20040410 - Roll Call April 10, 2004 Easter Cruise!!

DVC4US

DVC Member Since 1998
I am starting a new thread with a new title on this board since we were not here.

DH, he is such a sweetheart :love2:, says we can have a wine and champange DIS meet in our suite (the Walt Suite) so I need to know who is joining us. Hans Solo I got your RSVP, anyone else out there?

I can't wait till we sail :boat: !!! Where is everyone? Let's keep this thread going.

LeiLani

Thanks for starting this up again! Our party consists of me, DH, DS 12, and DS 14. I cannot wait for this cruise to come around!:boat:

That is so nice of you to arrange a meet; count us in!

Where's everyone staying the night before? We'll be staying at Vero Beach for 1 night(we're DVC members, too!), then head up to the port in the morning.

See you there! Thanks so much for the generous offer LeiLani; we would love to meet up with everyone. We are, myself, DH, DD 11, DD 9, and DS 6. We can't wait!!!

Barbara

It's good to hear from everyone again. I know there must be more people on the boards that are going on our cruise, we just need to find them.

Our party consist of me, DH, DD 14, DD 8, DDs friend 15, and DHs parents. We are in cabin 8030 and DHs parents are in 6048. We have late seating for dinner.

Right now we are planning on staying at the Hyatt for the night but might change that to somewhere at WDW. The girls and I are using points for spring break so we do not really want to spend the points on a Friday night in April (a lot of points). Cash prices for Deluxes at this time are sky high also, so we may just stay at the Hyatt.

When does everyone want to meet? Would Monday be good because it is a sea day? Any suggestions for day and time? Maybe Monday late afternoon before early seating dinner? What does everyone think?

LeiLani

The day at sea sounds like a good idea! Actually, whatever works out best for you should be just fine!

Just curious, does anyone know if that is formal night?

Thanks again for organizing this. I have never been to a meet before and am looking forward to it!:boat:

Formal night seems to change from time to time. Before our cruise in March formal was on Monday and semi-formal was on Thursday. I did not pay attention to the navigator and we were all getting ready for formal night on Monday, when my oldest daughter told me she thought it was semi-formal night. After arguing with her :chat: (because I know more about DCL than she does) I pulled out the navigator and sure enough it was semi-formal night :blush: .

If this is a bad time we can either do it earlier in the afternoon or on a different day. It really does not matter to us. I just would like to have a time picked out before we cruise so that I do not schedule anything during that time.

We have never done a meet like this either. We have only done one at the sail away party, but thought this would be a great idea because of the cabin. We have plenty of room and I know everyone always wants to get a look at the big suites. (I know I have in the past but I have never had the chance to look in one.)

I am so excited I can not wait till April.

LeiLani

I just wouldn't want to interfere with your plans for formal night and the Captain's get-together, if it falls on that night. If you don't think that would be a problem, then great, we'll be there! If you would rather plan for another time, that would be completely understandable! What do you think?

I hope we hear from more people!:earsboy:

hi everyone!! count us in on this cruise also.....myself, dh, dd 12 and dd 10. this will be our first cruise so we can't wait....it can't get here soon enough!!

lisa:wave2:

Hi Lisa :wave2:

It's great to have you on board. How exciting that it's going to be your first DCL cruise. This will be our 4th and we can't wait :boat:. We lucked out and got the Cat 1 Walt suite so we are trying to plan a DIS meet in our cabin. We are still trying to find a time that works for everyone, but just let me know if this sounds good to you.

How is everyone else? Did you have a good weekend?

Where are all the Easter cruisers? Hope we pick up a few more people.

Everyone have a good day.

LeiLani

BTW Lisa,

I just noticed it was your first post. Welcome to the boards. This place has lots of great information.

LeiLani

Lisa-
Welcome to the boards! We, too, live in RI and have daughters almost the same age, 11 & 9. Also a 6 year old son. This will be our first cruise also! We are psyched. Just came back from WDW on Sat. and there were a couple of Magic cruisers on our flight. They said it was heaven.

Looking forward to the cruise and meeting everyone.

Barbara

hey guys, thanks for welcoming me!! i've actually been around these boards for a while getting great info, but never had the nerve to post anything until i saw our cruise date..i'm actually getting really nervous though, we still don't have airfare, we're waiting for southwest's rates to come out. anyone know how soon they'll be updating their reservations, they only go up to april 2?

all4wdw, we're neighbors!! we live in west warwick..imagine that!!i can't believe our daughters are almost the same age too, what a coincidence!!

looking forward to meeting everyone on april 10!!!

lisa:Pinkbounc

Lisa-
We live in Greenville, practically neigbors! We too, are waiting (somewhat impatiently) for SW to release April airfare. I must check the website 4 times a day!

Barbara

I admire your patience with airfare! I got impatient and booked a decent flight that flies in to Fort Lauderdale. It won't be so bad on our arrival day, because we are only driving up to Vero Beach for the night, and we're getting there early enough to get a full day in. I've been really wanting to check out Vero, so it sounded like a good idea at the time. It's probably NOT going to be as much fun on our departure day, though our plane doesn't leave FLL until 7:45 pm which should give us plenty of time to get there. I do wish I had waited to see if I could have gotten a good rate to an airport closer to the port! Oh well...I'm sure I won't think twice about it once we get to the ship!:boat:

hi guys!! i actually found a flight from providence last night for 4/7 cause we're staying a few days before in disney..i booked through expedia cause i'm tired of waiting for southwest and i keep having visions that i would have to pay an outrageous amount or drive, and i don't want to do either!! they were 220.00 a piece..airfare is outrageous, we usually go when the airfare is cheaper, but i decided to go away easter week.....what was i thinking?:confused: now i just have to worry about hotel, car, $$$$, oh my...

lisa

We are sooooo there!!!
DH, DS, and three DD's, plus grandma!
April 13th is our 13th Wedding Anniversary!!!
I am so excited. Just can't wait to be back on the Magic!
princess:

neverlandclub,

It's great to have you with us. Hope you can join us for the DIS meet in our suite. After the new year I will try to start putting something together.

DH and I leave for Hawaii tomorrow. The kids are staying here with Granny & Papa. We have 2 inches of snow on the ground and I can't wait. Everyone take care and have a safe holidays.

LeiLani

Hello Neverlandclub! Glad you're cruising with us! What are the ages of your children?

DVC4US - Have a fantastic time in Hawaii!

:wave2:

Hi,
We'll be on the April 10th cruise also! We have 2 children: ds (9) and dd (7) and dh's parents will be joining us also. This is our 1st cruise and we can't wait!!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Hello everyone from sunny Hawaii:sunny: !!! It is so nice here, especially since it is about 20 degrees back home. We are having a great time.

lp69

Welcome to the group. As I said before, some time after the new year I will start trying to make firm plans for a meet in our suite.

We wish everyone happy holidays and a great new year.

LeiLani

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter