Your top things to eat!!!! No ressies.

Breakfast ronto wrap - GE
Hot popcorn from hub and a coke from coke corner
Churro gears - Maurice’s Treats
Garlic bagel twist - Maurice’s Treats (although something has changed this past year about this, not the same but still good)
Grilled chicken salad (me), Green Chile double burger (hubby) - Smokejumpers
All of the Bao buns - Tropical Hideaway

Loaded baked potato a Troubador Tavern
Jolly Holiday Bakery in the morning for a parfait both in Disneyland
I had to look up the Troubadour Tavern! I have been to Disneyland over 50 times in the last 10-15 years and I never knew this place EXISTED! Thanks for the tip! :)

Corn chowder in bread bowl at pacific wharf
Banh mi at lucky fortune cookery
Lobster roll at harbor galley (really great with a side of fries from somewhere else)
Alien macaron at alien pizza planet
Pork belly skewer plate at bengal bbq
Pork lumpia at Tropical Hideaway
Mummy macaron at jolly holiday (seasonal - Halloween)
Cookie butter churro ice cream sundae at the Golden Horseshoe (seasonal - Halloween)
Queso fundido (seasonal - DCA holiday food stalls)

Lobster roll at harbor galley (really great with a side of fries from somewhere else)
Ok, I gotta ask - as someone who lived in Boston for 6 years - is it New England good? I would love a local option to bring back those memories!

OP, if you have a sweet tooth try the Churro Toffee!!! I am *not* a sweets person but that toffee… ermegherd.

I missed the Churro Toffee food tip when I was there in August, but will be back this week and its ON THE LIST!!!! Thanks for the reminders.

+1 for Jolly Holiday Croissant for breakfast, or soup combo - in Disneyland (right off main street)
+1 for Jazz Kitchen Express beignets - in Downtown Disney (prepare to be covered in powdered sugar)
+1 for Coze Cone chilli cones in Calif Adv - by Cars Land

In Disneyland, for a healthy and super fresh salad that is fast - the Chopped Salad at the Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland. I find myself craving that salad - it looks boring but tastes great.

You can MOBILE ORDER all of these and make your life easy - you can play with the mobile order function and see menus long before your trip.

P.S. Try the wine in California Adventure in the early evening - makes your feet stop hurting and the lights are prettier - it's like miracle wine ;)

Last edited:
You said 5 days but only two in the parks, and nobody mentioned what might be interesting outside of Disney property.

Porto's in Buena Park.

https://www.portosbakery.com/locations/

I'm not sure what you might find interesting, but Anaheim Packing House is really fun. It's a former Sunkist Growers citrus packing facility that's been converted to a bi-level food hall for the most part, although with some shopping. There's also a bar outside and some surrounding businesses in the Packing District.

https://www.anaheimpackingdistrict.com/

Ok, I gotta ask - as someone who lived in Boston for 6 years - is it New England good? I would love a local option to bring back those memories!

OP, if you have a sweet tooth try the Churro Toffee!!! I am *not* a sweets person but that toffee… ermegherd.

I suspect they're not using fresh lobster meat. Or at least if it's live lobster it wouldn't be as good since they tend to degrade when kept alive. From what I've heard, there are legendary places in Maine.

Hot Link Corn Dog at Corn Dog Castle DCA
Pork Lumpia at Tropical Hideaway in DL
Pot Stickers at Lucky Fortune Cookery DCA (for some reason these are really good)
Any ice cream at Ghirardelli at DCA Pricey but so worth it.

I suspect they're not using fresh lobster meat. Or at least if it's live lobster it wouldn't be as good since they tend to degrade when kept alive. From what I've heard, there are legendary places in Maine.
Yes, yes there are - and I’ve been fortunate to have them. Always something you miss about a place, which is what keeps it interesting!

Does Ghirardelli still give out chocolate samples?

I've been to the Bay Area locations, including the outlet malls. They only give samples now if one specifically asks. But that may have a lot to do with staffing shortages. It seemed like they would have someone stationed at the entrance looking to hand out samples. And I believe it's still combined with Boudin, which supposedly bakes a lot of the bread used throughout Disneyland.

Breakfast Ronto Wrap - Ronto Roasters
Chicken Fusilli - Pizza Planet
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Chicken Pasta - Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta (most favorite meal ever! Have recreated it at home - that's how much I love it)
Churro gears - Maurice's Treats
Cinnamon roll cheesecake - Jolly Holiday (I think it's there now and if it is the same as the one from Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta) it is phenomenal.
Choco-Smash Candy Bar - Pym's Test Kitchen

You said 5 days but only two in the parks, and nobody mentioned what might be interesting outside of Disney property.

Porto's in Buena Park.

https://www.portosbakery.com/locations/

I'm not sure what you might find interesting, but Anaheim Packing House is really fun. It's a former Sunkist Growers citrus packing facility that's been converted to a bi-level food hall for the most part, although with some shopping. There's also a bar outside and some surrounding businesses in the Packing District.

https://www.anaheimpackingdistrict.com/
Both are on the list....so is taking in a Dodger and Angles game...I'll take any other dinner suggestions too!

What a great response to this...any Downtown Disney must do?
Thank you all!!!!!

I like the small made to order pizzas at Napolini. That's all they do now, when they previously sold slices. A lot of what they have there is pretty nice but somewhat overpriced. I do like Salt & Straw for ice cream. Some of their flavors can be really eclectic though.

When I pass through Downtown Disney I might stop at the Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian. I haven't done too much dining there, but they have lots of options. I do remember paying $11 for a beer at Hearthstone Bar at the Grand Californian, only to see the bartender open a can and pour it into a glass. But you're going to be paying a "Disney tax" for almost anything there.

But if you're heading to LA, then there are a bunch of suggestions I might have, but that's going down the rabbit hole with just way too much out there.

Closer the Anaheim, there's obviously Buena Park and Knott's Berry Farm. But if you don't have a lot of time then maybe Medieval Times or Pirates Dinner Adventure.

I like the small made to order pizzas at Napolini. That's all they do now, when they previously sold slices. A lot of what they have there is pretty nice but somewhat overpriced. I do like Salt & Straw for ice cream. Some of their flavors can be really eclectic though.

When I pass through Downtown Disney I might stop at the Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian. I haven't done too much dining there, but they have lots of options. I do remember paying $11 for a beer at Hearthstone Bar at the Grand Californian, only to see the bartender open a can and pour it into a glass. But you're going to be paying a "Disney tax" for almost anything there.

But if you're heading to LA, then there are a bunch of suggestions I might have, but that's going down the rabbit hole with just way too much out there.

Closer the Anaheim, there's obviously Buena Park and Knott's Berry Farm. But if you don't have a lot of time then maybe Medieval Times or Pirates Dinner Adventure.
We are doing a day in LA including Dodger game....would mind a lunch suggestion. Nothing fancy but good tasting! Stadium food for dinner...any suggestions at either ballpark?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter