• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** Updated 7/29 with Corral Info

If any one could please post a link for Dumbo early registration on Active it would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup2

At 8:15 or so: Disneyland AP ‏@DisneylandAP tweeted:

"As of 8:11a PST, pre-registration spots for #DumboDoubleDare & #Disneyland5k are full."

Boy that was fast! Good luck for those trying at 9 am.

"As of 8:11a PST, pre-registration spots for #DumboDoubleDare & #Disneyland5k are full."

wowza that was fast! Look like they didn't open any slots for the 10k early registration. hope this means they really limited the preregistration slots

I managed to snag a DDD slot. The registration appeared to open up about 3-4 minutes before 0800 PST, and there wasn't an option for 10Ks.

wowza that was fast! Look like they didn't open any slots for the 10k early registration. hope this means they really limited the preregistration slots

Not sure why it wasn't included, but I did successfully sign up for the 10k.

Hi! I'm new to the Dis and thought I'd get in on this thread. I'm signed up for the 5K and the DDD. My first runDisney event was the Tinkerbell half and 5K this month and I had so much fun I decided to sign up for August. I know I'll be questioning my sanity when I'm up at O'dark 30 doing training runs in the heat and humidity in AZ. Just have to keep the bling in mind! LOL

Joanne

I'm in!! :cool1: I've just started training, and this will be my first 5K!! Also attending the welcome party! :thumbsup2pixiedust:

Can't wait for this event!!!

I'm in for the DDD. And it will be my first trip to Disneyland! Going solo so hoping to maybe make some friends for some meet ups.

QQ: I've got to register each person in my family separately for the 5k?

FYI - DDD and 10k already sold out

I am so upset! My sister and I were online at the same time tore gusted for the 10k, I hit submit a few seconds before her. I got in, she didnt! Now I'm running alone! So sad!

Well, this is slightly disappointing. After trying to get on the site for a good 15 minutes, I registered myself for the 10K and went to register my hubby right after, and by 9:54 when I hit "submit", it was sold out. :sad:

I did the 10K alone last year and just finished the TinkerBell Half with my sister. I was really looking forward to having my husband with me this year. runDisney is so much fun, so I am trying to be excited and not too disappointed though!

Well, this is slightly disappointing. After trying to get on the site for a good 15 minutes, I registered myself for the 10K and went to register my hubby right after, and by 9:54 when I hit "submit", it was sold out. :sad:

I did the 10K alone last year and just finished the TinkerBell Half with my sister. I was really looking forward to having my husband with me this year. runDisney is so much fun, so I am trying to be excited and not too disappointed though!

My sister and I were literally online registering a the same time. I hit submit a few seconds before her and got in. She did not! It is really a flaw in the system when you can't register as a family. I am so disappointed. It was supposed to be a sister bonding experience!

Can't believe how lucky I was to get all 4 of us through for the 10k - finished off the last one at 9:55am! Must have been one of the last to get through.

I agree that you should be able to register a whole family group at once to avoid that situation where only part of the group gets in.

Had the same thing happen with the Tinker Bell 10K. I was still able to use one of the travel agents listed on Run Disney's website and got a 10K spot pretty late in the game. Don't give up hope. It's a bit of a hassle but worth it in the end.

As of 1:56 pm PST:

Disneyland® Half Marathon
85%

Disneyland® 10K
Sold Out

Dumbo Double Dare
Sold Out

Disneyland® Family Fun Run 5K
74%

runDisney Kids Races
Sold Out

Pasta in the Park Party
80%

Welcome Event
99%

Still room for the Half and 5K and Pasta Party.

I tried to sign up for the Welcome Party, but it wouldn't let me. I guess it is too close to full. I would like to go, but I could miss it. I'll catch it next time.

Had the same thing happen with the Tinker Bell 10K. I was still able to use one of the travel agents listed on Run Disney's website and got a 10K spot pretty late in the game. Don't give up hope. It's a bit of a hassle but worth it in the end.

I didn't see any travel agents listed. Where would i find that?
thanks!

I didn't see any travel agents listed. Where would i find that?
thanks!

No worries. It's on the Run Disney registration page all the way at the bottom below the charity organizations; you can get admission with them as well, but you'll need to raise some donations and they aren't light and if you don't raise the full amount, you'll owe the balance~$400+. There's a listing of about 8 Travel Providers, i.e. Travel Agents. The one I worked with was really good and gave a decent price.

As of right now the 10K, DDD, kids races, and welcome event are all sold out - the half marathon and 5K are very close to it. So how did the plan of limiting pre-registration actually pan out. Doesn't seem to have slowed registration at all. I wasn't able to keep up with everything this morning but it felt like everything sold out even faster this year.

I've signed up for the 5k. I'm not a runner and I've never raced before. I'm hoping the idea of doing a 5k in August will keep me motivated until then! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter