’m flying in the afternoon of Halloween and I really want to go to OBB (especially to go on GOTG MAD) that night but obviously tickets are sold out. Obviously eBay, Craigslist, etc is a terrible idea but I did read somewhere that sometimes you can luck out by calling Disney and asking if they’ve got any extras. Has anyone ever had any luck whatsoever with this? TIA

Ok so I’m going to DL November 1-5 (the only time I could go, it’s complicated lol) but now I’m flying in the afternoon of Halloween and I really want to go to OBB (especially to go on GOTG MAD) that night but obviously tickets are sold out. Obviously eBay, Craigslist, etc is a terrible idea but I did read somewhere that sometimes you can luck out by calling Disney and asking if they’ve got any extras. Has anyone ever had any luck whatsoever with this? TIA
If you are staying onsite, you might be able to get day of tickets. I just did that. Someone else checked in 5:40 this morning and was able to buy tickets for tonight. They sell them at 6am to hotel guests only and they will sell out quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter