20040410 - Roll Call April 10, 2004 Easter Cruise!!

Leilani was keeping a record and sending it out occasionally.

I have been absent from here for a while, but we're packing today and leaving on Wednesday. Arriving at POFQ on thursday for a few nights before the cruise.

Originally posted by KennyK
Anybody have a count on how many DIS families are going on this cruise that we know of. This is really incredible how many of us are on this cruise including all the new poster's

Melissa,

Being a "Grandpa" x2 ,myself, I can't wait to meet Grandma.

Kennyk

:wave:

Hey Kenny & LeiLani,
I can't wait for you all to meet my mom, too. All these grandkids help keep her young.;) Truly, my mom is my best friend, next to my DH. My girls just love that they will be in the "girls cabin" with her. And she is such a great sport about helping me out with my crew. Don't know what we would do without her. I made sure I had Shirley at The Perfect Gift send her a basket with emergency supplies (wine coolers and chocolate) to help keep her sane. I have told her all about the "nicest group of people I have yet to meet". She looks forward to meeting all of you.

Melissa
NeverlandClub:wave:

hello!

All packed except for DD. Wait til the last minute I guess.

Only a few more days!!!!
Can't wait to meet you all!!!:wave2:

Patti

Good Monday Morning Everyone!!!

Only 5 more days and we will be on our way to board the Magic!!:jumping1:

Anybody have a count on how many DIS families are going on this cruise that we know of. This is really incredible how many of us are on this cruise including all the new poster's

Kenny - right now it looks like about 18 DIS families. I have two new families to add to the list and I will do that today and send out an updated list to everyone. I will also post today or tomorrow all of our DIS meets again just as an update because there are some who will be leaving Tues or Wed.

Okay, as if I didn't have enough to worry about.:crazy: FIL calls yesterday and informs us he can't find his birth certificate, and his passport is about 30 years old. Why they didn't check this months or weeks ago, I don't know.:scratchin So now we are doing the mad scramble to replace the BC. :headache: I don't know if we are going to get it in time or not. I called DCL yesterday and they told me the best thing to do was to call Immigrations, so I have to call them first thing this morning. ARRRRGH!!!!

On a good note I did get DH to pack last night.:bounce: He still wanted to put it off till Thursday and I said no. I told him if he ends up with nothing to do on Thursday morning, he could go play golf. That made him happy and ready to pack.:hyper:

Everyone have a great day and I will post again later and send out emails with the updated list.

LeiLani

There is an online birth certificate site, Vitalcheck? or something like that. I used it for my baby. I believe they have (for a fee of course) a way of speeding up the process. If he is a US citizen, that may be the fastest way to do it.

Melissa

Originally posted by neverlandclub
There is an online birth certificate site, Vitalcheck? or something like that. I used it for my baby. I believe they have (for a fee of course) a way of speeding up the process. If he is a US citizen, that may be the fastest way to do it.

Melissa

I went the immigrations route last year when we forgot our birth certificates, based on DCL's advise. Trust me, do not bother. Try calling the county health department where he was born, some will send it out, some will not. If not, vitalcheck will work, but it is very expensive. We live in NJ, I called vitalcheck, they could not guarantee to have them to us, as they would only ship to the billing address on the credit card and we were already on our way (this varies with the state you live in). They were also going to charge us $300 for 3 of them. I found out that viltalcheck is actually located in the same building in our state capital as the department where they keep all the birth certificates. So they are charging $100 for a document that you can pick up yourself for $4. A quick stop on route, $12 and 1 hour later, we had official state raised seal birth certificates.

If you need some help, let me know, I've been there

Hi everyone,

We are new to this list. LeiLani found me on another board and invited me over here. It's taken a couple of days, but after staying up past midnight last night and getting up very early this morning, I have finally caught up on the entire thread.

This is our first Disney cruise or any cruise for that matter. John and I are traveling with our two daughters, Molly 13 and Chloe 4 1/2.

I look forward to meeting and getting to know all of you. I know the girls would like to have some "friends" to pal around with.
I plan on packing today to see what "holes" need to be filled. I too will double check the 13 year old's stuff before it goes in the suitcase. You never quite know what they are thinking.

We arrive into Orlando late on Friday night from Sacramento Airport, so we are staying close by and taking the DCL shuttle in the a.m. I hope to get us all up and about in time to catch an early one. I hate to be a drill seargent on vacation but I really want to try to get a couple of reservations on board. I'm afraid if we dilly dally, we'll get there too late and not have any luck.

See you very soon,
Linda :earsgirl: :earsboy: ::MinnieMo princess:

HI Linda.

Welcome to our "little" group. I, too, have a 4 yr old DD. I know she would love to have a playmate on board. Can't wait for them to meet.
You will love the cruise. It is just amazing! Your girls will be in heaven.

Melissa
NeverlandClub:wave2:

Ok....
I told my 14 yr old son to pack his suitcase for the cruise.....I told my wife he needs to learn to do it himself.....MISTAKE!!!

He packed:
tennis shoes ( his old ones)
3 boxer shorts
4 T-shirts ( not even his nicest)
1 pair of Kahke pants
2 golf shirts ( the ones that's on the top of the drawers)
2 pairs of socks, both white ( no socks to go w/ his pants)
He sure didn't forget..his Cd player and headphones....

REALLY!! that was it......14 year old boy...he said" What else do I need?"
Ok....My wife was right, she is now packing for him.......

See ya soon
Doug

Mike & Melissa - thanks for the info, but I guess I should have added that we already have that in the works. FIL has a request out to Santa Barbara County & DH has a request out to another agency. Hopefully between the two we will get the BC before Friday. We I spoke to Immigrations this morning the lady was reading what was coming up on her screen and it said you could use a government issued ID or a Driver's License. The guy at DCL said no we cannot accept those, but he did finally tell me that there is an immigrations officer at the port and it is up to him/her to let the individual sign an affidavit stating he is a US citizen. So, the soap opera continues. But thanks for all your help.

Kelly - looked at all the weather sites. I don't know if I like knowing we might have bad weather or if I like going in blind. Will have to keep a watch on them over the next couple of days. If it's anything like Iowa, tomorrow's report will show something totally different.

Doug - sounds like you have the total opposite problem from all of us with teenage girls. Not only that but all boys need (or think they need) is a comb, toothbrush & toothpaste, and deo, while teenage girls have to take the whole bathroom.::yes::

LeiLani

Okay everyone, I have sent out an email with the updated cruise list. I included in the email our possible DIS meets but thought I would post them here also.

Friday - if anyone is staying at the Hyatt we are willing to try and meet on Friday afternoon, evening, or Saturday morning. We are also trying to have a mini-meet at Mizners in the GF around 5:30 if anyone is in that area.

Saturday - terminal - look for us around the sofas up by the Mickey Ears. I will have on a lime green shirt and there will be DH, 2 teenage girls, 8yo girl, and DH's parents. Sail away - Deck 10 terminal side.

Monday - Walts suite #8030 at 1pm. We will have wine, champagne, sodas, and snacks.

We have late seating for dinner and we should have the APLA rotation. So if anyone else gets that rotation you can look for us there.

I think this is it unless anyone else wants to add something. For those of you leaving soon have a safe trip and we will see you Saturday.

LeiLani

Hey Doug,

Your son's packing doesn't sound that much different than what I usually pack,

So he has the right idea. The only thing he forgot was a swim suit. That always goes in first when I go south. Just find me by the pool with my headphones on and some times a book.

I love to be in that horizontal position. You know that DCL TV commerical, WELL that's me. Looks just like me also. Ha, Ha.

LeiLani,

Thanks for the update. Good luck with FIL's documents, I had to get a passport overnight once, and had to go to a special passport office and sit there all day while they made it up. But I did need my BC and a photo.

So, I'm sure it will work out.

See everyone really soon.

kennyk

Hey, I'm bumping this up to the top, I know some of us have left already for some fun in the sun but us die hards are still here holding down the fort. We don't leave until Friday morning. Only three more days of work.

Boss is already stressing.

Almost finished packing last night. Just some incidentals left.

See everyone real soon. Anyone going to the parks this week, Hotels are at Max, MK was closed yesterday due to full occupancy.

Anyway, it's great to see the crowds coming back. As a stockholder I thank you all.

Kennyk

Well, this is it, my last post as a 1st time cruiser. Next time I post I will know first hand what all the "Magic" is about! I can hardly wait. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Just waiting for DH to come home, insisted he had to go in and
"wrap up a few things", I think that is DH speak for "Get out of DW's way while last minute packing is going on"!! LOL

We're picking up the boys in a little while and it is off!

I am so looking forward to meeting all of you who have been so incredibly helpful and generous with your feedback and comments! I wish everyone a safe and peaceful trip!!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :crazy: :jester:

See you Saturday,
Diana

Well, the Goodeguys are on their way, how cool! So, who's next? We head out Friday at 7:00 am. Am I packed yet? NO, not even close! But, at least I've started! Tomorrow is our last day of school, so at least I do have all day Thursday to get ready.

See you all soon!:wave2:

Not so good......

We leave metro airport at 7:00am, and we have about an hour drive to the airport that morning....

So we have to leave for the airport about 4:00AM.......

Oh well, the good news is we will be in Orlando approx 9:30am...that gives us a whole day at Disney.

I'm just glad that I don't have to drive from Michigan to Orlando!!

We leave Friday also at 11:00 am, 2 1/2hr flight down on Southwest and we'll be in Orlando. Thankyou for the warmth.

I've just about finished all my packing. What a good boy I am.

You know, just a couple of tee-shirts, some dirty old socks, some holy pants. Oh yea my old sneakers with the holes in the soles. I think that should do it. Do you think I need anything else?

Everyone have a great day.

My boss came in today and stated talking about work for Friday and next week. I told him have a nice time as I'm out-of-here on Friday, YOU REMEMBER, V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N. He made a face, grumbled and walked away. Oh well that's life in the big city.

See you on Friday.

kennyk

Hey dtheboys, what airline are you flying? We are also flying out of metro airport at the same time. We're flying Spirit, but into Fort Lauderdale. Luckily, our drive is only about a half-hour, so we don't have to leave until 4:30!

KennyK...Said the following:

"You know, just a couple of tee-shirts, some dirty old socks, some holy pants. Oh yea my old sneakers with the holes in the soles. I think that should do it. Do you think I need anything else?"

Ok, that's for FORMAL night...what are you going to wear the other nights!!! Ha Ha....

Doug

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter