ºoº "Epcot's Candlelight Processional 2005 F.A.Q. & Information,let's share our info.

LittleBoPeep said:
We can't wait for the info to be released. This will be our first December trip to WDW, mostly because of all the wonderful things we've read on the DIS about the CP. We were going to try to go last year to see Jim Caviezel, but it didn't work out. This year, the trip is set in stone, so we WILL be there. I like the tip of going on a MVMCP night...but we are planning to go with the dinner package, so I guess we're at least guaranteed a seat.

We have a few questions: How are they (CM's and narrators) about videotaping the performances? This would definitely be something we'd like to watch again and again at Christmas time.

Hi, LittleBoPeep. You know those several hundred young people in the choir that come from all over the United States to sing in the CP, they also have a few parents that love to take pictures of their children performing.

I don't think anyone would mind you taping or taking pictures as long as you did not use a light or a flash or got in anyone's way.

And I think that someone has already said that they had taped the whole show.

LittleBoPeep said:
Also, DH is a meat eater, but I am allergic...he wants to go to Chef's or Le Cellier. How are they for vegetarian fare?

I know that Le Cellier chef is very accommodating with guests. If you call ahead or leave a message with the server, they can prepare any of their meals to suit you. If you don't see what you like on the menu, and you let them know in advance, they can help you. I don't have the email. I'll look over at Deb's site

Here is a link to Deb's site about another person's experience with food allergies and dining at WDW: http://www.allearsnet.com/din/guestfood.htm

And here is another link to Deb Wills' site with WDW info on how to request special meals at the restuarant that you would like to go to: http://www.allearsnet.com/din/special.htm

And here is a quote from Deb Wills's site with the same explanation and informaition:

THE WORD FROM DISNEY: If you or someone in your party has special dietary needs, Disney recommends the following:
All WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort table service restaurants which accept Priority Seating can accommodate special dietary needs (such as allergies to gluten or wheat, shellfish, soy, lactose or milk, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, or eggs).
1. When making a Priority Seating arrangement (1-407-WDW-DINE), alert the Cast Member to your special needs, and they will make a note on the file.
.2. Special dietary needs can be accommodated if requested at least 72 hours in advance at 407-WDW-DINE (no longer 24 hours). The more specific and individual your needs are, the more lead time the restaurant will require! This new time frame began in February 2005.
OTHER NOTES: With only a few exceptions, WDW restaurants use only canola oil in food preparation. Peanut oil, however, is used in restaurants featuring Asian cuisine, because of its higher smoke point. (This is an important consideration for items being stir-fried, for example, as other oils tend to burn when used at such high temperatures.)
If you have specific inquiries or would like recommendations regarding the food served at the park restaurants, you are welcome to call the executive chefs or Food and Beverage managers, at the telephone numbers listed below. If no one is immediately available when you call, please be sure to leave a message and a telephone number where you may be reached.
Magic Kingdom Park: 407-824-5967
Epcot: 407-560-7292
Disney-MGM Studios: 407-560-1347
Disney's Animal Kingdom: 407-939-7536
(Please note Walt Disney World Company operates no full-service restaurants in this park.)
BRINGING SNACKS INTO PARKS: As an exception to standard policy, guests who have specific food allergies are permitted to bring their own small snack items with them into the theme parks. However, picnic baskets, ice chests, and coolers are not permitted.

LittleBoPeep said:
And how early do they allow package purchases (the typical 90 days out)?

TIA!!! :goodvibes

Usually, the CP package comes out in September. That's why I left the first post empty, so that I can post the new info when it comes out. I wish that they would announce it early this year.

Sincerely, Ray

Thanks for the speedy, detailed answers Ray!!! Looking forward to more of your posts and others' posts! :)

sprite said:
THis will be our first CP. We are going to WDW the week after christmas. Do they still light the tree then?

I'm thinking we'll probably try for early Le Cellier early and the 6:15 show.

Hi, Sprite. I don't know the answer to your question about the christmas tree lighting. I do know that they leave all of the christmas lighting at the parks and resorts up until the end of December. Some people have even seen decorations up a few days in January before they all disappear.

Maybe someone else will have an answer for you, but even if they may not have the show part, they probably will have the tree lit.

Sincerely, Ray

Thanks for all the info Ray!!!!!!!! :flower: When did they announce the Narrators last year?

nasmith said:
Does anyone know which night this year is the "Media" event? I know that one night each year, the CP is closed to everyone but invited guests (media, Companies close to WDW heart, etc..) for all shows except the 5:30 show (planned to go without the package, and couldn't get in)......I know, because I found out the hard way! It's usually earlier in Dec., I believe........

Hi, nasmith. I have been trying to think of the name of that event for weeks..."Media Event".

That darn Media Event.

To answer your question directly, no I don't know when the media event will be held, but I wish that I did.

Every year, I remember everyone talking about media event at Epcot, or MK or MGM, etc.

One way I can probalby tell is last year the 5:00 P.M. CP on Sunday, December 5, 2004 was not available to the general public.

If you look in the times link below at the 2004 CP, you will see that there was not a 5:00 P.M. CP show because it was a media event. I think that they have even changed other events at MK, and MGM, too.

I know one time at MGM, after the Fantasmic show, we were not allowed to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights because of a special event. It might have been a media event one time. Another time the Castmember said such and such and company had paid to have a private viewing that particular night. I was very disappointed that night.

Another night at Epcot, I didn't get in to see CP in the standby line. Other CP package guests said that almost all of the regular reserved covered seating area was reserved for special VIP's and that they had to sit in the second tier of seating. They could sit where ever they wanted in the second tier, but it just wasn't the same as previous visits.

I think that the media days only last one or two days and I try to stay away from those days. But if I order CP in advance, I think that I will ask if there will be a media day that I was attending or if one of the shows, like the 5:00 show is unavailable or not. And if not, was it because it was a media event or was it just not listed.

I'm not that worried about it now. I know that it can happen and I will arrive in good spirits. Because the CP is so wonderful. I see it several times every year.

So if any cast members are out there, will you please let us know if you hear of any media event days, please.

Sincerely, Ray

P.S.: ...edited...May I vent here for a moment. I am upset because my new scooter package was damaged today and I was going to WDW soon.

Ray,

Sorry to hear about the scooter. Is there any way to rent one for your trip? HUGS!

:)
RaySharpton said:
I just had to refuse delivery because of the box being totally smashed, squshed, holes in the box. The DHL delivery person said it should have been packaged better. I said that it was a brand new scooter in the original box. I called every day to DHL. Every day they said it was in transit. Everyday I said that it was supposed to be next day delivery. I sent emails. I talked to supervisors I was so frustrated. I was going to use it in three weeks on vacation at WDW and the beach. I am just so upset. O.K....I won't post for a while until I settle down. And I am going to order out. So much for my diet.

Frustratingly, Disappointedly, Ray

Ouch. If it makes you feel any better, I broke my diet today and I didn't even have a good reason :teeth:

(I'm glad to hear the Christmas decorations will still be up the week after Christmas, I would be very disappointed to find them packed away so soon :) )

Thank you, Ray, for all the great info!
SkipperBubba pirate: and I :maleficen are taking our first Christmas trip to WDW Dec. 5-11, and we're very much looking forward to the CP. I KNOW I'll cry.
We'd like to do the dining plan, and from what I've gleaned from the info already on this post, I know we'll be able to to CP first, and eat later. (We want to try for our fave Rose & Crown patio table for Illuminations! :blush: ) My other question is this: We are going down on the premium plan, which includes three meals a day. Will we still have to pay separately for the CP DP, or is it included? Even if we do have to buy it separately, we'll still do it -- I was just curious.
Thanks for any help you can give us.
Cheers,
Q
:drinking1

Hey Ray.....sorry to hear you're having some difficulties with DHL. Take some deep breaths, aaahhhh, that's better. Hopefully, all will work out. Just think happy thoughts....I'm going to DisneyWorld, I'm going to DisneyWorld...the holidays in WDW are coming...soon they will release the CP narrator list...I'm going to WDW...I'm going to see my old friends again and make some new ones...I'm going to WDW!!!!! :maleficen :moped:

Hi Ray!

I am subscribing too. I do also want to verify something, the CP takes place it appears on Sunday nights as well as weekend nights. It also looks as if, according to last years roster that it took place on mondays as well.
We went last year for the 1st time and I want to make this an annual family tradition.

The reason I want to make sure the CP is on Sundays and Mondays is because I want to rent DVC points and the points required for a Sunday and Monday are ALOT less then weekend nights.

Forgive me for sounding ditzy, I am very pregnant right now and my brain power is ever so slightly diminished. :confused3

Thank you SO much for posting again this year, your thread helped me so much last year!!! Sorry about your DHL issues, that stinks!

PLUTO2 said:
Thanks for all the info Ray!!!!!!!! :flower: When did they announce the Narrators last year?

Hi, PLUTO2. They used to rarely announce the narrator's names when they announce the CP package prices, except for last year. I don't know the exact dates, but usually a few weeks later we hear about one or two narrators, then sometimes they used to announce in October a list most of the narrators.

Sometimes, a space or two is missing. Maybe they are trying to confirm a name before they post it.

Sometimes at the last minute a narrator cancels because of a personal reason.

One year, Roy Disney was supposed to speak, but cancelled at the last minute.

I can't wait for the narrator names to come out, too.

Can any WDW Cast Members let us know when the narrator names come out?

Sincerely, Ray

triplefigs said:
Ray,

Thanks for starting this. I think we'll do CP on Sunday night (day after meetin you for the tree lighting). It's the day we're doing AK, so we'll be done by 5pm. Figure we can go over to Epcot afterwards and do the CP.

Thanks!

I'll miss you Sunday night. I'll be on the Mousefest DCL Wonder four day cruise. I look forward to seeing you the night before.

Sincerely, Ray

DoomBuggyBabe said:
Thank you, Ray, for all the great info!
SkipperBubba pirate: and I :maleficen are taking our first Christmas trip to WDW Dec. 5-11, and we're very much looking forward to the CP. I KNOW I'll cry.
We'd like to do the dining plan, and from what I've gleaned from the info already on this post, I know we'll be able to to CP first, and eat later. (We want to try for our fave Rose & Crown patio table for Illuminations! :blush: ) My other question is this: We are going down on the premium plan, which includes three meals a day. Will we still have to pay separately for the CP DP, or is it included? Even if we do have to buy it separately, we'll still do it -- I was just curious.
Thanks for any help you can give us.
Cheers,
Q
:drinking1

Hi, DoomBuggyBabe. I don't know the answer to your question, but it should be listed somewhere when the new CP package comes out soon.

I think that this is the first time that WDW has ever offered free meal plan like they did this Summer.

Maybe another DISer will have an answer for you.

Sincerely, Ray

zalansky said:
Hi Ray!

I am subscribing too. I do also want to verify something, the CP takes place it appears on Sunday nights as well as weekend nights. It also looks as if, according to last years roster that it took place on mondays as well.
We went last year for the 1st time and I want to make this an annual family tradition.

The reason I want to make sure the CP is on Sundays and Mondays is because I want to rent DVC points and the points required for a Sunday and Monday are ALOT less then weekend nights.

Forgive me for sounding ditzy, I am very pregnant right now and my brain power is ever so slightly diminished. :confused3

Thank you SO much for posting again this year, your thread helped me so much last year!!! Sorry about your DHL issues, that stinks!

Hi, zalansky. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Yes, the CP is held on Sunday and Mondays.

Sincerely, Ray

Ray...sorry I didn't respond to you sooner. The narrator that I'd like to request was a fill in for someone two or three years ago. His name is Collin raye and he is a country artist with many ties to Disney. He has performed on several cds and was involved with Lilo & Stitch. His rendition of the Christmas story was awesome and I would love to hear it again. I wish there was an email address that I could find so I could send my thoughts to someone in the know, so to speak.

Charlene

Bumping back to front so I can find this again. THanks for all the info. Hoping to be in the "world" Nov-27-Dec3 and this is now a MUST SEE. Can you get the dinner package for Rose&Crown and plan on seeing Ill. from the patio there? Would 7:45 be to early for after the 6:45 show?? If so I think that would be perfect. If not thinking of doing Coral Reef (only way I'll ever get to eat there) early like say 5ish for the 6:45 show. Would that leave enough time??
Thanks for the help

BBGirl said:
Bumping back to front so I can find this again. THanks for all the info. Hoping to be in the "world" Nov-27-Dec3 and this is now a MUST SEE. Can you get the dinner package for Rose&Crown and plan on seeing Ill. from the patio there? Would 7:45 be to early for after the 6:45 show?? If so I think that would be perfect. If not thinking of doing Coral Reef (only way I'll ever get to eat there) early like say 5ish for the 6:45 show. Would that leave enough time??
Thanks for the help

Hi, BBGirl. Let's see...Illuminations starts at 9:30 P.M..

A lot of people spend up to an hour standing or sitting along the lake for their favorite spot to watch Illuminations.

I would chose 7:45 P.M. for an Advanced Dining Reservation for Rose and Crown, too. That sounds perfect.

During the day or evening, stop by the podium where they accept ADR's at the Rose and Crown and tell them what you plan to do.

When you arrive later, explain what you had done and said earlier and they will say that they can't guarantee a table on the patio. And you can say that you will be willing to wait for a "lakeside patio" table to dine and watch Illuminations. Most of the time they will say, O.K....take this beeper and we'll call you.

I hope that this works.

If you actually get in that early, tell your server to please take their time serving you the main entree, and to let you enjoy your apetizer first. Have dessert. Have a beer or coffee until the show starts.

Most people will eating at the Rose and Crown and ask for the patio will want to stay and watch the Illuminations. Maybe there will be some diners that will be dining there and will leave to see the 8:30 P.M. show.

At any rate, a lot of people will have the same idea. I guess it depends how crowded it might be that night.

But this has worked for me before. Once I got in at 8:15 P.M., but another time I didn't get in until just before nine. It can be a little nerve racking or it can be very easy.

The Rose and Crown lakeside patio is very nice at night and relaxing.

Good luck.

Sincerely, Ray

To answer Sprite's question about the tree lighting ceremony:

Our first trip to WDW was Dec 26 - 31 ,2001. We saw the tree lighting at EPOCT during that week but it was a few years ago so things could have changed. We missed the CP that year (DD had just turned 6 and had come down with a bad cold the day we had planned EPCOT so we really cut it short).
We would love to secure a CP package for Christmas Day at LeCellier - but I am sure that will be very popular.

Ray - I love the info on this thread. Have a great upcoming trip

Talking Hands said:
I usually wait until I find out who is narrating so I can see Marlee Matlin if possible. It is usually just a weekend trip for us and I take two days off work. Wish I had a schedule of the interpreters because I do have favorites. Angela and Tara are my favorites. Tony is good also.
I was at a conference where Marlee Matlin was the guest speaker (she was fabulous) and at the end you could ask her questions/take pictures etc. I asked her partner (he interprets for her) whether she would be doing CP and he said they were but now of course I can't remember the date he thought they would be in. I know it is after our trip which bummed me out. One day I'll see her. He was hysterical though - he told the story about the first year they performed and the Disney folks sent him the CD when he realized it was a subtle hint to be more dynamic (hahahaha) so he said every year he is more dramatic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter