2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be at F&W for opening weekend and I remember seeing that the dance party was coming back for 7 days a week instead of just the weekend. I also remember seeing that Meg Donnelly would be there for the first weekend. Is there any more information that has recently been released regarding this? I have a huge Meg Donnelly fan in this house - DD8 would be thrilled to see her! Just trying to work it in to plans. Thanks!
Nothing I've seen aside from the initial announcement and I've tried to double/triple confirm myself as we're coming down for it as our daughter is a fanatic - it was her birthday present. If it's anything like what the Disney Jr performers did last year she'll perform on the stage behind the fountains at 630, 730 and 830 on Friday and Saturday night.

Nothing I've seen aside from the initial announcement and I've tried to double/triple confirm myself as we're coming down for it as our daughter is a fanatic - it was her birthday present. If it's anything like what the Disney Jr performers did last year she'll perform on the stage behind the fountains at 630, 730 and 830 on Friday and Saturday night.
That's good info to go on! I had really nothing because I didn't remember this from last year's festival at all. Thank you!

Question about 1st day of the festival... we've never been there for this -- is it absolutely insane? I know this year is a wild card with SWGE opening on the same day, but I'm trying to get a bit of a sense of how past years have been.

Tiffany has been added to the Eat to the Beat concerts for 9/13 through 9/15.

The only dates which have not been assigned a band are 11/12 through 11/14.

Tiffany has been added to the Eat to the Beat concerts for 9/13 through 9/15.

The only dates which have not been assigned a band are 11/12 through 11/14.
I just saw tiffany at a new kids on the block concert and honestly it was very disappointing. She sang off key all night and was awful in person. Hopefully she was just having an off night.

Question about 1st day of the festival... we've never been there for this -- is it absolutely insane? I know this year is a wild card with SWGE opening on the same day, but I'm trying to get a bit of a sense of how past years have been.
As you said, all bets off this year what with Galaxy’s Edge but I have been there on day 1 the last few years and have enjoyed. My biggest issue has been heat. It is still HOT here in August! If you follow various blogs it is kinda fun to see all the bloggers doing their thing. I remember it being busy - busier than the average weekday - but not Saturday afternoon unbearable. Merchandise lines (especially passholder exclusives) as well as lines for passholder magnets were on the crazier end of things plus I think they were still working out the process/logistics. We may be back this year.

As you said, all bets off this year what with Galaxy’s Edge but I have been there on day 1 the last few years and have enjoyed. My biggest issue has been heat. It is still HOT here in August! If you follow various blogs it is kinda fun to see all the bloggers doing their thing. I remember it being busy - busier than the average weekday - but not Saturday afternoon unbearable. Merchandise lines (especially passholder exclusives) as well as lines for passholder magnets were on the crazier end of things plus I think they were still working out the process/logistics. We may be back this year.
Do we know anything about passholder exclusives yet for this year?

That's good info to go on! I had really nothing because I didn't remember this from last year's festival at all. Thank you!
We stumbled in to Alex Aiono performing last year, I had NO idea who he was but my kids sure did. Pretty much changed our plans for the rest of that evening - hence I remember fondly the whole thing 😂

We stumbled in to Alex Aiono performing last year, I had NO idea who he was but my kids sure did. Pretty much changed our plans for the rest of that evening - hence I remember fondly the whole thing 😂
I find my DD8 often knows more things than I do! Lol! She is BEYOND EXCITED at the chance to see Meg Donnelly! I would hate to misplan that one! :P

GAH you ever just get so excited for something you cry randomly!? No? Of course YOU guys do. You're my Disney people. We did F&W in 2016 with my 2 year old daughter, 15 year old niece, and my husband and they were less than adventurous. Plus it was our first Disney trip every so we didn't allow much time for F&W. 2017 we tried again but this time with my mom along who doesn't necessarily have the same "pace" as us, and really just wanted the adult feel of Epcot on a Saturday night *eye roll*. Then 2018 we were DUMB and thought we wanted to see Disney at Christmas time. It was gorgeous but every day I said "I miss the pumpkins!" So FINALLY this year is MY year. My now 4 year old daughter is quite the little foodie and husband has learned to let me do me or else :D so I can actually say that I am going into F&W 2019 with a PLAN. The plan to end all plans. The bucket list to match too. I am so excited. No less excited than our first ever trip and I know ya'll get it! 61 days!!

GAH you ever just get so excited for something you cry randomly!? No? Of course YOU guys do. You're my Disney people. We did F&W in 2016 with my 2 year old daughter, 15 year old niece, and my husband and they were less than adventurous. Plus it was our first Disney trip every so we didn't allow much time for F&W. 2017 we tried again but this time with my mom along who doesn't necessarily have the same "pace" as us, and really just wanted the adult feel of Epcot on a Saturday night *eye roll*. Then 2018 we were DUMB and thought we wanted to see Disney at Christmas time. It was gorgeous but every day I said "I miss the pumpkins!" So FINALLY this year is MY year. My now 4 year old daughter is quite the little foodie and husband has learned to let me do me or else :D so I can actually say that I am going into F&W 2019 with a PLAN. The plan to end all plans. The bucket list to match too. I am so excited. No less excited than our first ever trip and I know ya'll get it! 61 days!!

Care to share some of the details of your plan?

I apologize if this has been brought up already: Will Disney be offering the World Showcase Wine Walk this season? I read about it on another site and it sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Care to share some of the details of your plan?

We have quite a few Epcot days because my daughter just loved it last year which kind of surprised us. We park hop, pick a park early, take a mid day break then close a different park. So we have like 6 combined mornings/evenings at Epcot and NO sit down reservations so literally all of those days are free reign for F&W! We downloaded the app and pinged a ton we wanna try and let our daughter pick some too and we have a few favorites from previous years as well. If we rope drop Epcot we more than likely will grab a small breakfast at Les Halles then once the booths open we have 5 or 6 we wanna share between the 3 of us. If we enter Epcot later in the day (usually around 4 or 5 pm) we have 4 or 5 places we want to share for a smallish dinner before Illuminations. Still have to look over the map so we're not running back and forth over the world showcase but we are pretty excited! We also took advantage of the free dining plan, and we typically don't eat big meals, so a lot of the meals will be shared leaving us with a lot of credits that we plan on using at F&W.

We have quite a few Epcot days because my daughter just loved it last year which kind of surprised us. We park hop, pick a park early, take a mid day break then close a different park. So we have like 6 combined mornings/evenings at Epcot and NO sit down reservations so literally all of those days are free reign for F&W! We downloaded the app and pinged a ton we wanna try and let our daughter pick some too and we have a few favorites from previous years as well. If we rope drop Epcot we more than likely will grab a small breakfast at Les Halles then once the booths open we have 5 or 6 we wanna share between the 3 of us. If we enter Epcot later in the day (usually around 4 or 5 pm) we have 4 or 5 places we want to share for a smallish dinner before Illuminations. Still have to look over the map so we're not running back and forth over the world showcase but we are pretty excited! We also took advantage of the free dining plan, and we typically don't eat big meals, so a lot of the meals will be shared leaving us with a lot of credits that we plan on using at F&W.
Speaking of the free dining offer. If your daughter wants to eat kids meals as quick serve it will be more financially beneficial to pay for those out of pocket and use her qs credits at f&w to get 3 snack credits at one booth. My daughter is a Disney adult but wants to eat kids meals so we pay out of pocket the $6-7 and use her credits for 3 $6-7 snack credits at the festival.

Do we know anything about passholder exclusives yet for this year?

I haven’t heard or seen anything. I would think we might soon.

I apologize if this has been brought up already: Will Disney be offering the World Showcase Wine Walk this season? I read about it on another site and it sounds like something I'd enjoy.

The Wine Walk is available year-round in World Showcase (it’s not specific to the F&W festival). My one “complaint” is you can’t pick the wines but it’s a fun way to spend the afternoon, for sure!!

Speaking of the free dining offer. If your daughter wants to eat kids meals as quick serve it will be more financially beneficial to pay for those out of pocket and use her qs credits at f&w to get 3 snack credits at one booth. My daughter is a Disney adult but wants to eat kids meals so we pay out of pocket the $6-7 and use her credits for 3 $6-7 snack credits at the festival.
Hadnt even thought of that.....thanks!

I LOVE your excitement!! I love food & wine too!! I am giddy that we will be there in just over 2 months! Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter