• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** Updated 7/29 with Corral Info

Belle Ella

DIS Veteran
DisneylandHalfMarathon-1.gif

August 28-31, 2014

Will you be participating in any of the 2011 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend events? Drop by here so we can share tips, encouragement, and planning details with one another!

Announcement!
We are planning a small DIS Meet! If you'd like to join us, head to Trader Sam's Tiki Bar/Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel on Friday, August 29 at 2:00 pm!

Entry Fees & Deadlines!

The Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and kids races are all sold out!

The Pasta in the Park Party and Welcome Event are both sold out!

ChEAR Squad
Half Marathon Only
  • Silver - $45 per package (65% full)
  • Gold - Sold Out
  • Platinum - $99 per package (84% full)

Schedule of Events!

Thursday, August 28th
Disneyland: 9am-10pm + EMH&MM 8am-9am
• Mickey's Soundsational Parade: 7pm
• Magical Fireworks: 9:25pm

California Adventure: 9am-9pm
• World of Color: 9pm

Welcome Event featuring Runner's World
5:30 am - 7:00 am
Paradise Pier - Disney California Adventure
* Event is Sold Out *

Disneyland Health and Fitness Expo
2:00 - 8:00 pm
Disneyland Hotel Exhibit Hall

Friday, August 29th
Disneyland: 9am-12am
• Mickey's Soundsational Parade: 4pm, 6:30pm
• Fantasmic: 9pm, 10:30pm

California Adventure: 9am-10pm + EMH 8am-9am
• World of Color: 9:45pm

Family Fun Run5K
5:30 am
start/finish @ Downtown Disney District

Course Map:

2014Disneyland5KMap.png

10:00 am - 7:00 pm

Our DIS Meet
Drop by to meet up with a few posters from our Disneyland Half marathon Check-In thread!
2:00 pm
Trader Sam's/Tangaroa Terrace @ the Disneyland Hotel

Saturday, August 30th
Disneyland: 9am-12am EMH&MM 8am-9am

California Adventure: 9am-9pm
• World of Color: 9pm

Disneyland 10K
5:30 am
start/finish: Disneyland Resort

Course Map:

2014Disneyland10KMap.png

runDisney Kids' Races
9:00 am
Downtown Disney District, near ESPN Zone

9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Pasta in the Park Party
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree - Disneyland Park
* Event is Sold Out *

Sunday, August 31st
Disneyland: 9am-11pm

California Adventure: 9am-10pm
• World of Color: 9:45pm

Disneyland Half Marathon
5:29 am Wheelchair Start
5:30 am Runner Start
start/finish: Disneyland Resort

Course Map:

2014DisneylandHalfMap.png

HalfCorrals.png

DDD Runners:
DDDCorrals.png

Our DIS Runners

Disneyland Half Marathon:

Corral A

• croach - DDD
• DLR28 - DDD
• elcid3 - DDD
• Vistaway - DDD

Corral B

• nervous1sttimer - DDD

Corral C

• annmarieda
• eandesmom

Corral D

• fairestoneofall - DDD

Corral E

• adykate

Corral F

• Disaholic73 3041

Corral G

• rachlovestv
• saremmons
• tinkerbell3399 - DDD

Corral H

• Belle Ella 5580
• BOLTZPRIDE
• dianne999 6883 - DDD
• PrincessJewel
• revcohea 24561 - DDD
• sdchickie - DDD
• tiki23 - DDD

Corral I

Corral J

the rest of our half marathon runners:

• architeuthis - DDD
• bug715
• bumbershoot
• chrisaman
• dadofnicholas - DDD
• dwwlmw
• Dziactor - DDD
• Flipmomof3
• Jackie Skellington
• jerivera
• JoanneAZ - DDD
• junmato
• JustADreamAway - DDD
• liesel - DDD
• longhorns2 - DDD
• mershell
• mommy in wonderland - DDD
• OrcaPorkka
• Outonarun - DDD
• pagirlinnc
• RichieTruxillo - DDD
• rmgreenesq - DDD
• RnbwSktles - DDD
• saremmons
• stitch4336 - DDD
• SultanPprShkr - DDD
• sunflare - DDD
• tangledforever - DDD
• TiggerFan3590 - DDD
• tmk0051 - DDD

Disneyland 10K:

Corral A

Corral B

Corral C

Corral D

Corral E

• zanzibar138

the rest of the 10K runners:

• elcid3 - DDD
• fairestoneofall - DDD
• JoanneAZ - DDD
• JustADreamAway - DDD
• KrazyKat4DIS
• kvichi
• liesel - DDD
• longhorns2 - DDD
• maberlyne
• mbradford87
• mommy in wonderland - DDD
• Outonarun - DDD
• pharmama
• PxyShan
• RangerPooh
• Reelirish
• revcohea - DDD
• RichieTruxillo - DDD
• rmgreenesq - DDD
• RnbwSktles - DDD
• sdchickie - DDD
• stitch4336 - DDD
• SultanPprShkr - DDD
• sunflare - DDD
• tangledforever - DDD
• TiggerFan3590 - DDD
• tiki23 - DDD
• tinkerbell3399 - DDD
• tmk0051 - DDD
• Vistaway - DDD
• Viva Las Vegas

Disneyland Family Fun Run 5K:

• Camonkeygirl
• ColoBlu6
• disneydeb64
• funatdisney
• Jackie Skellington
• JoanneAZ
• pharmama
• phil1914
• sak8
• sgpet
• stitch4336
• SultanPprShkr
• wdwmoose
• zanzibar138

I'm not sure if this thread is for information only, or if we're allowed to post. I apologize in advance if I should be posting this elsewhere.

I'm planning on signing up for this race as a walker...my first DL event and first walk longer than a 5k. I'm looking for anyone who's done this before and who might know of any walking groups...maybe even geared toward the DL half, or training groups that might help me get ready.

Thanks in advance.

Michelle

Of course it's not information only ;) Just the starts of the check-in thread for us to post if we're going, talk, share training tips, etc. It'll be a little quiet until registration opens at the end of this month. They didn't have pre-registration at the Expo this weekend for the WDW marathon, etc. and not sure yet if they will at Tinker Bell. Hopefully. I've got my fingers crossed. I want to know that I'm in, even if as it stands right now I'm only in for the 10K. Possibly the 5K as well, but that usually takes a little longer to fill up I think, so I have some time to decide. Then again, these things are getting more and more popular so you never know!

Anyways, hi Michelle! I've done a few of the runDisney events (including 5 half marathons now) so if you have any specific questions I can try and help, as I'm sure others will be too. The only thing with the reunDisney events to keep in mind as a walker is you need to keep a 16-minute per mile pace which is completely do-able.

I think I'm doing the 10k with my aunt. She's running the tinkerbelle half next weekend, it will be her first half marathon. I've never done any real running so this should be exciting. Now just to wait for registration to open. I have an ap so I know I can register a bit early just hoping she gets in too. Definitely not something I wanna do alone.

I'm signing up for the 10k for sure, debating on the dumbo double dare, I've never ran a half though so I can't decide.

Can't wait! Hoping to register for DDD and get the coveted C2C medal too. :)

Awesome! I hope you're able to. We don't have to play the waiting game for too long. Or so we hope.

I'm signing up for the 10k for sure, debating on the dumbo double dare, I've never ran a half though so I can't decide.

There's always a first time for everything and sometimes you have to take that leap and just know what to train for. I didn't think I'd manage it last year but I walked away and now I'm doing the same thing (well, the 10K and Half, no challenge sadly) for Tinker Bell next weekend. But there's nothing wrong with waiting and doing your first half at a different event and then try again net year for DDD.

I think I'm doing the 10k with my aunt. She's running the tinkerbelle half next weekend, it will be her first half marathon. I've never done any real running so this should be exciting. Now just to wait for registration to open. I have an ap so I know I can register a bit early just hoping she gets in too. Definitely not something I wanna do alone.

Good luck to your aunt! And good luck to you. There's never a better time to start 'real running' than the present - although any running is 'real'!

There's always a first time for everything and sometimes you have to take that leap and just know what to train for. I didn't think I'd manage it last year but I walked away and now I'm doing the same thing (well, the 10K and Half, no challenge sadly) for Tinker Bell next weekend. But there's nothing wrong with waiting and doing your first half at a different event and then try again net year for DDD.

I'm doing the Neverland 5k next week :cool1:, I ran cross country in high school a couple decades ago but I only started running again about 4 or 5 months ago when I discovered RunDisney. I'm already up to 3-4 miles twice a week with a longer run of 5-6 miles on the weekend. I'm currently averaging just under 10 min miles for my longer runs and becoming a little obsessed with running again.

I'll probably stick to the 10k this year and train for the half for next years Tink, 13.2 is a huge jump from 6.2.

You can say that again! My training hadn't gone the way I had planned before my first half. Until that point my longest run still was a 5K. But I'm glad I did it. Sounds like you've got a good breakdown plan. That's how I wanted to get myself up the half, but obviously never happened. Now I'm addicted!

So word from the WDW Marathon Weekend Expo is that there will sadly be no pre-registration at the Tinker Bell next weekend, but there will be pre-registration for AP holders and although no pre-registration a discount for Disney Visa cardholders.

I'll keep you posted when I hear more.

I just saw the confirmation of AP pre-reg on the Run Facebook page. I'm glad to hear, tho' my friend who is doing this with me, is not an AP. I hope he gets in.
Ironically, I just found out I have arthritis in my hip and knee (it had been bothering me) and need physical therapy, but there are many months to the race, so I'm confident I can do it.

Does anyone have any training tips for walkers?

I just bought my first AP today :cool1:. Between the 5k next week (and a few days of park fun) and the 10k in August (and a few days of park fun) I'd only need to go once more all year to break even so it made sense.

I was hoping I could just get the Deluxe since I work weekends but the marathon weekend is blacked out so I ended up getting the Premium, at least I'll save $16 a day on parking :).

I just saw the confirmation of AP pre-reg on the Run Facebook page. I'm glad to hear, tho' my friend who is doing this with me, is not an AP. I hope he gets in.
Ironically, I just found out I have arthritis in my hip and knee (it had been bothering me) and need physical therapy, but there are many months to the race, so I'm confident I can do it.

Does anyone have any training tips for walkers?

Hm, I didn't see them post anything on Facebook. What time was it today? Keep in mind, you can help your friend register. My friend who is an AP holder got me registered since I am not an AP holder anymore.

Good luck with your knee!

I just bought my first AP today :cool1:. Between the 5k next week (and a few days of park fun) and the 10k in August (and a few days of park fun) I'd only need to go once more all year to break even so it made sense.

I was hoping I could just get the Deluxe since I work weekends but the marathon weekend is blacked out so I ended up getting the Premium, at least I'll save $16 a day on parking :).

runDisney events were a big pro for me when I had my Premium AP before I moved down here. Enjoy!

I see! I haven't been paying attention to the Facebook page for AP holders since mine expired. But it's great that there's some information posted about it. I'll have to have my friend check out the link.

If it works out the same as last year, you should be able to. It's just a link to the registration. I was just going to have her register for me but she was just able to send me the link.

I'm going to be registering early for the Half as an AP holder!! Can't wait, it will be my first half.

And my hubby and 6 year old will do the 5k!!

So excited, already booked FFI so only have to walk across and through DTD.

I see! I haven't been paying attention to the Facebook page for AP holders since mine expired. But it's great that there's some information posted about it. I'll have to have my friend check out the link.

If it works out the same as last year, you should be able to. It's just a link to the registration. I was just going to have her register for me but she was just able to send me the link.

Great. Thanks so much. I'll try to get him in. I will relax more once I have the registration behind me.

I'm not getting any run disney emails. I've checked my spam. The last one was the beg on Nov. I've called And emailed several times with no response. Anyone have any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter