ºoº "Epcot's Candlelight Processional 2005 F.A.Q. & Information,let's share our info.

Miss Mickey Mania said:
For dinner - pre show - we ate at Akershus which was excellent. I wonder if it will still be used for the package now that the princesses have spoiled...sorry invaded....oops.....moved in!!!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

LoveWDW said:
Do the seats have backs on them? I can't sit very long on a backless bench.

Hi, LoveWDW. They have backs to them. It is sort of like a bleacher seat. A long row separated by entrance ways or trees. I think that they are made of aluminum and the backs sort of look like the seats. It is a bit hard on my bum...lol.

But the show is only about 40-minutes long. Sometimes people wait much longer in line.

Have a great time.

Sincerely, Ray

RachelTori said:
It will not be a problem! It's a "pre-pay" and it doesn't matter how it was paid for so don't worry! Also, most ADR's do NOT require any kind of credit card - exceptions being CRT and the Fantasmic Dinner Package. (I can't think of any others....), but there too, if your dad made the deposit/payment, it would just show up as being "credited" - doesn't matter who paid or how! HTH :goodvibes (actually, hope that makes sense :rotfl: )

Hi, Laura. I really had nice time meeting you at Epcot.

Sincerely, Ray

chipscinderelly said:
Ray - thanks for the thread! Have you ever been on Dec 30th to the show? We plan to arrive late afternoon on the 30th and stay the weekend and would love to see the show. Is the last night a madhouse?

Hi, chipcinderelly. I haven't been that late in December before. I usually go in the first two weeks of December. I bet Christmas Eve and Christmas day would be a mad house.

Maybe someone else can answer your question here on the DIS. I bet that you will do just fine.

Sincerely, Ray

I'm looking for an email address for the powers to be concerning Candlelight. I want to request a particular narrator who was part of the procession three years ago and has not been back. I understand that the narrators must be invited to participate. I'd like to suggest that this artist be re-invited. Thanks to anyone who can help.....

snowgooseltd said:
I'm looking for an email address for the powers to be concerning Candlelight. I want to request a particular narrator who was part of the procession three years ago and has not been back. I understand that the narrators must be invited to participate. I'd like to suggest that this artist be re-invited. Thanks to anyone who can help.....

Hi, snowgooseltd. I saw this question on another thread, too. I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe someone else would know. I hope you find your email, and maybe you could share it with us.

Who would you like to see as a narrator?

Sincerely, Ray

Ray, what a great thread! We will be at VWL from the 18th until the 26th, attending MVMCP on the 20th. Our kids would LOVE to see Levar Burton, we still watch old Reading Rainbow videos from the library, but he ALWAYS comes later than that...DRATS!!! If Steven Curtis Chapman is there during our stay we will pick him, we are Christian music lovers. Dh wants to eat at Le Celier but I think that is too pricey for us. Our older girls are 14 and 12, adults at WDW, so that would be 45$ a peice. Oldest is a size 2 vegetarian!!! I think we will go with Beirgarten, and eat a lunch at Le Celier some other time so they can just pick what they want (often just an appetizer fills them up!) I am getting so excited. We have done WDW at Christmas before, in 1999, but did not do the package. We saw Brian Dennehy. It was awesome, actually Dh and I would enjoy ANY of the narrators. Anyone else have any pointers??

When is the earliest time you can eat as part of the dinner package? A couple of the places we're interested in eating are fairly far away and we're concerned that there won't be enough time to make it to the theater. Is it possible to plan to eat as early as 4:00 or is 4:45 the earliest to eat as part of the package? Thanks!!

chipscinderelly said:
Ray - thanks for the thread! Have you ever been on Dec 30th to the show? We plan to arrive late afternoon on the 30th and stay the weekend and would love to see the show. Is the last night a madhouse?

Hello,
We have gone once before arriving Christmas Day and saw CP the 28th, I think. It was wonderful but very very busy. We booked a package and had seating, the waiting lines for all 3 shows were soooo long. I heard people say they never even got a seat if they did not have PS or whatever they are called now, lol. :confused3 I think if you book a package you should be all set as long as you get there on time and all. Have fun! :wizard:

RaySharpton said:
Hi, Laura. I really had nice time meeting you at Epcot.

Sincerely, Ray

Me too, Ray! Sorry we're going to miss each other this next time, but hopefully there will be other trips! :goodvibes Who knows? Maybe I'll "bump" into you one day in Atlanta!!

BTW: I was at the Braves game today and got to *beat the big drum* to the tomahawk chop in the 8th inning. Boy was that ever a fun experience!! :blush:

I think we will do Chefs on Christmas Eve this year if I can get it! We did Alfredos last Christmas Eve and it was a lot of fun. We would have never got a seat with out the package. The line to see Gary Sinese was so long! It was very cold but worth it.

Ray,

Thanks for starting this. I think we'll do CP on Sunday night (day after meetin you for the tree lighting). It's the day we're doing AK, so we'll be done by 5pm. Figure we can go over to Epcot afterwards and do the CP.

Thanks!

Does anyone know which night this year is the "Media" event? I know that one night each year, the CP is closed to everyone but invited guests (media, Companies close to WDW heart, etc..) for all shows except the 5:30 show (planned to go without the package, and couldn't get in)......I know, because I found out the hard way! It's usually earlier in Dec., I believe........

PatriciaH said:
I think we will do Chefs on Christmas Eve this year if I can get it! We did Alfredos last Christmas Eve and it was a lot of fun. We would have never got a seat with out the package. The line to see Gary Sinese was so long! It was very cold but worth it.

PatriciaH,

This is our plan, too! It will be our first CP, but I'm planning to do it Christmas Eve since we don't get a discount anyway with our DDE card. DH isn't thrilled with Gary Sinese, but I think he's just being rotten...he gives me the :rolleyes1 "oh, no not more WDW planning look" when I mentioned we might get to see Gary Sinese. We are also planning to eat at Chefs with the CP package. We always...or I do since I'm the family planner...try to eat at new restaurants. (It's my secret goal to eat at every place in WDW... :maleficen ) I just haven't figured out the timing for the night...eat first then do the CP or do CP first then eat? :confused3 We will have DS with us who is 13, so food is always one of his concerns so I'm leaning toward eating around 5 or 5:30 ish and doing the CP at 8:15 so we can see it when it's dark, which I've read is better. Plus, that way we can leave the CP and walk out into the park with the same feeling we get after leaving church after midnight services.

So, OT here, but what are your dates in WDW for Christmas and where are ya staying? We're there 12/18 - 12/25 and at SSR. Maybe we'll bump into each other. :wave2:

We've done the Candlelight Processional dinner package for the past 3 years, and are planning on doing it again this year! :cool1:

The past two years we've seen Gary Sinise. The year before that, Sandi Patty (sp?). Gary Sinise was wonderful, and I'd be perfectly happy seeing him again. Some of the narrators tend to be quasi-celebrities (people I don't know), so it's nice to see someone "famous."

Our favorite CP restaurant is Le Cellier, which I think we'll do again this year. We've also done Rose and Crown, which I LOVED, but we were seated right next to the pub and the atmosphere was a little loud and frenetic. The food was wonderful, though. We've also done Chefs de France. The food was good, but not as good as Le Cellier or Rose and Crown. Then again, I do love a good steak, so maybe I'm biased. ;)

momsgoofy said:
PatriciaH,
So, OT here, but what are your dates in WDW for Christmas and where are ya staying? We're there 12/18 - 12/25 and at SSR. Maybe we'll bump into each other. :wave2:

Wear some lime green:) We live in Celebration about 5 minutes from Disney property. It will probably be DH and myself and maybe my mother and father if we can get them to go. We went to Artist Point for Christmas dinner last year and I really enjoyed that also.

Laura....Gary Sinese is wonderful and you will thoroughly enjoy his narration. Whether you eat early or late, it will still be dark at 5:30pm. We enjoy seeing CP early and then savoring a later dinner so we can amble out of the park when it's already closed. Leaving at the end of CP, you'll also be able to enjoy Illuminations, so there's something to be said for each option. Whichever you choose, don't let your hubby spoil it. The spirit of WDW, at Chrsitmas, can soften even the grumpiest heart.
Charlene

THis will be our first CP. We are going to WDW the week after christmas. Do they still light the tree then?

I'm thinking we'll probably try for early Le Cellier early and the 6:15 show.

We can't wait for the info to be released. This will be our first December trip to WDW, mostly because of all the wonderful things we've read on the DIS about the CP. We were going to try to go last year to see Jim Caviezel, but it didn't work out. This year, the trip is set in stone, so we WILL be there. I like the tip of going on a MVMCP night...but we are planning to go with the dinner package, so I guess we're at least guaranteed a seat.

We have a few questions: How are they (CM's and narrators) about videotaping the performances? This would definitely be something we'd like to watch again and again at Christmas time.

Also, DH is a meat eater, but I am allergic...he wants to go to Chef's or Le Cellier. How are they for vegetarian fare? And how early do they allow package purchases (the typical 90 days out)?

TIA!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter