1/16/05 Wonder, anyone going

DS will be 8, two months shy of 9, time in Oceaneer Lab will be in the 8-9 group. It will be his third DCL cruise (underprivileged child, I know)

How well did he like Oceaneer? DS was 8 on the last cruise, but he did not want to spend alot of time there. It didn't help that his brother was 12 and could sign himself out. :hyper:

After reading your post, I don't feel bad about taking them again in less than a year. :teeth:

Hi!

We are on the Jan. 16 Wonder too. DD is 9 1/2. This is her first cruise and our first Disney cruise.

We, too, are curious about the Lab, but then we're curious about the weather in Jan. whether we can swim comfortably, if the swim with Dolphins is a good idea in January, and just about everything! LOL

Good to know there will be other kids around her age on board.

From what I read if you are a Northerner (like us) you will appreciate the weather, but if you are from a Southern state it is NOT so warm to you. Your DD should enjoy the cruise and meet new friends beginning the first night.:p

Thanks for the weather info, Soleglo. I'm praying for a warm spell since we would really like to do the Dolphin thing.

It looks like there are going to be lots of boys DD's age.....hoping to find some girls too, but then she's cool with the guys.

How DO you guys get those count down clocks?

Thanks 4 asking that ?, I want to add one of those also. I hope we have good weather, although anything will be better than Chicago in January brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :teeth:

Kiadon,I'll be onboard with my 9 1/2 yo DD,so there's at least one! I also have an 8 yo DS(there seems to be a large #of them.That can't be good;) )How about teens.Anyone got 'em?

Is anyone packing yet? I feel like I have to start soon. The Holidays will be here soon! I don't think I have much time to pack around the Holidays. We are going on a 11 Day cruise for Christmas. So it will be drop a bag and take another!Hope everyones Holidays are Merry!:wave:

We are coming too!
Me, Dh, DD- 17, DD- 7, DD-5

It is the first cruise for all of us. I am getting soooooo excited! :Pinkbounc

Anne

We are supposed to be on this cruise also (me, DH,and DD 4 1/2). However, my husband is having surgery on Dec. 6th to remove a benign tumor at the base of his brain called an Acoustic Neuroma. His vestibular nerve (balance control) has to be sacrificed on that side, so depending on how quickly he is able to begin compensating with the other side depends on if we are going or not :confused3
He says we will go even if he has to ride in a wheelchair. :rolleyes: We'll see what happens, but just in case we have to cancel, DD won't know about it until we are in the car on the way.

afr17...
your family will be in our prayers (if that is ok)

Let us know how it goes.

Anne

Hey guys - was booked for 5/15 but just can't wait! Had to cancel a 12/2003 right before 60-day mark (when there was such a thing!) that was booked since 2002 so I figure 3 years is long enough to wait! Tis probably a good thing as DD is almost 5 (in Feb - going to see if we can get her in the 5-7 group) and is much more 'removable' than she was a year ago... Also have DS 8, I'm going to try to keep him in 5-7's also, he was held back a year in school so his maturity level and current friends are in the 7's anyway - and it will help with DD's stick-to-me-itis if she has bro with her... We'll see - if they stay with us the whole time- that's ok too - was just hoping for a couple of dinners with the hubby, we don't get that much at home and I don't know how they would handle the long dinners..
We're going on a land-and-sea staying at POFQ... :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter