2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a local I almost always go on a Saturday or Sunday. Yes there are a lot of people, but frat atmosphere? I wouldn't go that far. There are groups with their drink around the world t shirts but it's not like they're causing fights or spilling drinks on people. With that being said, lines tend to be shorter during the week. A two minute wait during the week can be 15 minute wait on the weekend depending on the booth. The lines tend to increase after about 1 pm
As I said, I haven't been yet during F&W and I was commenting on what I had read on multiple Facebook posts over the years. Many of which said they saw people so drunk they can't walk, picking fights, or barfing. Not sure if it's true or over-exaggeration..

As I said, I haven't been yet during F&W and I was commenting on what I had read on multiple Facebook posts over the years. Many of which said they saw people so drunk they can't walk, picking fights, or barfing. Not sure if it's true or over-exaggeration..
I’ve never seen that and I’ve been to food and wine five times now. It gets super busy I mean I leave because it’s just too many people. Maybe a few a little rowdy? I’ve never seen any one pick fights or barfing. I don’t think it’s a great place with littles at night because there’s just so many people and it’s easy to get separated. Plus mine get super bored with us just walking around trying stuff. They aren’t adventurous eaters so they have no interest in trying all of the yummy goodies.
I love food and wine. I’m going again this year after a year off.

With the changes to the festival center, are there details about book signings?

In the past, if a celebrity chef was doing a Sunday brunch event, I’d head to the center at 9am to get a wrist band for after the event.

Any details on book signings or wrist bands that anyone has heard of?

Thanks!

I think this will be my 13th or 14th Food & Wine (when did I get so old??) and I have not seen the debauchery that some report. I do tend to steer clear of the weekends just from a crowd control standpoint so that may have something to do with it. I did once see a women sitting in one of the park rental strollers with her eyes closed waiting on Illuminations :P but a) she wasn't hurting anyone and b) I'm not sure we can assume it was alcohol-related - maybe she was sick or had a long night with the kids but didn't want to make the family go home. Generally speaking, part of me thinks that one finds what one is looking for and sometimes makes assumptions to fit their own narrative. For example I'm a klutz. I'm sure I've stumbled in Epcot and maybe some people assumed I was falling down drunk. If someone is on the hunt for drunk and/or loud and obnoxious people, I'm certain they'll be able find them. We tend to do our own thing, let others do theirs, and actually enjoy the festival atmosphere. We've met many nice people chatting in line or sharing a table. All that said, it can get crowded and it is a bit of a party atmosphere - more so on the weekends - but we have a blast.

With the changes to the festival center, are there details about book signings?

In the past, if a celebrity chef was doing a Sunday brunch event, I’d head to the center at 9am to get a wrist band for after the event.

Any details on book signings or wrist bands that anyone has heard of?

Thanks!

The site still refers to book signings but they haven't offered any details on the logistics yet (that I've seen).

I'm sure the answer is in this thread somewhere but don't have time on my lunch break to go through. This is our first ifw, I've read we can use snack credits for food but how much extra $$ do you suggest, (I'm really interested in the drinks.. DH the food)

Oh the "drunks" at Epcot chant is back.

I post this every year. I was at Epcot several years ago and witnessed an hysterical scene. There were several girls dancing to Off Kilter over by Epcot. The "temperance police" started LOUDLY complaining about DRUNKS at EPCOT and pointing at them. This only encouraged them to act crazy. Temperance Police finds a CM and proceeds to make a scene about how those drunks need to be thrown out of a family park. CM just looks at her but finally she gets him to call security. She then attacks security with her DEMANDS, Security goes over to talk to the girls.... they were 16 and SOBER LOL! But the woman wanted to see "drunks" so she found them. When the Security person went back to the Temperance Police she practically lost her mind that he wasn't throwing drunks out and stormed of the Guest Services loudly screaming "I AM NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN" (She won't be missed :) )

Security stayed and watched the band!

Then there was the year I got a stomach virus and got sick in Epcot... Yes one of those self appointed watchdogs called me out for being drunk. (I was tempted to go shake her hand to share my germs. Everyone in our group got sick on that trip, one person with a virus can do a lot of damage!)

So at least SOME of the "drunks" are more "self fulfilling" People expect to see drunks so anyone having fun is "drunk" . Personally I don't see how you can get drunk on a Saturday at Epcot during F&W. The lines are LONG and they only give you those small drinks two at a time. It's so packed that all I do is make my way to PFTS and leave, I don't even try on Saturdays!

We've gone to F&W for a few years and really enjoyed our time there. We are very much looking forward to our upcoming trip.
We have not seen the kind of miserable experiences that apparently some facebook people say they have had.

I generally believe if you're planning on having a fun, positive Epcot visit you likely will have just that.:flower:

We've gone to F&W for a few years and really enjoyed our time there. We are very much looking forward to our upcoming trip.
We have not seen the kind of miserable experiences that apparently some facebook people say they have had.
I generally believe if you're planning on having a fun, positive Epcot visit you likely will.
We all know Facebook is a place for people to over embellish...but it struck fear in me! We'll be there twice during F&W. I fully expect to have a fun, positive visit. We're just avoiding Saturday :upsidedow

This will be our first time at F&W (yay!), and I've booked one of the Mix It, Make It seminars (Cupcake decorating!). I'm curious, how long do the seminars last? And where is the WS Event Pavilion? I'm racking my brain and I can't figure out where it is.

...wait a minute! Is that the big multi-use building that we got to peek into during the Undiscovered World Showcase tour? Kinda behind Canada?

Two years ago I was at food & wine with an injured knee. I stumbled walking away from a booth and was loudly accused of being an “Epcot drunk” the truth is you find what you are looking for. Often young people just having fun are assumed to be a drunk crowd.

I think the weekend vibe at F&W is full of life!!

This will be our first time at F&W (yay!), and I've booked one of the Mix It, Make It seminars (Cupcake decorating!). I'm curious, how long do the seminars last? And where is the WS Event Pavilion? I'm racking my brain and I can't figure out where it is.

...wait a minute! Is that the big multi-use building that we got to peek into during the Undiscovered World Showcase tour? Kinda behind Canada?

Good call... World Showplace is between the Canada and UK pavilions. I'm not sure about the duration of the Mix It, Make It seminars... the cooking demos are ~45 min

So is World Showplace where the Festival Center is now? I never attend the seminars, but I like shopping at the Festival Center. Will they still have the shop in there, do you think?

I will be canceling my 9/24 Candy Sushi reservation (2 guests @ 3:30). If someone's interested in coordinating so you can try to snag it when I drop, just PM me. I'd like to cancel it this week.

So the moral of the story, is don’t do the ‘Mummy in the kitchen’ dance at Epcot. You know the one... glass of wine in one hand, wooden spoon in the other...:.

No the moral is do the "Mummy in the kitchen" dance and enjoy the secondary show of the 'morals police' acting out :) Seriously I know some people actually do act crazy just to upset the "we are looking or drunks" vigilantes.

I'm sure the answer is in this thread somewhere but don't have time on my lunch break to go through. This is our first ifw, I've read we can use snack credits for food but how much extra $$ do you suggest, (I'm really interested in the drinks.. DH the food)
when the prices come out closer to opening, you just need to budget and plan what you are wanting and figure out your budget. I had almost $300 in items I wanted to try over the 8 days I was there. I had to trim some off the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter