•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

@GrandCalifornian nailed it well. One of the best things about WL is the ability to find some serenity in an otherwise hectic World. Walk hand in hand down any pathway. If you take the covered walkway to VWL (what some now call Boulder Ridge), you'll see flickering lanterns and hear crickets, along with some strains of majestic music. They do s'mores at the fire pit near Geyser Point, too. Not just for kids, you can do a Hidden Mickey hunt with a hint sheet from the front desk. Sit in the Carrollwood Pacific Room in the VWL building--quiet, two fireplaces, and the ambiance is captivating. If you walk from one end of the cabins to the other (8001-8012 on the north side of the boat dock, 8013-8026 on the south side), you'll cover better than 1/4 mile, and it is lovely. . .though sadly the nature trail and bike path are closed. Grab a libation at Geyser Point and watch the MK fireworks from there--they pipe in the music. I believe there is a sauna in Sturdy Branches, too, or you can sit in the rockers outside the VWL building and watch people come and go. The best thing about WL is the ability to just be in the moment. . .a rare feat at Disney.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this great information (and great pictures)! Beginning to understand why you love staying at WL.

--What 'high' floor would you request for a 1 BR? I read that the highest (?) floor's balconies are obstructed by dormers.

--Are there other color flag boats that go other places from WL?

Any other WL Lovers have suggestions?
Ahh yes, the enclosed balconies. The highest floor in any section of the resort has enclosed "dormer" balconies. We don't mind them at all, and actually feel they are more secure with small kids, but some prefer to have a railing you can see through. Any room numbered 6120 or higher has these enclosed balconies, since the 6th floor is the top floor for the end of the wing, and the 7th is the top floor closer to the lobby. You can request an open balcony, or a room number lower than 6120 if you wish.

Besides the blue flag boats which do the Bay Lake loop, there are Red flag boats that go direct to MK. Sometimes you will also see Red/Green flag boats, which go to WL, Fort Wilderness and MK at off peak times. At busier times the Green Flag boats go straight between MK and FW.

Last edited:
Only 67 days to our first Welcome Home at CC (also own at AKV). Ready to book fastpasses on Easter Sunday, started groceries on Prime Now and suitcases will be coming out soon!

A few questions (1) has CC installed the shampoo/conditioner dispensers yet? (2) have they completely discontinued breakfast at Geyser Point? I visited the hotel a few weeks ago and it wasn’t opened and the menu on the Disney app only shows lunch and dinner now.

I was really looking forward to a breakfast or two there.

Reposting. Anyone?

Reposting. Anyone?
Can't speak 100% for certain, but from our early March trip to VB and HHI, I recall VB had the dispensers while CCV did not. As for breakfast, you're out of luck. They have posted before that you can "check by to see what's offered for breakfast" but I don't believe they even offer that anymore. Even when they did, it was simply things like oatmeal, yogurt, and the like--nothing truly screaming breakfast.

No dispensers in CCV yet (as of my visit in December). GP stopped serving breakfast, unfortunately. Sorry about that.
Can't speak 100% for certain, but from our early March trip to VB and HHI, I recall VB had the dispensers while CCV did not. As for breakfast, you're out of luck. They have posted before that you can "check by to see what's offered for breakfast" but I don't believe they even offer that anymore. Even when they did, it was simply things like oatmeal, yogurt, and the like--nothing truly screaming breakfast.

Thank you both! Disappointed that they discontinued breakfast, I really wanted to try the Eggs Benedict. It looked like it was going to be a nice, relaxing way to start the day.

I can live or live without the dispensers. I was just hoping for one last thing to pack. Oh well but thanks again.

Thank you both! Disappointed that they discontinued breakfast, I really wanted to try the Eggs Benedict. It looked like it was going to be a nice, relaxing way to start the day.

I can live or live without the dispensers. I was just hoping for one last thing to pack. Oh well but thanks again.

I wonder if breakfast will return for the summer? We can always hope.

When GP first opened, the eggs bennie were a wonderful addition to breakfast. My wife and I were thrilled they had them, and they had two versions! It was only a few months later those disappeared, soon followed by the announcement that breakfast would be "check with us each day," and then followed by no breakfast. It's simply Disney crunching numbers and deciding that the mediocre menu at RF and the all-you-care-to-eat option at WCC was good enough. That way, they don't have to staff a kitchen or service staff at a third location. Simple economics but poor customer satisfaction. ;)

Just found this group. All of the content is awesome and super helpful. We are CCV owners and we bought in August 2017 with a December use year. We will be staying here for the first time May 1st to the 13th. Can't wait!!!!!!

:welcome:and Congrats!! Happy you found us!!! Your trip is SO close!! You must be so excited! Did you start packing?! I’ll be sure to get you up on Page 1! Have a great trip! Please take some pictures for us!

*WELCOME HOME!*

We mailed off the paperwork last Monday and it was received on Tuesday. Now I guess I wait until the deed is recorded? How long does this process usually take?

A question for the group (although maybe this might need to be in the general area), to get a two bedroom lockoff for copper creek, I see I can't book that type in the online system it only says 2 bedroom. So does that mean I have to request it and hope for the best?

A question for the group (although maybe this might need to be in the general area), to get a two bedroom lockoff for copper creek, I see I can't book that type in the online system it only says 2 bedroom. So does that mean I have to request it and hope for the best?
If booking cash through Disney, the general consensus seems to be that the cash side only rents out dedicated 2 bedrooms at the resorts with them.

If you are booking through points. By renting it would depend on the broker or renter being willing to grab, since they consist of a studio that makes it more difficult to grab. If you are booking yourself through points, if an owner, you will see lockoff as an option but need to book right at 8AM. Though again since they consist of a studio and 1 bedroom they are difficult to grab because of this.

A 2-bedroom lockoff is a booking category, so it’s possible none of the lockoff are available — they’re all booked, or the studio portions are all booked which means no lockoffs are available. You can waitlist. (I’m assuming you’re an owner.)

A 2-bedroom lockoff is a booking category, so it’s possible none of the lockoff are available — they’re all booked, or the studio portions are all booked which means no lockoffs are available. You can waitlist. (I’m assuming you’re an owner.)
Ah, that makes sense, ya I'm an CC owner but haven't looked at booking a 2 bdrm until now. Thanks a lot for your quick responses! And I didnt even notice the button for not seeing your room...there they are.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I thought I would drop in and say hello. We’ve recently purchased an add on contract at CCV (already own at BRV and The Poly).
Wilderness Lodge is hands down our favourite resort and BRV was our first contract.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom at CCV not long after it opened and fell in love with the rooms there.
I’m looking forward to checking out this thread for the amazing hints and tips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter