2021 Halloween Time Superthread *September 3-October 31* *Oogie Boogie Bash Returns on Select Nights*

I don't, but it wasn't open yet (and didn't look close to opening) when we went by at 7 even though it was getting dark.

We watched the 2nd parade by the Little Mermaid ride and then went over, and even though the line looked long, we were in less than 10 minutes later. We got in about 10:35 and were out at 10:47.

This was my exact experience and strategy on 9/19.

I don't, but it wasn't open yet (and didn't look close to opening) when we went by at 7 even though it was getting dark.

We watched the 2nd parade by the Little Mermaid ride and then went over, and even though the line looked long, we were in less than 10 minutes later. We got in about 10:35 and were out at 10:47.
This is what I am hoping for tomorrow night…

researching on this thread & watched some youtube videos of what's in store..I'm super stoked!! our diy costumes are ready & can't wait for this sunday. last OBB from 2019 was super fun (the magic candy hour was 10pm--CMs just dumped handfuls from that point on)

I got a lot done at the party last night! Rode Webslingers, Monsters After Dark twice, Little Mermaid (ride stopped many times while I was on it), Mickey's Fun Wheel, and Monsters Inc. I did most of the treat trails and I think Sid and Cruella were the most amazing - all characters were good, but I thought that Sid and Cruella were the real deal. I went through Villains Grove twice and watched the second parade. I ended up solo and I think I'd go that route again next time.

I'm going to be at Disneyland on Oct 19th with parkhopper tix. That is an early close for OBB for DCA at 6PM. If we get in a line in DCA at, oh say at 5:45 and the wait is 45 minutes are we allowed to stay and ride before going back to Disneyland?

I'm going to be at Disneyland on Oct 19th with parkhopper tix. That is an early close for OBB for DCA at 6PM. If we get in a line in DCA at, oh say at 5:45 and the wait is 45 minutes are we allowed to stay and ride before going back to Disneyland?
You theoretically should be able to; however, someone earlier in this thread reported that they tried to get in line for Grizzly around 5:50 and were rejected. I think they really want to make sure non-party guests are leaving the parks by 6. So I'd be wary of anything major after 5:30.

Went to OBB round 2 with friends last night. We did zero rides and focused on the treat trails (did them all once and some twice), saw the parade twice, went to Villains Grove, took some photopass pictures (so many magic shots!)... operationally, nothing seemed terribly different than my first party on 9/16. Webslingers was really long all three times we went by, but other rides looked short from what we could see. Let me know if anyone has any questions!
Glad you had a good time! Do you happen to remember what the Magic Shots were and the locations?

Glad you had a good time! Do you happen to remember what the Magic Shots were and the locations?
Hi! We got a few magic shots by the Headless Horseman and nearby there, where a Photopass photographer was facing Carthay. (She did four of them!) We also got one in Carsland. We got one where we're walking with Lock, Shock, and Barrel walking behind us; one with the cauldron in front of us (I think we're supposed to be holding poisoned apples, but we're not); one where I'm holding the pumpkin head from the headless horseman; one with an Oogie Boogie moon up in the sky; and one with Oogie Boogie kind of standing next to us.

We never asked for any; they just had us pose. There might be more if you ask. Hope that helps!

Here are some pictures from the party last Thursday. Sat down at the tables by the Hyperion theater so when the clock struck 6 PM, I was in line for the Mad Hatter.
View attachment 611113

View attachment 611114View attachment 611115

View attachment 611116

View attachment 611117

View attachment 611118

View attachment 611119

View attachment 611120

View attachment 611121

View attachment 611122

Then we went on Soarin' and Monsters After Dark.
That’s a great shot of the parade with the Ferris wheel in the background!

Hi - sharing some experiences from last night’s ( Thursday) OBB party -

it did not feel busy or overly crowded to me once the party started, but that could be because our focus was on party happenings & characters rather than rides. It felt very busy during the overlap time we were in DCA, which was starting at 4pm.
  • We walked through the esplanade at 2:30pm and did not see any massive lines waiting to get in to DCA. There seemed to be some people lined up at a couple of the right hand gates, but those lines were not even back to the ticket booths at that time.
  • Lots of wristband checks starting soon after 6pm for the first 30 min or so.
  • All Treat Trails moved very quickly, even those where the lines seemed really long early in the evening.
  • None of the character lines seemed really long, we didn’t wait more than 15-20 minutes, Also, remember the party ticket includes free photo pass pics; I’d forgotten this until a CM in he first line we were in reminded us.
  • Speaking of characters, there is a photo op with Mickey & Minnie together in Paradise Gardens that is special because they are both there together which rarely happens during regular spark hours. The line for it was very long before the first parade, so we skipped it then. We went back towards the end of the second parade & it was much shorter. No one started lining up for it then until after that parade was over except us and one other party, and we showed up with about 5 min left in the parade.
  • We,watched the first parade right across from Little Mermaid entrance. After parade ended for us, CMs would not let anyone go back towards Grizzly River Run & Villains Grove. We were directed to follow the parade down towards Carthay. Lots of disappointed folks who hoped to head that way.
  • We cut through Avengers Campus while the first parade was still happening and there was no line for the treat trail there; it had been very long when the party started so we’d skipped it then for later,
  • We walked by Villains Grove approx 9:30pm and the line was not even back to the Grand Cal entrance. This surprised me given the reports by others in the thread. I commented to the CM with the Line Starts Here sign, about expecting the line to be longer. He said they changed things starting this week & are no longer “pulsing the line”, so the line is shorter and moves through quicker. We were in line, through the grove, and out all in about 30 minutes.
  • They were still letting people go into Villains Grove at 10:55pm, line had not been cut off early.
  • Cars Land lighting was awesome! And such fun!
  • At 10pm during second parade, Radiator Springs Racers had a posted wait of 35 minutes but was only 20. It had been posting waits of around an hour most of the night.
  • At the Headless Horseman Statue by Carthay, the line for pictures around 9pm was not even half way back to the Partners statue. This was short compared to earlier in the evening and seems like it was shorter than reports here of it closer to closing time.
Thanks for those who’ve posted their experiences earlier, the tips,were helpful for us as first time attendees re what to expect and how,we could make best use of our time.

I will apologize in advance for last night’s sprinkle of rain, unless you were happy it happened. As Oregonians we bring the rain down with us, nearly every visit; we are in a drought so we brought a little less this time!

Short day 1 report, including OBB:

We were up before 5 am, and after a quick 2.5 hour flight, checked into BWPPI and were walking into DL shortly before noon! Found a spot to hang out and did the thing and got boarding passes for Rise! I don’t remember our group? 197 I think? We did get on around 4 pm with a half hour wait, I won’t spoil it, but holy crow that’s a good ride!

We were hungry so we we straight to tropical hideaway for the mango chamoy dole whips and lumpia! Yum! Then we looked at the app and tackled some rides… Small World, Star Tours, Mr Toad, Snow White, Pinocchio, Winnie the Pooh all done between like 12:45 and 4 when our boarding group was called. We finished Rise by 5 and decided we needed to freshen up. So we headed back to BWPPI got our bags, got the room, and cleaned up a little… and then off to DCA we went, rolling into OBB at 6:03 pm!

I know there is a mix-in… But we didn’t need it… we have done so many Halloween parties we do them our way now. And our way is mostly rides! Soarin was walk on, then we needed dill pickle popcorn from the cozy cones… they are no longer doing docs grape tonic— bummer — but the pomegranate limeade from cozy cone 4 sufficed. Then a look at the app, and we practically ran to Monsters after dark… essentially a walk on. Then Screamin, Mickey’s wheel of death swinging side both walk on, and webslingers with a 30 minute wait. We caught bits of the parade as it went by but didn’t camp for it.

Around 9 pm, we tried to eat something but lots of places were shut already. Settled for the giant Pym pretzel, it was sooo good, but enough to feed 4 people. Did 3 treat trails, missed Agatha on break, had fun with Maleficent and Syd. And around 10 essentially walked on to Villian’s Grove… fabulous! At 10:30 we had a 20 minute wait for RSR, and my dear teen was showing signs of being up for 19 hours… so we rode, exiting the ride at 11:01 pm… off to bed we went and we decided to skip rope drop this morning. DCA is our starting park today, so we will head there around 11 am, do a few things, try and get Rise again and head to DL for the rest of the day/night.

All in all, a pretty good day with no fast passes!

Hi - sharing some experiences from last night’s ( Thursday) OBB party -

it did not feel busy or overly crowded to me once the party started, but that could be because our focus was on party happenings & characters rather than rides. It felt very busy during the overlap time we were in DCA, which was starting at 4pm.
  • We walked through the esplanade at 2:30pm and did not see any massive lines waiting to get in to DCA. There seemed to be some people lined up at a couple of the right hand gates, but those lines were not even back to the ticket booths at that time.
  • Lots of wristband checks starting soon after 6pm for the first 30 min or so.
  • All Treat Trails moved very quickly, even those where the lines seemed really long early in the evening.
  • None of the character lines seemed really long, we didn’t wait more than 15-20 minutes, Also, remember the party ticket includes free photo pass pics; I’d forgotten this until a CM in he first line we were in reminded us.
  • Speaking of characters, there is a photo op with Mickey & Minnie together in Paradise Gardens that is special because they are both there together which rarely happens during regular spark hours. The line for it was very long before the first parade, so we skipped it then. We went back towards the end of the second parade & it was much shorter. No one started lining up for it then until after that parade was over except us and one other party, and we showed up with about 5 min left in the parade.
  • We,watched the first parade right across from Little Mermaid entrance. After parade ended for us, CMs would not let anyone go back towards Grizzly River Run & Villains Grove. We were directed to follow the parade down towards Carthay. Lots of disappointed folks who hoped to head that way.
  • We cut through Avengers Campus while the first parade was still happening and there was no line for the treat trail there; it had been very long when the party started so we’d skipped it then for later,
  • We walked by Villains Grove approx 9:30pm and the line was not even back to the Grand Cal entrance. This surprised me given the reports by others in the thread. I commented to the CM with the Line Starts Here sign, about expecting the line to be longer. He said they changed things starting this week & are no longer “pulsing the line”, so the line is shorter and moves through quicker. We were in line, through the grove, and out all in about 30 minutes.
  • They were still letting people go into Villains Grove at 10:55pm, line had not been cut off early.
  • Cars Land lighting was awesome! And such fun!
  • At 10pm during second parade, Radiator Springs Racers had a posted wait of 35 minutes but was only 20. It had been posting waits of around an hour most of the night.
  • At the Headless Horseman Statue by Carthay, the line for pictures around 9pm was not even half way back to the Partners statue. This was short compared to earlier in the evening and seems like it was shorter than reports here of it closer to closing time.
Thanks for those who’ve posted their experiences earlier, the tips,were helpful for us as first time attendees re what to expect and how,we could make best use of our time.

I think the Carsland lighting is so cool. It actually tricked me at first. Lol

Today (Friday the 8th) looked like a typical Friday, from years past. It was quite busy in some areas, but we tried to zig when others were zagging.

Slept in and entered DCA at 11:30 am. Rode Little Mermaid, grabbed webslingers boarding passes for later (as it turns out much later! We rode at 9:40 pm!) Then we got fun drinks at Bing Bongs, rode the swings and decided to head over to DL.

Were in DL from 1:15 ish till 9:15 pm… rode Millennium Falcon, Matterhorn, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Autopia and Winnie the Pooh. Oh! And we took the rafts to Tom Sawyer’s island (I know it’s not called that anymore Loll!) Had a lovely dinner at Cafe Orleans and can confirm you can swap the mashed potatoes for pommes frites on the chicken dish. Chicken was fine… the mushroom soup and the gumbo starters were delish! Ended with Dr. Facilier’s mousse cake… yuuuummmmm!

Got Bengal BBQ later, took 20 minutes after I clicked I am here and the food was luke warm, which was disappointing, as we love that place. Also had churro toffee at some point from candy palace, it’s a must try!

We crossed back to DCA after fireworks and closed out the park with our boarding passes to Webslingers… and now it’s bedtime. Rope Drop DL in the a.m. trying for HM and Indy :)

Sweet dreams!

Last edited:
I will apologize in advance for last night’s sprinkle of rain, unless you were happy it happened. As Oregonians we bring the rain down with us, nearly every visit; we are in a drought so we brought a little less this time!
Would you please visit CA once a week, we desperately need the rain! 🌧

Quick rope drop report for Saturday the 9th… I scored boarding group 17 for Rise! We lined up at bag check at 7:15, we were about 20 back at the turnstiles (unfortunately all new people in front of us, so we were slowed by picture taking). Joined the mob at Adventureland gate by 7:45 and ran-walked to HM at 8 on the nose… most people went to Indy. But we have seen 30 minute waits for Indy at night while HM has never dropped below an hour. We were in line for HM at 8:03 and off and walking toward Batuu at 8:20.

We then rode the millennium falcon, followed by our boarding pass for Rise. We snuck in Alice and Storybook boats and it is now 10:30 and we are sitting down to eat something! Good morning!

Quick rope drop report for Saturday the 9th… I scored boarding group 17 for Rise! We lined up at bag check at 7:15, we were about 20 back at the turnstiles (unfortunately all new people in front of us, so we were slowed by picture taking). Joined the mob at Adventureland gate by 7:45 and ran-walked to HM at 8 on the nose… most people went to Indy. But we have seen 30 minute waits for Indy at night while HM has never dropped below an hour. We were in line for HM at 8:03 and off and walking toward Batuu at 8:20.

We then rode the millennium falcon, followed by our boarding pass for Rise. We snuck in Alice and Storybook boats and it is now 10:30 and we are sitting down to eat something! Good morning!
Wow! You got more done in an hour than most people do by afternoon (kidding) :earsboy: Sounds like a great morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter