1/16/05 Wonder, anyone going

Thanks for the reminder about the mail and the paper! I haven't been on a vacation in so long I didn't even think about that.

And, yes, I'm going to have a stroke. We're leaving Thursday for a 7 am flight and when I planned all this I actually thought I would work Wednesday. Well, I hope the boss is ok with me adding another day as I haven't even started packing, I guess he'll have to be - I'm already in 'vacation' mode anyway! ACCKKKK!

Good luck to all arriving this week! :teleport:

Susan

We'll be drving from Maryland on Thursday night...six of us in a van (w/a dvd player). It's about a 13 hour trip and I do all the driving. We've done it many times before and it's no big deal. I listen to books on tape or music while everyone else sleeps or watches movies.

We've been on the same crusie (that is, the same week) two years ago and it was great. Everyone is excited. Oh, we did get all our Docs on Friday and we should be good to go. We were lucky enough to reserve 2 secret portal rooms (it helps to reserve over a year ago!) so we'll have some sunlight!!

Gotta run...so much to do so little time before we leave. Looking forward to "seeing" everyone even if I don't know who anyone is!! Check out our picture earlier!

Sonney

CPM has posted "live" from the Wonder and she says the CM's told her pirate night would start on the next 4 day Wonder! You know what that means if it is true!!!!!!

Anne

Oh yippee! How wonderful! I sure hope that it is true. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I'd love to be "1st" at something. Then we'll all have to write a trip report about it.

I'm glad I could help! Last trip to WDW I forgot the newspaper stop!
Pirate night I think they dress up at dinner.Maybe a pirate theme deck party? I know the 7 day cruisers have alot of posts about it.

From another dis-er:

On the seven-day cruise, on the Magic, they have a Pirates night.

"Jack Sparrow" repels down on the ship's smokestacks....and--this is just a brief synopsis--the "pirates" capture the men in the audience. (This is part of a Pirates' deck party.) Eventually, in the end Captain Mickey rushes in to rescue the "captives" and set them free! On the Magic, I believe they have fireworks in addition to the party.

(Anyone out there who has been to the party, please add to my very limited details above!!!)

Disney Cruise Lines has said they are adding this Pirates' night to the 3- and 4-day Wonder in "early 2005." So....all of us sailing in "early 2005" are anxiously awaiting news to hear if it's been added yet! We are keeping are fingers crossed!!!!

No one knows how it will work on the Wonder. We shall see pirate:

Logan1 .... We promise not to laugh at you if you wear your tropical shirt to the pirate party. :D

Anne

Hi Everyone -

Me and my DH and DD (7) will be on board the 16th too...

We are driving over from Tampa on Saturday and staying at the Quality Suites in Cocoa Beach... We get to park at the Radisson in the Cruise Parking for free... Nice Perk...

We booked in Oct (gotta love that FL resident rate) and still haven't told the daughter... I can't wait to see her face when we shuttle over to the ship!

This is Disney cruise #2 and I think I am even more excited this time~

Beth

The most up to date list:

Soleglo: DS 9, DS 13

Logan1_2000: DS 8

Kiadon: DD 9 1/2

Sanddune: DS 13, DS 10, DS 7

eeyoresmom: DD 9 1/2, DS 8

LuvsTink: DD 17, DD 7, DD 5 and DGM 61, DH 40

afr117: DD 4 1/2

Little_Susan: DD 5ish, DS 8 and DH

tinkertraci: DD 13, DS 10, DD 8

rlouden: DS 11, DD 9, ?DD 11

DisneyWorldDelight: No kids (I predict a couple's spa session!)

Grandmaof3: (AKA grandma of the year) DGS's 8, 11 and 13

Sonney: DD 15, DGF 14, DS 13, DD 10

Marshmellow86: DD 7 1/2, DD 16 months

ellyzma: DD 7

It would be interesting to figure out a way to meet each other...any ideas? Small update: Daughter's girl friend is 14.

Pirate night, if the first, would be very cool. We'll see. If no one has posted this on the main Cruise board, I will ask & see if anyone has any definitive info.

Sonney

I will be wearing a lime green ribbon probably in my hair or around my wrist. It won't be too small that you couldn't see it. I'll have it on the day we board and anyone who see me-please approach and I'll tell you our room number. It would be fun to meet you all. If I don't see anyone on boarding day, I'll just keep wearing it around the boat. My son drew a Mickey Mouse head on a piece of 81/2 x 11 paper and I had my DD8 color the outside lime green. I'm going to laminate it and put a couple magnet on the back and hang it on our door too. It says Mickey in one ear and Mouse in the other. Then in the head circle it says "The McRee Family". Very cute and a nice memento for the scrapbook.

I do have a stupid question though. How do you pronounce DIS? Is it DISH or like someone's diss'in ya (like kids used to say)? As in disrespect?

Please let me know so I don't make a fool of myself during introductions!

I'm also open to anyone who has a better idea on how we could meet. Since this is our first cruise, I'm not exactly sure what would work.

I always pronounce it dis as in "dis-ney". I will be wearing a dis pin/button.

We are planning at arriving at the terminal at about 11:00. How about everyone else?

Anne

I am hoping to be on the first shuttle from the Radisson to the Terminal..

Just follow the loud screaming you will hear when we pull up to the ship and our DD (7) gets the SURPRISE!

Can't wait to see her reaction... We've (DH and I) have kept the secret since October.

Beth

Hope 2 b there by 12, but I am flying in that morning, and doing the one way Budget rental.

I am shuttling over from Budget also around 11:00. Will be looking for all fellow DIS ers.

Right now just worried about getting on a plane tomorrow. Our road keeps flooding and I don't want to miss my flight!!!

:jumping1: Our docs arrived yesterday ! I was beginning to wonder if we really were going. Now I'm trying to get all the signatures (and notary signatures) for the DGSs.

We'll be driving over from Kissimmee on Sunday morning. Hope to arrive around noon. I'll try to get some green ribbon for our carry-ons (fat chance that the DGSs will have anything to do with wearing ribbons !!!).

Haven't packed anything yet - still trying to finish up last minute things at work.

See everyone on Sunday! :jumping3: :jumping3: :jumping3: :bounce:

Hi everyone! Has anyone been following the weather forecasts? (the computer I'm using is rapidly failing and it takes me 20 minutes to get most of the weather sites loaded) Last i heard it was suppossed to be cool and showery. I'm still trying to get the packing done! TIA, see you all on Sunday :cool1:

I was getting a little worried for you! Glad you received your doc's.

I'm starting to pack today and have a coffee question. My husband and I drink a lot of coffee. We are on deck 8 and won't mind walking up 1 level to the drink station or just order from room service the night before.

My question is- should we pack a large insulated coffee mugs (the kind that fits in your van cup holders and has a lid). I just don't want little dinky styrofoam cups that hold 1/2 cup.

But I also don't want to take up precious luggage room. Oh my gosh I am getting sooooo excited.

Luvstink-We'll be getting to the terminal around 11:00 too. I'll meet you there ::MickeyMo

I can't believe it's almost here.

The coffee station cups are pretty standard stuff. I would estmate as 8-10 ounces. There is a new adult lounge/coffee shop area that replaced the Common Grounds teen place neer the adult pool that has specialty coffees but that's for pay. However, you might be able to finagle a larger cup or something from there or somewhere.

So it's probably still a toss-up, depending on how important that large mug of coffee is to you!! Youc an always get room service to send you up a fresh pot!

Getting close.....see you all in a few days!!

Sonney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter