•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

We ended up switching our contract to Riviera from CCV so you can take me off the owners list! We plan on Adding on Resale at Copper Creek. Buying Riviera Direct just seemed like it made more sense at $188 a point vs $220 a point. Ended up with 150 points vs 130. We are staying at CCV June 11-16 this summer though!
Definitely you made the right move. Especially with the new incentives. As a CCV owner and lover, I could not purchase at $220/ pt. CONGRATS!!!!!!

Definitely you made the right move. Especially with the new incentives. As a CCV owner and lover, I could not purchase at $220/ pt. CONGRATS!!!!!!
That's what I was thinking! :) We wanted out direct points for the member benefits. 220 just seems so high. I wouldn't be surprised though if it went up to $235 soon or $245 like BLT and Poly.

We ended up switching our contract to Riviera from CCV so you can take me off the owners list! We plan on Adding on Resale at Copper Creek. Buying Riviera Direct just seemed like it made more sense at $188 a point vs $220 a point. Ended up with 150 points vs 130. We are staying at CCV June 11-16 this summer though!

Congrats!! I know you asked a lot of pertinent questions, and weighed all your options! $32 a point difference adds up.

Congrats!! I know you asked a lot of pertinent questions, and weighed all your options! $32 a point difference adds up.
It does! We ended up with 150 points at Riviera vs 130 points at CCV and it cost around $1000 less. Plus it fits in nicely with our plan to buy CCV resale. So this way we have an Epcot Home Resort that has a long expiration date and if we buy a CCV we have our MK Home Resort with a long Expiration. :)

It does! We ended up with 150 points at Riviera vs 130 points at CCV and it cost around $1000 less. Plus it fits in nicely with our plan to buy CCV resale. So this way we have an Epcot Home Resort that has a long expiration date and if we buy a CCV we have our MK Home Resort with a long Expiration. :)

Best of both worlds in that scenario...and who knows...depending on when you attempt to buy resale, reflections might be opening up with good initial incentives, that might sway you there vs CCV.

Best of both worlds in that scenario...and who knows...depending on when you attempt to buy resale, reflections might be opening up with good initial incentives, that might sway you there vs CCV.
I was thinking this exact thing! Does anyone know how much Riviera was when it first went on sale for Member Add-Ons? CCV looks like its around $145-165 a point resale for a 100-150 point contract for a June UY.

No problem, thank you for letting me know! I am sorry to see you go, but I think you made the right decision price wise!

No problem, thank you for letting me know! I am sorry to see you go, but I think you made the right decision price wise!
It is a little sad but we def plan to be back via resale :) CCV and BRV will be our top choices at 7 months in June and July which seems very doable for 3-5 night stays if you keep checking. Last week I scored a 5 night stay at CCV Deluxe Studio. We were beyond Excited!

I was thinking this exact thing! Does anyone know how much Riviera was when it first went on sale for Member Add-Ons? CCV looks like its around $145-165 a point resale for a 100-150 point contract for a June UY.

Riviera started at 188 (but with the incentives, I think you could get it initially for around $165-$170) depending on the number of points you bought...I don't remember specifically, but someone else might.

Riviera started at 188 (but with the incentives, I think you could get it initially for around $165-$170) depending on the number of points you bought...I don't remember specifically, but someone else might.
If I could get it for $165 with incentives it might be attractive but I wouldn't be surprised if if Reflections started at $195.

I’m a bit torn now, as for the alternate studio but run the risk of more noise, or go for the ground floor and have the convenience but less sizable room. Decisions. Thanks folks.

We had a room that shared a wall with the elevator at Thanksgiving and never heard a sound. In fact, the only noise I've ever noticed was pool games in the afternoon when we had a room directly above that area.

Yes correct any studio with a tub not on Floor 1 must be an alternate studio, ending in x115. See the Quote below where I breakdown the location of each studio time. As you can see (I know the blue color is close) Floors 2-7 each have 1 Deluxe Studio (with the tub) and that happens to be a Alternate Studio.
Outstanding! Thank you. Our first time there will be in December. Quick question: I have booked Deluxe Studio walk-in shower, thus this thread is amazing to see where we might be placed. What floors begin the balconies that have the heavy roofing and closed balcony? Love the light, so might find it a bit dark. Thank you in advance if anyone knows.

Outstanding! Thank you. Our first time there will be in December. Quick question: I have booked Deluxe Studio walk-in shower, thus this thread is amazing to see where we might be placed. What floors begin the balconies that have the heavy roofing and closed balcony? Love the light, so might find it a bit dark. Thank you in advance if anyone knows.
These posts have good information for you. Just click on each one to jump back to the original post to see all the info.
We like it quiet not near lifts (noisy) with as nice a view as possible of course.
Any advice on what to request from you CCV experts?
Also we normally stay in 1 beds bu this is a studio stay, I’m concerned about space, are any of the rooms bigger? I’ve seen the units with a separate living room in a corner?
Any help much appreciate as I’ve not stayed at CCV before, just visited.
Do you have a walk in shower or not? That changes the valid requests you can make. See below the floor distribution of the studios.

"Deluxe Studio"
Floor 1: 1 Dedicated Alternate Studio, 1 Lockoff Alternate Studio, 28 Dedicated Studios, 1 Lockoff Studio
Floor 2-7: 1 Lockoff Alternate Studio per Floor
Total Rooms: 37 Studios (29 Dedicated, 8 Lockoff)

"Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower"
Floor 1: 0
Floor 2: 4 Lockoff, 3 Dedicated
Floor 3: 5 Lockoff, 2 Dedicated
Floor 4: 6 Lockoff (one of which is open to lobby, believe this is a "bear face" room), 2 Dedicated
Floor 5: 6 Lockoff (one of which is open to lobby, believe this is a "bear face" room), 2 Dedicated
Floor 6: 5 Lockoff, 3 Dedicated
Floor 7: 2 Lockoff, 1 Dedicated
Total Rooms: 41 Studios (13 Dedicated, 28 Lockoff)

So it depends on which room type was reserved on which floor they be on. "Deluxe Studio" highly likely on the ground floor, Floor 1, (Lobby is Floor 2 of course). "Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower" guarantees Floor 2-7 with equal-ish odds across all floors.

Here is a floor map of the resort. Even numbered rooms will mostly have a view of BRV and the leisure pool. Odd numbers guarantee a feature pool facing room (which would be louder during the day from the pool parties). Really most rooms have nice views (no dumpster view, etc). And most will see a pool (or a obstructed pool view behind a wall, 1st floor even rooms) and possible partial lake view. I'd personally request, if a walk-in, "higher floor, BRV View (even number), closer to lake: Example Rooms: x122 or x128. If you don't have a walk-in shower you might want to balance first floor (BRV side) vs the lower likelihood of an upper floor (which would be the "alternate studio" layout and look at the feature pool.

Great that you started this thread! :thumbsup2

As an addition to the information on this thread, we welcome anyone who has a love of Wilderness Lodge, VWL or CCV to join us on the long-running https://www.disboards.com/threads/vwl-groupies-lovers-thread-special-collectors-edition-updated-1-aug-17.3242976/ VWL Groupies thread. While the title suggests VWL only, we have many CCV owners and WL lovers who stop by and contribute regularly.

Please note: This is not an attempt to derail or hijack this thread! I think there is plenty of room for these kinds of resort threads. Just offering an additional source for DVC information on the Wilderness Lodge grounds.

For example, here's a CCV floor plan that @GrandCalifornian recently posted on the VWL Groupie thread. The dotted lines in the layouts represent lock-off villas that can either be a 2BR or split into 1BR and Studio for separate booking. In any event, I thought it would be a good addition to the first page of the new CCV thread.

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor1.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor2.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor3.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor4.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor5.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor6.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor7.jpg
With a walk in shower, could you get a enclosed balcony?
If there is no "floor" above you yes you could get an enclosed balcony (see floorplan of the resort above). So for sure 6121, 6135, etc would be enclosed balcony (dormer type) because the 7th floor does not go over top of the 6th floor there. As for the 7th floor I'm a bit confused on which rooms get you an enclosed balcony or not since I recall not all of them are enclosed.
I can confirm 7115 is open, 7117 and 7119 are enclosed.

Also looking at pictures of Boulder Ridge Cove Pool it appears that 7th Flr rooms facing that direction are also enclosed.

I think for our first stay in CC, I will not make any requests. I do not want an enclosed balcony, but probably room assigners don’t know which are enclosed. I really am looking forward to being inside the Lodge!

I think for our first stay in CC, I will not make any requests. I do not want an enclosed balcony, but probably room assigners don’t know which are enclosed. I really am looking forward to being inside the Lodge!

I didn’t find the enclosed balcony to ruin anything for me. While I enjoy sitting outside with a glass of wine some nights, instead I just stand and lean on the ledge. The only time I think it’s a true disappointment is if you have little ones that can’t see over it 😂

Don’t know what room type you are booking, but if you are able to get the second floor you will not need an elevator!!! We loved that!

These posts have good information for you. Just click on each one to jump back to the original post to see all the info.
Awesome folks. Easy way to avoid the enclosed balcony would be request floors 2-5, no higher. This is short, concise and at check in, if I get 6 or 7th floor I know which ones are open thanks to all of you! I sure appreciate all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter