16 Days of MB and FP+

I hate to point this out, but you're disregarding Robo's arguments (in much the same way you say people who dislike FP+ disregard the ways people like FP+). You can disagree with someone on what they post. But it seems crazy to say you can't have a rational discussion with quite possibly the longest-tenured and most rational poster on this board. We know you like FP+. What people are saying in this thread is they don't like the system Disney has predicated FP+ upon -- namely the technology that has been implemented solely to squeeze more money out of its guests.

He didn't make an argument. He made a flippant statement that blows off the posters who have explained why they like the idea of FP+ vs the old FP- system. Several of those reasons have nothing to do with being unwilling to get up early or not wanting to go around the park gathering FPs.

On this subject, I don't think I can have a rational discussion with him, regardless of how long his tenure is.

I'm looking forward to less DISers in front of me in the lines, but more in front of me at Universal. Shame the latter doesn't have FPs at all..

Well I'm interested in your opinion because I have an upcoming May trip that I'm getting a little bummed about because of the negative post. I haven't been to WDW in 8 years. I've had 4 previous trips, the 2nd for my DH and DD. First trip for my DS's 2 and 5. We will be there 5/12 - 5/18 so I am excited and the Flower and Garden Festival :). So what are the positive experiences you've had or heard about?

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to discuss the subject. See my earlier comment on this thread about the things that might affect how FP+ might affect you.

I will say very simply that I have been in regular contact with one of my daughters who has been at WDW since Wednesday. She is having a great time and doesn't get what all the fuss is about.

I've offered those reasons several times and repeating them again would serve no purpose other than to generate the same responses.

Wisblue, I truly, truly give you major points for carrying the banner. You step up with well thought out responses with little backup besides: "Our trip the week after Labor Day was awesome - got every FP+ reservation we wanted..."

That's an exaggeration, I know.

But, you're absolutely right, it isn't close to final. Yet, Laketravis just spent thousands of dollars to QA a production rollout for Disney. And, 100's of thousands will continue to do that for the next several weeks.

There are thousands logging on DIS each day that don't know if/when their Resort's going all MB or what the heck's going to happen to off-site.

At some point don't you have to wonder: "When is Disney truly going to let us know what's going on"?

What he observed during his trip is not something you should see right before the busiest time of the year with less than 20% of on-site up and running.

Beyond FP+ - what he and many others are observing - especially with the CM's and their stress level - is a BIG issue for a project a year behind sched and %100+ over budget.

It is what it is, if you know what I mean...

I think it is worth noting that many fans of FP+ appear to be those who didn't use legacy FP much, if at all, in the first place. From that perspective, it makes some sense that it would be an apparent "plus". Since this board tends to have a good number of veterans skilled at maximizing their attraction experiences, well--you connect the dots. ;)

I think it is worth noting that many fans of FP+ appear to be those who didn't use legacy FP much, if at all, in the first place. From that perspective, it makes some sense that it would be an apparent "plus". Since this board tends to have a good number of veterans skilled at maximizing their attraction experiences, well--you connect the dots. ;)
This maybe the case. We've been 16 times in 8 years and we like to go to the parks early, break at the pool in the middle of the day and parks again late. FP+ in its current state will require us to alter how we attend the parks. In addition, I can't get FPs for Soarin' and Test Track in the same day? Those two are notorious for having the longest lines in WDW. I've never had to use a FP at any other ride in Epcot an never waited longer than 10-15 minutes. FPs for Living in the Land and Spaceship Earth is absolutely absurd.

Exactly - :thumbsup2

If you have paid any attention to my posts, you would know that I am a WDW veteran and I know how to maximize my VACATION experience, which is not based on how many times I can ride the same attractions over and over.

Frankly, it's pretty insulting for you to say that FP+ is only an "apparent" plus for me and others just because we don't tour the same way you do. I think it could be a REAL plus for a lot of people,depending on what they want to do with their trips. And I understand why a lot of other people don't like the change.

If you have paid any attention to my posts, you would know that I am a WDW veteran and I know how to maximize my VACATION experience, which is not based on how many times I can ride the same attractions over and over.

Frankly, it's pretty insulting for you to say that FP+ is only an "apparent" plus for me and others just because we don't tour the same way you do. I think it could be a REAL plus for a lot of people,depending on what they want to do with their trips. And I understand why a lot of other people don't like the change.

You most certainly have the market cornered on reason. :rolleyes:

And how can you say that the whole MM+ has missed the mark and is a big disappointment when it isn't even close to final yet?

I've ready plenty of your posts and I sure can't figure out how you support FP+ as much as you do right now when the worst part of it has only been rolled out for a couple of weeks: tiered fast past at 2 parks that started with Dec. stays and no legacy FP at all for a half dozen resorts now.

A lot of people are reacting to what they seen coming, the here and now which what is clearly happening...and probably like me find it very difficult to see something great coming out of this in the future and can clearly see how this method could negatively affect their upcoming vacations.

When and if it gets better - I'll change my mind but not before then because something great is not happening. Right now, giving me only one headliner FP per day and not giving me any other option to gain more is not an improvement no matter how you cut it.

WisBlue, would you at least agree that FP+ has really shown us how lacking Epcot and HS are in headlining rides?

WisBlue, would you at least agree that FP+ has really shown us how lacking Epcot and HS are in headlining rides?

I didn't need FP+ to show me what DHS and Epcot have to offer. But, it never bothered us because we are satisfied doing each of the major attractions once per trip. If we do them more than once, it's a bonus.

I can see how FP+ could reduce the enjoyment of a visit to those parks for someone who must ride something multiple times to enjoy their day.

Would you agree that a group that likes to get to a park at opening, do as many things as possible (once each) before the park gets too crowded, take a break in the middle of the day, and then go to a park in the late afternoon or evening might find FP+ to be appealing because it will allow them to do things in the evening with FP+ that wouldn't be available without long lines otherwise? For people who tour that way, FP - has limited utility because it never takes long for the return times for the major attractions to get into the part of the day when they don't plan to be in the park.

I didn't need FP+ to show me what DHS and Epcot have to offer. But, it never bothered us because we are satisfied doing each of the major attractions once per trip. If we do them more than once, it's a bonus.

I can see how FP+ could reduce the enjoyment of a visit to those parks for someone who must ride something multiple times to enjoy their day.

Would you agree that a group that likes to get to a park at opening, do as many things as possible (once each) before the park gets too crowded, take a break in the middle of the day, and then go to a park in the late afternoon or evening might find FP+ to be appealing because it will allow them to do things in the evening with FP+ that wouldn't be available without long lines otherwise? For people who tour that way, FP - has limited utility because it never takes long for the return times for the major attractions to get into the part of the day when they don't plan to be in the park.
OK, since we agree that there is a lack of major attractions at Epcot and HS, would you say the billion plus dollars spent on this project has been worth it in what you are getting out of it? They could have spent 600 million at both parks and gotten some pretty good ride capacity that would increase guest satisfactions as well as relieve some pressure on the current headliners.

In regards to your question, that's exactly how we like to tour and I didn't care for FP+ because it felt incredibly restrictive. I often found our plans changing and that renders FP+ ineffective.

bcrook said:
Laketravis just wrote the longest post ever explaining this. I have an entire blog site dedicated to archiving press releases and FP+ analyses.

And for the record I have said magicbands, pp+ and interactive possibilities are positives. It has been FP+ that has been misguided from the outset.

To me the most telling thing was when Disney released the big reveal in January and then immediately clammed up and went into damage control. The fact that they are going into the holiday season with over half of their customers shut out of the process is an indicator of failure. There is no way this could have been there grand plan.

Fantastic post!

OK, since we agree that there is a lack of major attractions at Epcot and HS, would you say the billion plus dollars spent on this project has been worth it in what you are getting out of it? They could have spent 600 million at both parks and gotten some pretty good ride capacity that would increase guest satisfactions as well as relieve some pressure on the current headliners.

In regards to your question, that's exactly how we like to tour and I didn't care for FP+ because it felt incredibly restrictive. I often found our plans changing and that renders FP+ ineffective.

As, I and others have said, it's not as if the $1 billion has been spent just to put FP+ in place. I have no idea how much Disney is spending to make needed upgrades to the many systems that it operates. And honestly, I don't enjoy digging into that.

Sure, I'd like to see more attractions in the parks, but I'm not sure it's an either/or proposition (and I've seen some of the blog posts discussing this) But, in the overall scheme of why we enjoy WDW it isn't going to make or break us. And neither is FP+ or FP-.

Because of how we used FP in the past, FP+ is largely a no lose situation for us. If our plans change, and we can't change our FP+ to anything we are interested in using, we are no worse off than we were before.

Finally, as you can see, I am totally outnumbered here, and I'm not going to spend my time trying to respond to everyone. You all win. I will just take my blissful ignorance and enjoy my trips.

Actually what you are describing is the FP- system without the enforcement of return times. But with that system, you could pull whatever FP you wanted. I did find that system very appealing.

ETA: This is a good thread, I wouldn't want it to go bonkers over arguing the merits of return times.

Actually what you are describing is the FP- system without the enforcement of return times. But with that system, you could pull whatever FP you wanted. I did find that system very appealing.

Not really the same because that would require you to return to the same park, which we usually don't do.

The bickering about people who like/don't like FP+/MBs is worse than the constant new threads about FP+/MBs.

No wonder people don't engage on this board. It's just full of "experienced" people shouting from their own soapboxes about something that they haven't actually experienced in person yet, but "already know" are full of fail.

To the OP - thank you for your insight. It's clear that you have a disdain for IT/technical professionals, app and web developers and other creators of automation, which is unfortunate. Technology can only do so much, regardless of what you think it should be able to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter