2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Does anyone know of any online calculators that can help determine the cost difference between free dining and RO discount? I used the distrip planner one, but doesn't have an option to indicate that it's FD.

:guilty: Unfortunately with the way the November calendar falls this year Im not surprised there’s limited November dates. First you have Jersey week, then Veterans Day and then there are only 4 weekdays before the people who get off the entire Thanksgiving week can go!

Does anyone know of any online calculators that can help determine the cost difference between free dining and RO discount? I used the distrip planner one, but doesn't have an option to indicate that it's FD.

Its easy enough to determine it on your own by looking at the packages and room rates on the Disney website in my opinion.
I just price out a non discounted package to determine FD and if I want to upgrade to the next dining plan I just add the difference. and a non discounted room and do the math for the RO.

For QSDP: $52 per adult per night , $22 per child.
For StandardL $75 per adult per night and $26 per child.

Its easy enough to determine it on your own by looking at the packages and room rates on the Disney website in my opinion.
I just price out a non discounted package to determine FD and if I want to upgrade to the next dining plan I just add the difference. and a non discounted room and do the math for the RO.
Well, that's what I did, but I was thinking more along the lines of something that allows me to put in my planned resort and restaurants, and allows me to see what the savings would be each way, with maybe an option to get the AP discount. I have lofty dreams here! :teeth:

I was wondering, we have to book two rooms due to our family size. If we want to catch fd online before the phones open, can we both book 2 separate rooms and then call in to get them joining? And can you do that on the same account?

This is really important because I think you need to have only 1 reservation number so Disney can see you have 2 adults only for 2 rooms, plus kids and therefore need connecting rooms. But I have never been able to do that online either. So I would book 2 separate ones online and when the phones die down try to get them to merge it into 1 reservation. It might involve the help of IT.

I sure wish RO details came out like FD does some. My dates are 10/28-11/4, and I was hoping for some sort of discount. Blah! Going regardless, but a discount would make it better, ha.

After doing free dining for the past few years we opted to book a RO bounce back offer when we were last there in December for our upcoming September trip (a significant savings, so I encourage people to do the math if you're not sure which is best). That said, fingers crossed for everyone looking this year! I remember being on my laptop when it was released last year just before 6am and how excited I was when everything went smoothly. Good luck!

The tomorrow FD I believe is the bounce back for the UK. I've read it from other posts on the Disboards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter