ºoº "Epcot's Candlelight Processional 2005 F.A.Q. & Information,let's share our info.

UrsulasShadow said:
I posted this question a while ago, but it seems it can't be done...or can it?
Has anyone ever done the CP Dinner package and Illuminations cruise on the same evening?

Hi, UrsulasShadow. I really don't think that I could do it, but maybe you could try.

Let's see, in December, Illuminations starts at 9:30 P.M.

You could see the CP show at 5:00 P.M. and dine immediately afterwards.

Last December they wanted us at the boat dock over near the Yacht and Beach Club Resort at 8:15 P.M. to depart at 8:30 P.M..

So you would have to try and figure if you could make it to the boat dock.

I guess that you would have to make the decision and compare the different times of the dining, CP show, and getting to the boat dock by no later than 8:30 P.M..

Good luck. Maybe someone else can help you.

Sincerely, Ray

Hi Ray and everyone -

First, thanks Ray for all the info! This is the second thread you've started that I'm subscribing to, and as a first time Disney Christmas traveler, you're a lifesaver!

Now my questions: Typically how long is the performance? I am concerned that my DD4 won't be able to sit still that long. Granted she is normally a reasonably well behaved munchkin, but at WDW you never know...

Anyone with smaller kids have any experience with this? Any recommendations? Where does the performance take place?

TIA-
Mel

MelodyMack said:
Hi Ray and everyone -

First, thanks Ray for all the info! This is the second thread you've started that I'm subscribing to, and as a first time Disney Christmas traveler, you're a lifesaver!

Now my questions: Typically how long is the performance? I am concerned that my DD4 won't be able to sit still that long. Granted she is normally a reasonably well behaved munchkin, but at WDW you never know...

Anyone with smaller kids have any experience with this? Any recommendations? Where does the performance take place?

TIA-
Mel

Hi, Mel. I would just be guessing for the time, but I know that it is more than 30 minutes and less than 45 minutes. In the FAQ by Deb Wills' site that is in the first post, says that the CP show lasts 40 minutes. The time factor isn't so much the show as it is waiting in line. Some people wait in line almost an hour to get a more centered type seat, versus being late and having to sit to the far left or far right or on the front row.

I've seen a lot of kids do just fine. The color of it all, the huge choir, the sound of the orchestra, and the trumphets keeps most kids awake. And it snows at the end of the show, too. But waiting in line may be more of a problem.

The show is located across from the American pavilion in an outdoor theater. There is a small covered area in the first several rows for the CP package holders. It is about equal distance from the other side of the lake and the main Epcot christmas tree.

Maybe other DISers with kids can give you more help.

Sincerely, Ray

I have a Question or 2 What times are the shows and what is the best time to eat. I am so confused about when you need to get in line if you have a DP for CP. If you have a DP don't you get in? What is the advantage of haveing a DP if you are not able to get in? Should you eat first and then see show or see show first then eat?

Hugpug said:
I have a Question or 2 What times are the shows and what is the best time to eat.

Hi, Hugpug. Shows were approximately 40 minutes. Each evening there were three shows -- 5:00 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 8:15 p.m.

The best times are really a personal decision that you make based on what you would like to do that night and still be able to fit in the dining and CP show. Some families with children like to eat early.

Just play with the times and see what would be best for you.

And here is a FAQ link about CP from Deb Wills's site:

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/h_cpfaq.htm

Hugpug said:
I am so confused about when you need to get in line if you have a DP for CP. If you have a DP don't you get in? What is the advantage of haveing a DP if you are not able to get in? Should you eat first and then see show or see show first then eat?

You can get in anytime after the Cast Members open the line. You can even enter up to the last minute depending on the size of your party because of space they may have to split you up. But if you want a better seat toward the center and not all the way on the front row, then you might want to get in line early. If you came after the show started, then maybe they only have seats all the way over to the right or left or front row. It depends on the number of tickets sold.

The advantage is having a great dinner at a discount price with the tip and taxes paid in advance. The advantage is being able to sit up front under the cover of a roof.

The only people that might not get in are the people that don't have a CP package and wait in the standby line. After about five to ten minutes before the show starts, they let the standby line people in. But the reserved seating is still left for the CP package people.

I can't remember when I was not able to get inside using the standby line.

I hope that answers your questions.

Sincerely, Ray

RaySharpton said:
Hi, UrsulasShadow. I really don't think that I could do it, but maybe you could try.

Let's see, in December, Illuminations starts at 9:30 P.M.

You could see the CP show at 5:00 P.M. and dine immediately afterwards.

Last December they wanted us at the boat dock over near the Yacht and Beach Club Resort at 8:15 P.M. to depart at 8:30 P.M..

So you would have to try and figure if you could make it to the boat dock.

I guess that you would have to make the decision and compare the different times of the dining, CP show, and getting to the boat dock by no later than 8:30 P.M..

Sincerely, Ray
Actually, I was hoping for an earlier dining time, then catching the 6:45p.m. show. That way I'd be out well before 8pm to try to catch the boat. How long do you figure it would take to walk there in heavy holiday traffic?

Subscribing to your thread! We'll be anxiously waiting for the CP packages to be released - last year was our 1st: Biergarten and CP with Edward James Olmos (WOW!). We'll be looking for a DP sometime the week before Christmas.

:wave2:

I'm subscribing, too! We'll be there December 18-24, and CP will be a must-do for us! Thanks to all for your thoughts and opinions. I'll be reading!

Thanks for starting this thread! THis will be our first visit in December and we are actually going to be there for Christmas! Our trip is 12/20 to 12/27. Arrival day we will catch the last MVMCP :teeth:
We want to spend Christmas Eve at Epcot...and do the early CP show and then have dinner at Le Cellier, and then soak up the atmosphere until Illuminations. I can't wait!!

Thank you very much Ray for starting this thread. This is our first December trip to WDW. CP sounds wonderful, but like the other poster, we have a 2 year old and 6 year old with us. Question: If we have the CP package, can we sit anywhere in the reserved section? Or do we have to follow the queue and sit at the next available seat? We would like to sit at the end so that we can take our daughter out if she gets fussy without disturbing other CP audience. I think my 6 year old son would love to hear the choirs sing.

Plus, there are three shows every night? If yes, which show tends to be less full (so waiting in line would be shorter)? Also, if you book the CP dining package, is it like Fantasmic package and you get a ticket from the server, or is a ticket mailed to you before arrival (like MVMCP)?

Thanks for your help.
Cynthia

tclowe said:
Thank you very much Ray for starting this thread. This is our first December trip to WDW. CP sounds wonderful, but like the other poster, we have a 2 year old and 6 year old with us. Question: If we have the CP package, can we sit anywhere in the reserved section? Or do we have to follow the queue and sit at the next available seat? We would like to sit at the end so that we can take our daughter out if she gets fussy without disturbing other CP audience. I think my 6 year old son would love to hear the choirs sing.

You can basically sit where ever you want too, except for a few roped off seats for some VIP's. You shouldn't have any problem sitting on the end of the rows. Since the package guests will be entering from the left side of the theater, you will see people being directed through the far left rows. Then almost everyone tries to get as close to the center as possible. Some people skip across along the second tier and go down the center part where the conductor podium is located to save their seat on the bench. Some people even sit in the second tier so as not to be to close. I like the last row of the reserved area myself, and near the center.

tclowe said:
Plus, there are three shows every night?

Each evening there are three shows -- 5:00 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 8:15 p.m

tclowe said:
If yes, which show tends to be less full (so waiting in line would be shorter)?

I really don't know. It depends on how many people bought the package for that day. Personally, I think that the weekends should be busier since the local Floridians will have off the weekend.

I would chose a night during the week on a night of the MVMCP. Maybe that should draw some of the crowd away.

tclowe said:
Also, if you book the CP dining package, is it like Fantasmic package and you get a ticket from the server, or is a ticket mailed to you before arrival (like MVMCP)?

Thanks for your help.
Cynthia

No, no ticket from a restaurant server. I don't know how they are going to do it this year, but in years past you could pick up your clear, plastic, convention type pin in whick you could put your CP package ticket on it. It would list the day and the time of the CP show, the type of restaurant that you could go to. You could pick it up at the Epcot ticket booth or at Epcot Guest Relations.

Sometimes they would let you pick it up at your resort at the Guest Relations desk. WDW used to announce this way years ago. I don't think that they announce this anymore, but several people last year said they went to their guest services at their resort and had their CP ticket info printed up for them. This would certainly be easier.

They have plenty of those plastic sleeve pins, and they just print up your ticket to put it in the see through sleeve. The ticket is made of thin paper, colored, larger than MVMCP tickets with no code bar on the back.

You just wear the pin on you shirt and they let you in.

There is usually an extra tear off piece of paper or voucher to hand to the server of your restaurant as their proof of you paying for the meal.

Have a great time.

Sincerely, Ray

DH and I are taking my mom, dad and sister (turning 13 on our trip!) this December. We are already spending SO much money for two grad students, but it's worth it because they are so excited.

I know that CP will be a highlight of our trip if we are able to go.... but I don't think we can afford the dinner package for 5 on top of everything else.

We will be at Epcot from open to close, so I think we'll be ok to wait a while in the standby line. I'm concerend though.... is there really a possibility that we wait 45 minutes to an hour and then not get seated?! I think they would all kill me.

We'll be at Epcot on Dec 17th, which is still pretty early -- but it's a Saturday. I hope that helps you experts figure out my chances :)

Thanks in advance! :wave:

Ooh, I'm subscribing to this thread!

My concern is I do not have a credit card, so my dad would have to pay for it on his (if I go with the dining package) - since my dad is not coming, would this be a problem? In fact, for all ADR's and such, do you ever need to credit card used to make the reservation with you in WDW?

TIA!

Ray - thanks for the thread! Have you ever been on Dec 30th to the show? We plan to arrive late afternoon on the 30th and stay the weekend and would love to see the show. Is the last night a madhouse?

VSL said:
Ooh, I'm subscribing to this thread!

My concern is I do not have a credit card, so my dad would have to pay for it on his (if I go with the dining package) - since my dad is not coming, would this be a problem? In fact, for all ADR's and such, do you ever need to credit card used to make the reservation with you in WDW?

TIA!

It will not be a problem! It's a "pre-pay" and it doesn't matter how it was paid for so don't worry! Also, most ADR's do NOT require any kind of credit card - exceptions being CRT and the Fantasmic Dinner Package. (I can't think of any others....), but there too, if your dad made the deposit/payment, it would just show up as being "credited" - doesn't matter who paid or how! HTH :goodvibes (actually, hope that makes sense :rotfl: )

Thanks so much! I'm quite relieved now :rotfl:

I'm not going to WDW this December but just wanted to share in the excitement :) .

My mum and I took a mother/daughter trip for Christmas 2003, and we did the CP dining package on Christmas Eve. It was one of the most memorable experiences I have ever had. I have virtually the whole performance on video. The narrator was Robby Benson (he of the Beast voice). He did a wonderful job.

I can't praise this show highly enough. I LOVE it.

For dinner - pre show - we ate at Akershus which was excellent. I wonder if it will still be used for the package now that the princesses have spoiled...sorry invaded....oops.....moved in!!!!!

I can't remember the show time we saw. I think it was the middle one, around 6pm? I know it was dark by then so the real effect could be seen.

The dinner package line was long, we stood near Japan pavilion, but nowhere near as bad as the standby line. It was crazy but it was Dec 24th after all. Our seats were very good although we could not get in the centre and had to sit at the side, even lining up very early. It didn't detract from the performance at all.

I hope one day to experience it all again. If you're going this year, have a magical time!

Louise

tink2020 said:
We will be at Epcot from open to close, so I think we'll be ok to wait a while in the standby line. I'm concerend though.... is there really a possibility that we wait 45 minutes to an hour and then not get seated?! I think they would all kill me.

We'll be at Epcot on Dec 17th, which is still pretty early -- but it's a Saturday. I hope that helps you experts figure out my chances :)

Thanks in advance! :wave:

Hi tink2020. I think that you would have a terrific chance of getting in since you are willing to wait in line about 45-minutes.

Even if they did stop short, you would be first in line for the next show. That has only happened to me once, but I was very far back in the line, and it was a day that they had a lot of VIP's taking most of the seats in the reserved sections.
I heard a lot of CP package people later said that they had to sit in the second tier because almost all of the VIP's were given the reserved, covered seating.

I waited and got in the last show and had a wonderful time.

So let me say again you should not have any problem getting in standby by being that early.

Sometimes there is very little of a line at all.

Last year there were several shows in which the theater wasn't even full.

Have a great time.

Sincerely, Ray

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter