Your top things to eat!!!! No ressies.

Both are on the list....so is taking in a Dodger and Angles game...I'll take any other dinner suggestions too!
Well then I second the Anaheim Packing House - such a great vibe!

Puesto is a SoCal chain that has stellar tacos. Get the filet mignon taco and your life will be changed. Lol My teenager asks to eat there every week. They have a location at the Anaheim Westin and one in Huntington beach

Mimi’s Cafe on harbour is a great value and good eats. Their muffins are legendary (I remember them growing up in Anaheim in the 80s). If they have their honey bran muffins buy some to take back to your hotel but be warned they weigh like a pound each.

In LA I love a classic - Phillipe’s for French Dip

Urth cafe is a yummy coffee/health conscious place with lots of locations

Anaheim and surrounding has some good pho spots as well as well as breweries

We are doing a day in LA including Dodger game....would mind a lunch suggestion. Nothing fancy but good tasting! Stadium food for dinner...any suggestions at either ballpark?

I spent a lot of time in that area and I did a lot of chain restaurants. L.A. Live (lots of restaurants) is pretty fun, but it's really active when there's an event at the arena (Crypto.com Arena, which is the former Staples Center). Grand Central Market is pretty good. It won't take much time so maybe go on the Angels Flight funicular railway. A ride is only $1, although it's cheaper if you've got the TAP fare card used for public transit agencies in LA County.

The classic place in LA is Phillipe the Original, which claims to be the birthplace of the French dip sandwich. They also have a 46 cent cup of coffee, although for decades they were legendary because it was only 9 cents. Maybe Olvera Street across from Union Station, which has a lot of quick service Mexican food. Maybe Little Tokyo? I went there because there's a classic Japanese-style dessert shop called Fugetsu-Do. But other than that there's a lot of sushi and ramen restaurants there.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSK
On our last trip:
DCA:
Flo's V8 Cafe (fried chicken and also a club sandwich)
Award Wieners
Shmoozies
Pim's (just had the Choco-smash bar and it was the best thing I ate lol)

DL:
Pooh's Corner for Tigger Tail
Alien Pizza Planet (for the chicken pasta thing in alfredo sauce which is good)
Red Rose Tavern (Grey stuff - it was delicious)

We are doing a day in LA including Dodger game....would mind a lunch suggestion. Nothing fancy but good tasting! Stadium food for dinner...any suggestions at either ballpark?
Too bad you aren't going to see the San Francisco Giants, there's some terrific food at Oracle Park. Maybe the Dodgers and Angels have upped their food game in recent years...

Not sure if you'll be able to find a bacon wrapped hot dog (aka "danger dog") after a Dodger game. They're an LA staple but has leaked out to other areas of California for years. Many are on what are likely unlicensed food vendor carts, but some might also be permitted now. I saw a bunch right at the exit to the Honda Center after I saw an NHL game there. Nobody shooed them away and I think I saw permits displayed. There might have been a few around Crypto.com Arena after a Kings game, but it was raining which might have made it difficult.

Not sure if you'll be able to find a bacon wrapped hot dog (aka "danger dog") after a Dodger game. They're an LA staple but has leaked out to other areas of California for years. Many are on what are likely unlicensed food vendor carts, but some might also be permitted now. I saw a bunch right at the exit to the Honda Center after I saw an NHL game there. Nobody shooed them away and I think I saw permits displayed. There might have been a few around Crypto.com Arena after a Kings game, but it was raining which might have made it difficult.

These are a staple in downtown San Jose whenever there's an event...they smell amazing and I have been tempted to risk food poisoning to get one many times.

Our list:

Jolly Holiday Combo
Jazz Kitchen Beignets
Plaza Inn Fried Chicken
Bengal BBQ Skewers
Horchata Cold Brew and Cinnamon Chips at RdZ
Churros
Dole Whip

These are a staple in downtown San Jose whenever there's an event...they smell amazing and I have been tempted to risk food poisoning to get one many times.

Had one once in Oakland after one of the Warriors championship parades. Might have been the only time. It was really weird too since I was walking with it in front of a local sports talk radio crew at a table where they were playing the feed without the typical delay). One host saw me carrying it and said something about it on air, and I raised it in acknowledgement. I was actually quite good and I didn't get sick from it. OTOH - I think they're already precooked, and being on the tray for at least a half hour is probably going to destroy anything that's still alive.

That was a crazy day too. Went to Oakland Chinatown for lunch with the family, and saw the former Mayor of Oakland.

But LA has just way too many options. Depends on how adventurous one is. I'm thinking Original Farmers Market, Pinks in Hollywood, Little Tokyo, Grand Central Market, etc. Glendale might be a good spot before or after a Dodgers game. It's not that close, but there's plenty of parking and lots of options.

Please post your top places and things to eat...non reservation places only. We are spending 5 days in Anaheim....with 1 at DL and 1 at CA.
Thank you!
*Corn dog from Corn Dog Cart, Main St, DL
*Beef skewers from Bengal BBQ, DL
*Grill cheese combo, Jolly Holiday, DL
*Spicy Veggie Bao Bun & Dole Whip, Tropical Hideaway, DL
*Turkey Leg, Main St, DL

***PLEASE AVOID ALL MEXICAN FOOD…IT’S ALL BAD!!! I’m Mexican and there is no good Mexican food at the parks but there’s plenty in the surrounding areas

***PLEASE AVOID ALL MEXICAN FOOD…IT’S ALL BAD!!! I’m Mexican and there is no good Mexican food at the parks but there’s plenty in the surrounding areas
While I would typically agree wholeheartedly (I live in San Diego so have access to stellar Mexican food) in the words of fellow DISer @DLgal ] - those birria tacos have no right being so good. Do not miss out on them, especially if your travels won’t bring you to other Mexican restaurants. I seriously dream about that consomme…

*Turkey Leg, Main St, DL

Any mexican restaurant recommendations in the area? Ty.

While I would typically agree wholeheartedly (I live in San Diego so have access to stellar Mexican food) in the words of fellow DISer @DLgal ] - those birria tacos have no right being so good. Do not miss out on them, especially if your travels won’t bring you to other Mexican restaurants. I seriously dream about that consomme…

I found a way to level up that consomme...buy a side of Cilantro Lime rice, add some to the consomme after your tacos are gone...boom, amazing soup.

*Turkey Leg, Main St, DL

Hard disagree. I eat "good" Mexican food a few times a week, but I find that Cocina Cucamonga offers consistently good Mexican food on par with any local, reputable hole in the wall taco place. The options there are solid. All of them.

If it wasn't good, it wouldn't be so popular/busy ALL the time.

I would say Rancho del Zocalo is less good, and serves decent, but mediocre "Mexican inspired" food. Although they do knock it out of the park with the desserts here.

We are heading to San Diego after 3 days at Disneyland and mexican food is on the list of things to get...any recommendations in the Anaheim area or San Diego area that are family friendly (will have 2 kids under 5 with us). We are staying in Escondido for a wedding if that helps at all.

We are heading to San Diego after 3 days at Disneyland and mexican food is on the list of things to get...any recommendations in the Anaheim area or San Diego area that are family friendly (will have 2 kids under 5 with us). We are staying in Escondido for a wedding if that helps at all.
“That Mexican Place” and “TJ Tacos” in Escondido for Mexican food

We were just talking about this! We always loved the Holiday bark they gave out for Christmas time!

I don't know if this is still available, but I found one of these for 99 cents in the holiday clearance bin at a local supermarket. Not sure if we're really going to make it or just eat the candy as is.

GUEST_15dadd36-d075-4c26-b4cc-ddd189b8b2af

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter