10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

Ok, I didn’t mention the full sized packable duffle that I also threw in lol. But since you went there, I’ll admit it also. What I want to bring home is limitless, what my DH will let me purchase is another story haha! But the fact that he agreed to tons of suitcase space is a good sign, right?! He also said that if I get anything that is large sized I should just ship it home (I’m thinking of the 50th castle set if they have it, it would get shipped). I have 4 boys, but the younger ones are 4, they still need a castle set, right? Never mind that we have a non 50th castle set to go with our monorail
Already!

The pajamas looked amazing, I NEED a zip hoodie,you have to have the sweat pants if you get the hoodie!, I want at least 2 of the ears, I would love a Starbucks tumbler (but doubt that will happen and am not paying $150 on eBay for it), those reusable bags, amd they are releasing the nostalgic line also! Oh, I’m in so much trouble :sad2:.
Love that he suggested shipping stuff home! When I said that last night to DH, he grumbled and said just pack less...but that's not happening. I have checked this board incessantly today, my workday is not productive at all. We leave at 6:30 a.m. for airport tomorrow morning. So looking forward to GF, just DH and I. Also feel the guilt but our 2 kids are at college and it's already mid-term exams so they couldn't come anyway. But hey, I have to shop for them as well as myself.....Can't wait to see everyone soon.

It’s so funny because as a childless millennial I get judged for my Disney love, when really there are so many parents who come to Disney and leave the kids at home. 😂
Haha, so true! But the only people who think Disney is only for kids are people who don’t really like Disney!
It was much easier to leave the kids when they were too young to know where we were going, amd they loved staying with grandparents. We have 4 kids, aged 4-11, and this will only be the second time we’ve gone without any kids. We also took just the older two a couple of times.
Honestly, I prefer it with the kids (well, it’s a lot easier with just the older 2 lol), but between Covid and crowds meaning we won’t ride much it wasn’t worth it this time.

It’s so funny because as a childless millennial I get judged for my Disney love, when really there are so many parents who come to Disney and leave the kids at home. 😂
I'm a childless Gen-X'er (although I have step kids & step grand-kids now :rolleyes: :sad2:) ready to be there solo, bright and early on 10/1! I already have a couple of bags of 50th merch in my room. Good thing DW told me to bring an empty suitcase. The only thing that frightens me is my folio, but I'll probably just not look at that and pretend it doesn't exist.

We go mostly with the kiddos, but recently we did do a weekend without the kids, and it was nice. When the kids were little, we always brought them along, it's so much fun with tiny ones at Disney not to mention they are free till they're 3! This will be our first trip with no stroller, they are 8 and 6 now, and we always go bell to bell in the parks each day. Time to see if all these years of Disney boot camp will pay off. Wish us luck!

I've had reservations for 10/1 for a while, but my trip for the 50th has been on again off again several times. Thought I'd need to definitely cancel about a week or so ago because it just didn't work with the kids and travel restrictions and such (they went in June but we didn't have to worry about school/activities then).

Anyway, family staying home and now I'm meeting my sister there and I'm so excited! I'm thankful for this thread as I'm sitting in the airport trying to catch up on all the details because I haven't had time just figuring out all the other parts! :flower1:

Reading back a few pages and now in a panic because I didn't even bring a full size suitcase and with no kids I'll actually be able to go into stores this trip - what was I thinking!?

Seeing posts about kids staying home - I can relate! Feels strange but they are both in high school and didn't want to miss activities, plus they knew it would be less about rides - they gave me their blessing, lol. My sister is a seasoned Disney vet that has done many a New Year's Day, although we've never been together, so I think we'll have fun! The first thing we said to each other was, "We need to find the 50 statues!" :D

Reading back a few pages and now in a panic because I didn't even bring a full size suitcase and with no kids I'll actually be able to go into stores this trip - what was I thinking!?
Just buy something from Amazon and have it delivered. Or just get a big bag, check your carryon and use the bag as a carryon.

I've had reservations for 10/1 for a while, but my trip for the 50th has been on again off again several times. Thought I'd need to definitely cancel about a week or so ago because it just didn't work with the kids and travel restrictions and such (they went in June but we didn't have to worry about school/activities then).

Anyway, family staying home and now I'm meeting my sister there and I'm so excited! I'm thankful for this thread as I'm sitting in the airport trying to catch up on all the details because I haven't had time just figuring out all the other parts! :flower1:
Same story! My kids are younger but I’m now meeting my sister, cousin and 2 girlfriends!

Last edited:
EEP!! TWO DAYS AWAY!!

I'm heading up later today. How will I concentrate at work today? I’m already failing.

I was looking at another site at all the 50th Vault collection goodies. My daughter, friend, and I will be wearing the vintage originals of some of those items!! I’m so excited they’ve brought stuff back. And speaking of back, even the back scratchers!!

And speaking of back scratching, I could use one of those rather than relying on my newly painted EARidescent nails. 😂

We’re nearly there, everyone! Hoping we hear some sort of announcement about Friday’s activities.

Seeing posts about kids staying home - I can relate! Feels strange but they are both in high school and didn't want to miss activities, plus they knew it would be less about rides - they gave me their blessing, lol. My sister is a seasoned Disney vet that has done many a New Year's Day, although we've never been together, so I think we'll have fun! The first thing we said to each other was, "We need to find the 50 statues!" :D
I plan on having stuff shipped home. I have some extra room in my carry-on, but I have no idea how much I'm gonna buy.

ETA: I'm at the airport, getting ready to board my plane down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter