2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Any idea how much room only discounts might possibly be. I will have to decide quickly to get whichever would be best for my vacation. I am terrible about thinking, and thinking, and thinking before I finally decide. My Dad and I will be staying at POP in November.

While I do not know what the RO discounts might look like... I can offer some help as to the deciding anxiety. I have made a list of my top picks with dates and prices listing what I want at the top then worked my way down so that way in my case of wanting FD, the morning it drops I can go to my first pick. And if it is not available I can simply work my way down the list. Make some calculations on what the savings would be with FD versus say a 20% RO discount at a deluxe (usually if it says "save ___% RO" the highest percentage is for deluxe).

While I do not know what the RO discounts might look like... I can offer some help as to the deciding anxiety. I have made a list of my top picks with dates and prices listing what I want at the top then worked my way down so that way in my case of wanting FD, the morning it drops I can go to my first pick. And if it is not available I can simply work my way down the list. Make some calculations on what the savings would be with FD versus say a 20% RO discount at a deluxe (usually if it says "save ___% RO" the highest percentage is for deluxe).
That sounds like a great idea! I will start working on that today. Already plan to be late for work on whichever date these offers are released so that I can patiently keep calling over and over!. Heck, if its a sunny warm day, and I get the discount I want... I may just call in all together!

crossing fingers for one more standard AsSp for 8/29-9/12, already have 2 booked bounceback......if not AsSp, DH and I can stay at the AsMu, AsMo or lastly, Pop Century, looking for the cheapest room......

Any idea how much room only discounts might possibly be. I will have to decide quickly to get whichever would be best for my vacation. I am terrible about thinking, and thinking, and thinking before I finally decide. My Dad and I will be staying at POP in November.
In my experience, 2 adults at POP is usually best with FD (if you already count on have the necessary nights/tix etc.). QS dinig is 52$ per person/day. Meaning it could save you 104$/ day to get free dining. You can maybe reverse calculate and see which % room discount you would need to save that much. Then when the discount details are released you can decide at a quick glance.

That sounds like a great idea! I will start working on that today. Already plan to be late for work on whichever date these offers are released so that I can patiently keep calling over and over!. Heck, if its a sunny warm day, and I get the discount I want... I may just call in all together!

OHHH I already plan on calling in!!! I will be up all night waiting and I have to be at work at 4:30am... I am taking a day for myself and Disney planning. Are you going to be able to make a reservation online??? You could be tied up for hours on the phone because they open the hotlines at 7am EST.

In my experience, 2 adults at POP is usually best with FD (if you already count on have the necessary nights/tix etc.). QS dinig is 52$ per person/day. Meaning it could save you 104$/ day to get free dining. You can maybe reverse calculate and see which % room discount you would need to save that much. Then when the discount details are released you can decide at a quick glance.
I am taking my Dad for his 70th birthday. We will be arriving on November 24, and as it is just the 2 of us this year, we will be staying at Pop for the first time. I already have my package including park hopper. I did just get the standard room, which I hope will be included for both RO, and free dining offers . Hopefully I will be able to quickly get whichever discount added to my reservations, and then can relax and wait for our wonderful Daddy and daughter trip! Thanks for your help!!!

OHHH I already plan on calling in!!! I will be up all night waiting and I have to be at work at 4:30am... I am taking a day for myself and Disney planning. Are you going to be able to make a reservation online??? You could be tied up for hours on the phone because they open the hotlines at 7am EST.
I already have the reservation, I hope it works out so that I can just add the discount to my existing reservation. If I knew exactly which day they would come out I could ask off ahead of time. I will need a sick day to distress from the amount of time its going to take on the phone, or a vacation day to celebrate it getting the discount. I am being positive that I will get whichever discount I want!!! Is there any way to get this added online to my reservation without having to call in?

I already have the reservation, I hope it works out so that I can just add the discount to my existing reservation. If I knew exactly which day they would come out I could ask off ahead of time. I will need a sick day to distress from the amount of time its going to take on the phone, or a vacation day to celebrate it getting the discount. I am being positive that I will get whichever discount I want!!! Is there any way to get this added online to my reservation without having to call in?

I am taking my Dad for his 70th birthday. We will be arriving on November 24, and as it is just the 2 of us this year, we will be staying at Pop for the first time. I already have my package including park hopper. I did just get the standard room, which I hope will be included for both RO, and free dining offers . Hopefully I will be able to quickly get whichever discount added to my reservations, and then can relax and wait for our wonderful Daddy and daughter trip! Thanks for your help!!!
It's a bit different but hopefully still helpful.

I have 2 reservations currently: A BB RO booked at Pop and a normal reservation booked at Pop. I have run the numbers and it will be less $ for us to go the FD option at Pop over the BB, RO option at Pop. Both are standard rooms. We are 1A and 1C but even adding an additional $24/night to upgrade an adult dining plan as opposed to a child, the FD option is still less $$ for us.

So sorry for the repeat posting.. My work computer had a little trouble, and I inadvertently hit post a couple of times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter