20040410 - Roll Call April 10, 2004 Easter Cruise!!

WOW!!! we will be in line w/ you at the Airport...Spirit...everyone WAITS in line...But we are flying to Orlando!!

see you in line!!!!

mouseclick1 (Kelly),

Are you staying at DVC, Vero Beach? If so I read on the DVC boards that the water currents have been very bad lately so be warned if you plan on going swimming in the big blue ocean.

Doug,

Your right I did forget the other days, I guess I'll have to throw in some old shorts and a couple more tee shirts, and of course my speedo for swimming.

Kennyk

Since we live about 2 1/2 hours from the port, we won't be leaving until after lunch Friday. Looking to check into the Radisson between 3:00 - 4:00PM. Hope to get by "The Perfect Gift" to meet Shirley & Norm. Definitely going by Ron Jons. Dinner at Rusty's. Meet up with Denvick. Not necessarily in that order.

To all the DIS Easter cruisers, Have a Safe Trip to the Sunshine State. We'll see you at the DCL terminal. And we'll leave the sunlight on for you!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Yes, Kenny, we are staying at DVC in Vero. I have read the warnings as well and told my family that they better stay out of the ocean! I'm a little (OK, a lot) paranoid when it comes to swimming in the ocean anyway, so I'll be perfectly content admiring the beauty of the ocean from a safe distance! Thanks for your concern!

Kelly,

Your welcome.

Living on an island that borders on the Atlantic, We get very bad undertoe current all the time. I usually don't go swimming in the ocean though. We have a pool in the back yard. Nice clean clear water about 80 degrees.

Jeff,

Thanks for the sunlight, See you real soon.

kennyk

Hi Everyone,

So busy around here this is the first time I have had a chance to get on the boards. I think Mike is the next one to leave. We leave our house on Thursday around noon to drive over to Dubuque to look at the boat we bought in Jan and we are spending the night there since we fly out of Dubuque at 6:46am Friday. Should be in Orlando around 1pm. Doesn't Melissa leave on Wed or Thursday also? I am too lazy to go back and read the previous posts.

Well, I think we have the BC issue solved. FIL got a copy from CA today (which was a lot faster than I thought), only problem is some of the letters are missing but it has the raised seal. MIL is taking the receipt just in case. We are also scheduled to get the second copy requested delivered to the Hyatt on the 8th. Now we will have 2 copies. I told FIL he owes me a couple of drinks for what he put me through.:crazy:

I know there are more things I would like to say, but I have to eat and go to parent/teacher conferences so I will post later.

For those already gone and those leaving soon, have a safe trip and we will see you on Saturday.

LeiLani

We are leaving tommorrow afternoon if DD ever gets packed. We are flying Spirit out of Atlantic City. Hopefully by 6:00 we should be checking into RonJon's. We can't wait!!!

I agree the Atlantic Ocean can be quite rough. We've had a few scary moments with that undertow.

See you all soon!!

Still eating and haven't left yet.:p

Patti - you guys have a safe trip and enjoys your stay at Ron Jon's.

LeiLani

Hello all,

Well only a couple of days left. Been real busy!!!

We are leaving on Friday morning real early.

Will hopefully be in the warm weather by 10:00 a.m.

Everyone have a safe trip and I will be looking for the Green Mickeys in the terminal.

Ken..I have your cell number and will call you saturday morning.
Thanks again!!!

Jeff....I am pretty good with remembering faces so I will be looking for you and your family at the Radisson on Friday!! Hope to see you there and DcBrown on Saturday!

Two more days of work!!! It is going real slow so hopefully the cruise does the same.

Kelly...looks like my DS and yours have hooked up with the e-mail. I know my son is trying to talk to him on AIM. Hopefully they will soon. If not they will get to see each other on the cruise.

Gotta go and run some errands.

Have a safe trip everybody and looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Dennis

Dennis,

Ok on the call Sat morning. We don't leave until 11am on SW will see at the Radisson around 10:30ish if you need that ride.

From the recent posts, the shuttle situation still seems kind of irregular.

See everyone soon.

LeiLani & Melissa,

Still trying to work in our Mizner meet on Friday evening but with the reports of how crowded the parks have been, Today they closed MK and AK so who knows and for Friday ALL schools will be closed so the parks will be a mad house. I might not even be able to get on the monorail to get over to TTC.

Leilani,

Maybe I'll catch you at the pool when we get into MCO/Hyatt. It should be around 2:30pm.

kennyk

We will be doing the Griswald Family Fun Wagon style drive to Orlando tomorrow night. I was a good girl and packed so that almost everything fits in the car carrier. DH was impressed. So was I considering I am bringing 6 pairs of shoes for just me! Oops , I mean 7. Anyway, this leaves plenty of room for Grandma's stuff inside the van. Let's hope she doesn't pack like last trip. Yikes! Anyhow, I am ready to go. Cannot wait to get there. I hope I will be able to walk after all those hours in the car. It will be worth it though.
LeiLani, I will see you, and Kenny if he can make it ( I know the crowds will be crazy, my sister just got back from WDW) at Mizners on Friday. I will see everyone else at the terminal or onboard. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc We are really going! Can you believe it! First double digit dance, then single digit, now its here! Yippeee!
See you all real soon!:wave: :sunny: :teeth:
Melissa
NeverlandClub

Melissa,

Your mom must be a card!!!, does she do the 70ths night. maybe she'll do Gloria. I bet that would be something else.

I bet she is pretty much around our ages. I bet we will hit it off pretty good. Mary (wife) was wondering if she likes bingo or needle point.

NO ROCKING CHAIRS ON ROOF OF TRUCK, PLEASE.!!!

kennyk

Kenny - sounds great if you can catch us by the Hyatt Pool. That is our plan for the afternoon to rest and relax by the pool. What ever bag I take down with me, I will try to remember to put a lime green Mickey on so you can look for that.

Melissa- sounds great for Mizners. I will have on a black dress (probably the one with white polka dots and flowers), and DD (who should be the easiest to spot) will have on a light blue and yellow dress. We will look for you in the bar when we get to the hotel.

Boy, I am glad we did not plan to spend the day at the parks (sorry Kenny). I thought when we went in March it was really crowded and I said we would not come at spring break again unless we have to. But to close the parks during spring break, that's crazy. That doesn't even happen in the summer unless its the 4th of July.

Gotta go work on the packing before I go to bed. Melissa, Diana, and anyone else leaving tomorrow have a safe trip.

LeiLani

Hi everyone,

What were we supposed to do with those lime green Mickeys again? I got to Home Depot today and got one for each of us, but I don't recall how people were going to display them.

My DH went shopping today. He came home with a "lime green" t-shirt the exact color of those paint chips. I told him he has to wear it to board on Saturday. He didn't even know about the green Mickey thing.

So many last minute errands. I can't wait to be packed and en route so I can stop already! I don't think I've packed this much stuff for one week, ever. But as I've said before, this is my first cruise and it just seems like so much is needed. We'll see how much goes untouched.

See you very soon.:sunny:

Thanks,
Linda:earsgirl: :earsboy: ::MinnieMo princess:

Hi Linda,

As far as the "lime Green" mickey's or what ever. This color has become the symbol of DIS'ers. You can do what ever you want with it. We usually tie Ribbon on our carry ons. Also this year I took the mickeys, punched holes in them and attached wdw name tags that we had. So the mickey is behind the tag with its green ears showing. Will probably put it on my shirt pocket or something like that. I usually wear a baseball hat so maybe I'll put some ribbon on that also.

Good luck on packing. Everyone always says, pack your bag then take half out, because that is usually what you'll wear. During the cruise I usually live in shorts and tee shirts and of course swim suits. I always pack extra on those. I hate putting on a wet swim suit. Some slacks for evening dinner along with some golf shirts.

Of course for formal/semi I just bring my black suit and a sport jacket. shoes, sandals and sneakers and a dress pair for evening.

Thats about it. There is a laundry and iron on the ship. Even though I have never used it I know many have. I beleve it is coin operated but not sure.

Where are you staying when you get to Orlando. Coming from California you must have to come in the day before unless you take the "red eye". A few of us are staying at the Hyatt at the airport.

Welcome and see you soon.

Kennyk

Hi Linda,

Like Kenny said we usually punch a hole in the Mickey paint chips and use ribbon to tie them to something we are carrying. (At least I do, everyone else in my family just thinks I'm weird:p) Last year I bought lime green ribbon (not sure if I can still find it) and I even tied some ribbon in my hair. This year I bought a lime green hair tie (scrunchie).

It's getting so close now and I am like you, I want to get done packing and get out of here. I can tell I am starting to get really excited because I did not sleep well last night. Too many things running through my head.

DH and I said after last year we would not pack so much and just have our clothes cleaned (I'm not doing laundry on vacation) but our suitcases seem to be just as full as last year.:earseek:

It has been wonderful "talking" to all of you over the last couple of months and we cannot wait to meet everyone.

See everyone soon.

LeiLani

I'm going to BUMP this up to the top, as it is getting real close till all of us will be gone to Fun in the Sun. I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow if you are still home and enjoy and have a safe trip on Friday or Saturday morn. See everyone at the port or before if we're able.

Dennis,

Give me a call on Saturday if you need that ride. I also have your cell # so if I don't here from you, I'll call you after I drop off my family at at the port.

Till then, we leave on Friday morn at 11:00 DST.

kennyk:wave:

Hey Everyone,

Late night again. I am sitting here at my computer trying to get last minute things done. Hopefully I will be able to get on the boards before we leave tomorrow, but if not I just want to tell everyone we will see you at the port and have a great trip.

LeiLani

LeiLani,

Have a great trip, see you in the "Sunshine State"

Kennyk:wave:

Hello all,

This will probably be my last posting before we head off to the sunshine state.

Have alot of work today and coaching lacrosse at 4:30 tonight so it will be busy.

Basically done with packing (thanks to my DW)

Just have a few things to take care of and we are off.

Thanks Leilana for coordinating everything. You really have made it easier on all of us!!!

It was great talking to everybody on this thread over the months. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Thanks again Ken..Will give yo a call on Saturday.

Will be looking for everybody at the terminal and sail away party.
I will be the guy who looks like Ian Ziering (Steve) from Beverly Hills 90210. I am told numerous times over the years that I could be his twin brother!.

Enough said..Have a great day and a safe journey!!! :jumping1:

Dennis:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter