1/16/05 Wonder, anyone going

Great question about the mugs...Maybe i'll pick up a couple at the hotel the night before.

I'll be looking for your Traci....bows in your hair, right??

About the weather, I am trying not to get too focused on it. I have 4 online weather pages I check and they range (on Sunday) from partly cloudy (0% chance of showers) to mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of showers. The forcast for Nassau seems to fluctuate wildly...from 80 degrees down to 71 degrees. I guess I will just pack everything!

Anne

I know what you mean about the weather. My kids were thinking it would be 85-90 in the Bahamas. They were disappointed this morning when I told them it was forcasted to be 71. My DD13 said, "I'm not swimming".:sad1:

ellyzma said:
I am hoping to be on the first shuttle from the Radisson to the Terminal..
Beth

We hope to be on that one too! We are staying at the Raddison Sat. night.
I can't believe some of you guys are PACKED!!! We have clothes all over the place...LOL

See you guys soon.

Just checked they Yahoo site. Says partly cloudy, 79 degrees....but the day before was showing showers, sooooo..........who knows whether it will shower of our Dolphin Day or not!

My husband and I are going to wear our Disney Cruise Line shirt of the Magic.So if you see a cruise line shirt with just the Magic ship on it come say Hi!We will be with 3 boys. I hope everyone travels safe to the port!We will be leaving tomarrow around 3:00 PM. So I should be at the Raddison in the late afternoon.Hope to see you all at the port! :wave:
PS. I forgot the mug? We are bringing our travel mugs. The mugs come in handy with the kids.We would be running for drinks too often without them!Also family radios for the ship.Hope this helps with your ?.

We have not packed one thing, but I did start organizing piles of what I want to take. I also went to the dollar store and found a five load package of tide just in case I want to wash..........YEA RIGHT :earboy2: I will also try and find a green ribbon, string or something. I am concerned about the weather and don't know what to pack. I also get cold quick. See ya soon.

We are surprising DS's with limo ride to the airport, but I am thinking about leaviing my poor underpriviledged DS 9 at home since he told me he wants to go somewhere NEW............forget the fact that this is our 4th vacation in one year!!!!!!!!!!!

Found an AK water bottle strap, two of those drybox things you hang around your neck that seal shut with KTTW, cash, ID, etc. inside, a lanyard with clip for DS to use with KTTW, some disposable cameras we had laying around, and the "stuffed" DCL ship w/ characters that was a promotion from some company over a year ago. that is the start of the pile to pack. And matching tropical shirts for myself and DS, and DS has a disney tropical shirt, and some soft side collapsable cooler packs, goggle for swimming, what was left of the sunscreen at the end of the summer. Laundry going on as we speak. We plan to wear our Castaway Cay t-shirts on board for embarkation on Sunday.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :jumping3:

Because the DGSs don't know they're going, my daughters have been "stealing" clothes from their drawers and closets to pack their suitcases. I've spent the week at nightly meetings at work and have one small bag packed. Spent my lunch hour at the dollar store getting last minute items.

Since Sunday is my :bday: , I'll be the one wearing the tee shirt that says "It took me 60 years to look this good". (I'm still looking for green ribbon - maybe I'll have better luck when we fly down to Orlando !)

Hope everyone has a safe trip ! See you soon ! :wave:

:jumping2:

Didn't find any green ribbon, but found a store with leftover Christmas-type garland. There are green stars on what appears to be green wire. I figure that I can put that on the handles of our luggage. I also found a lime green luggage strap.

Am now waiting for midnight so I can print our boarding passes on Southwest. Maybe then I can finish packing (since I'm still at work !)

:thewave: Chow for now !

I didn't realize that you could print boarding passes from Southwest! Thanks for the tip.

It's 7:22am and mine are currently printing out and I'm in group A. Yippee! :cheer2:

I'm here on board at the Internet Cafe (2:48pm). Haven't met anyone yet but then again...there's alot of people here!! Awful weather, isn't it!! We're at table 55 in Triton's tonight & tomorrow & then ... oops, I left theinfo in the room so I'm not sure after that!!

I hope everyone made it on board okay & are having fun!!

Sonney

So what did everyone think? Did you have a good time?? We didn't get to meet anyone except luvsTink (nice meeting you & yours!) but a few quick comments:

1) Of course we all had a great time & the staff were excellent has always (our oldest daughter & friend was on her 1st, other kids on 2nd, rst on our 3rd). We saw some movies; did most of the shows, drank a bit, pin-traded, etc.

2) Seemed more crowded that my previous cruises. Many more kids....

3) 1st night was really bad, motion wise. I was in bad shape!! But medicine kicked in & helped. Last night was also bad but by then I tolerated it better.

4) Castaway Cay was great as always. Nassua was okay. Day at sea was the best weather...appreciate Captain John finding a calm, relatively clear, warm area!!

More another time!!

Sonney

The weather except for the day at sea sucked to us. Overall we had a good time. I will not do another cruise in January. We had a couple of problems in our stateroom, mainly it was freezing!!!!!!!!! Maintenance came and discovered the heat was totally off. In addition a cabinet was broken, and the bathroom had a bad odor. We also received our Castaway Club gift, and the towel was DIRTY! They provided us with another one. My DS 9 had the best time, he spent it either in the pool or Oceaneer's. The rocky waters did not make any of us sick, but I did notice during those times the ship was deserted. It was scary!!!!!!!!!!!1

The weather was bad, family was seasick (don't think the captain was using the stabilizers at all that first night), daughter wouldn't go to the club (they booked too many kids in the 5-7 age group and the counselors were not able to give any one-on-one transition attention), stateroom was also freezing and I didn't get my Disney Visa stateroom credit and I'm not too happy with how guest services (didn't) handle it... Also, I just quit 'rocking' from the motion today. I thought the food in the dining rooms relied too heavily on instant mashed potatoes. But we did try to make the best of it. I'm not blaming DCL for all of our problems, but we will not be cruising again, DCL or otherwise.

Logan2000 and I are both doing a cruise report on that board. We had a really wonderful time except for some really terrible things!

We enjoyed the shows and loved the food. Our stateroom was incredible (just redone, they said) and I especially loved the huge port hole window! Too cool. Especially watching the majesty of the ocean on Sun. night.

Our room, too, was cool, but we grabbed bankets in the cabinet and were fine. DD (9) got quesy and had to leave the dining room Sun. night. Dramamine and sleep had her all better in the morning.

I decided that I should have, perhaps cruised with her at an earlier age....she may have been a bit too old to really care about a picture with Snow White. LOL

The Dolphin Swim was incredible; they provided wet-suits and the Lagoon was sheltered from that biting wind.

The Oceaneer's Lab lost my daughter and informed me that she had not been there for hours----well, that was just the worst time of my life....please see the trip report for details. I just can't live that over again...not even to type it here.

Overall, we were very sad about the weather (no more January cruises for me either) and more than a bit disappointed with the Club on Mon., but DD (9) went back and seemed to enjoy it on some of the other days.....though I think she was kind of expecting to make some good friends and hang together with them and that didn't happen. So, she was sort of disappointed too.

We did have a great time, though, in spite of all that was stacking the deck for us not to. We loved cruising, the shows, the friendliness of the staff, the wonderful food, the food available on Deck 9 that catered to the kids, and the FREE SODA! Yea!

We came home thinking that we had learned a lot and would like to get Kayla's Aunt and her cousin's to do a Disney cruise now, while her little one (1st grade) is still at the age to really be enchanted by all the characters.

Hi all! We just got back because we spent a few days at WDW. I'll do a full report on the report board as well.

I was most disappointed not to meet very many of you! I did meet one..as Sonney mentioned. We arrived at the terminal pretty late (2 ish).

I thought Castaway Cay was the best part. I didn't get seasick (my 17 year old did) but, the movement combined with my lack of sleep has made it so I STILL feel a bit dizzy.

Anne

I too was disappointed to not have met you all. I did meet one family (Sanddune) but that was because my husband and I were lost wandering around on the 2nd floor (I think). She was going into their room with her family and saw us walk one way past her room and then back again. She asked me if I was a DISer because I was wearing lime green ribbon in my hair and she had read in this thread that I would be wearing it there.

Anyway, I looked and looked for other DISer's and asked several people with lime green bags, shirts, etc. Since they all looked at me like I was a stalker I stopped asking and my husband said that it's probably a joke...."hey lets make tinkertraci look like an idiot and watch ask everyone wearing lime green!)

My family wished that it was warmer too but we had a wonderful time. I kept a journal and will post a trip report tomorrow. I'm back working today taking care of my two sick neices!

I'll post again soon.

I also didn't meet up with any fellow dissers. Lime green was a popular color and everyone was wearing it. I never found the courage to look like an idiot and ask. We should have set up a meeting time and place. Oh well, next time.

I enjoyed the cruise, but it would have been better if I hadn't brought my husband. He Loathed it!! I thought he was going to jump ship. There are many complaints on his end, but the one I do agree with is "Why can't we watch tv?" I cannot believe we were given 24/7 coverage of 14 Disney channels, ESPN and CNN. And nothing else. I know there is So-o-o-o much to do, but our goal was to lay around.

Enough of that, next time I am going with the girls and having a simply lovely time! Not in January. Too cold for my blood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter