• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You know your a Disney Family when....

---When you buy 4 mickey trivets from the disney store, then get graph paper to figure out how many tiles (and what size) will work best to tile the backsplash in your kitchen.

--when your nursery is done in Balloon pooh, then older son has buzz bedroom, then sons decide they want to bunk together, so you have a Buzz bedroom, Buzz playroom and Buzz bathroom.

--When your 2 1/2 year old answers the question "where do you live?" with "In Disneyworld"

--When that same 2 1/2 year old says with sincerity "Mommy, I go back to Disney World tomorrow?"

--When husband longs for a Mickey bar. Accepts no substitutes.

--You think $95 for a dinner "wasn't too bad" for 2 adults and 1 child! (Biergarten, BTW. $36 for a bottle of Spätlese)

--When the only things hanging on the walls in any room are Disney artwork and clocks!

--When it's a rare day when one of the four of you isn't wearing a Disney shirt!

Suzanne ºOº

and DD8 thinks the Disney version of "Mambo #5" is better than the original.....

Well, isn't it?:confused:

Anyway, you know that you are a Disney family when you drive a double yellow VW Beetle with the license plate Belle, have Beast and Belle attached to your back dash, and yellow Mickey ears hanging from your rearview mirror. Also, pretty much every piece of art in your home is Disney, and you could easily build the largest Disney Plush mountain known to man in your living room!:earsgirl: :wave: :sunny:

eeyore0062, Yes "disney mambo #5" is WAY better!
And I so want your car!!!! Our car is about the one place that hasn't been sprinkled with pixie dust ;)

I was going to post yesterday that someone in our family is always wearing disney, but two of you beat me to it! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I am now considering having a garage sale to put together tip, and souvenier money for our next trip.

(This is not a big deal for most of you, but I SWORE I would NEVER have a garage sale, EVER in my life!!!!) The things we will do to get our Mouse Fix!!!

Hey jldriscol,
We're having a yard sale this weekend to help support our disney fix!!! I was thinking of bringing out our cd player and play the soundtrack from the themeparks just to keep all of us "focused" on our goal!!;)

Originally posted by Colleen A.
Hey jldriscol,
We're having a yard sale this weekend to help support our disney fix!!! I was thinking of bringing out our cd player and play the soundtrack from the themeparks just to keep all of us "focused" on our goal!!;)

THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!!!!

I REALLY don't want to do it but 1. we have a lot of stuff that needs to be gotten rid of (notice I didn't say junk :rolleyes: ) and 2. MONEY FOR THE WORLD!!!!!
Ok if i use your idea? :P That would definately motivate me!

Maybe I'll read my guide book and make notes too between customers......

Ok you know you're a Disney family when all 9 of you pile into a mini van (because God knows you can't afford plane tickets) & drive 21 hours to WDW. You make this decision on Tues. & on Sat. pm you are there. For luggage you use space bags 1 per person only in a Large leather bag on top of the van & you all look like gypsies traveling down the road. OH..... Don't forget the 12 Disney movies you get to endure on the way there. :)

When you have a scrapebook just for your Disney trips...AND you are about 3 trips behind in your mounting and journaling that particular trip.

When your father (55 years old) calls you on the phone and says...Kimberly, I'm concerned about how many disney trips you have taken in the last year(3). This has got to be expensive.(He doesn't know about codes;) .

I know I've passed my obsession to my kids! Just yesterday my 11yo DS made a HUGE slip 'n slide on our front hill for the neighborhood kids, and posted a very large sign that read "SPLASH MOUNTAIN, JR.!"

I'm glad to read about all of you who are even MORE obsessed than I am....DH thinks I'm nuts....I can't even get to our up-coming vacation (11/02) without thinking about picking a date for our NEXT trip! :rolleyes:

..... when your 4 yo ds asks tells your dh, "You better get mommy a shoe for her birthday!"

:earsgirl: (possessor of one shoe!)

I have another one...

When your ds's, ages 3 and 7, sing the song from the Carousel of Progress in the car on the way to everywhere we go! "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow....."

Marcy

We are going down to Orlando in August to look at neighborhoods and homes, and taking our 8 yo with us. I told her what we were doing, and she said..." but, I couldn't POSSIBLY be THAT close to the Parks, and not ride the rides!" I guess I passed my obsession on to her. Of course, we now WILL be going to the park at least one day!

When you are moving to Florida and DD (6) says"Yeah we are moving to Disney World" We are trying to explain that DW is in Florida , but we are not moving to DW. We will of course be there all the time so maybe we are moving to Disney World .

:cool:

- When you admit to yourself that Disney Channel is the real reason you bought satellite TV

- When your child's daycare teacher says "Sam, you're goofy", 2-year old Sam replies "no, I Donald!"

- When your family has a serious discussion around the dinner table about Goofy versus Pluto, and the famed "what is Goofy, exactly" question

- When your favorite soothing or time-passing method with the children is "tell me about your perfect day at WDW" or "let's pretend we're going to WDW"

- When you own an embarrassing number of guidebooks

- When everyone in the family refers to every spare dollar or coin as "Disney money"

- When you have a Disney Box (I've heard of some who keep suitcases) under the bed that all of your travel stuff gets thrown into (like anti-bac wipes, travel games, extra film, park hopper passes, etc) as it is accumulated or left over between trips

I could go on and on! What a great thread!

- when one of your friends is going to Disney for the first time and calls to ask your recommendations and if you can loan them your "WDW with Kids" book.

- your hairdreseser remembers you as "that Disney girl"

- you wish that Disney would stop showing WDW commercials so that your favorite vacation spot doesn't get too crowded in February

- you converted your parents and they asked how they too could have a countdown on their desktop

- you have the newest Disney Sweepstakes page as your home page

Originally posted by catwho
[B- you wish that Disney would stop showing WDW commercials so that your favorite vacation spot doesn't get too crowded in February
[/B]

That is excatly how I feel about those commercials too!

We know we're a Disney family, becuase we begin planning our *NEXT* trip before the most current one has even gotten here yet! ;)

Originally posted by connor69
When you have a scrapebook just for your Disney trips...AND you are about 3 trips behind in your mounting and journaling that particular trip.

You too? Gee, I knew I couldn't be the only who could publish her own "Disney Pages Idea Book" :)

:earsgirl:

When one of your favorite Disney memories has been published in the Passporter!!:D

When the family van has not only an antenna topper (with a replacement in the glove box, just in case!), but 2 Disney license plates.

Your DH now owns almost as many Disney t-shirts as you do!

Your kids exchange any birthday or allowance money into Disney Dollars without being asked.

When your sister gives you her Disney Club # and her credit card # and gives you total access to plan and book her vacation (I have fun with my brother in law, if he teases me about something, I tell him he better be careful or he'll be paying for their vacation for the rest of their lives!:bounce: )

You know you're a Disney family when.......

you and your DH start talking about getting a dog and your DH wants to name it

HADES!

Addendum to our disney family list

When your kids each go to the doctor, get weighed and measured, and your comments are

"Alright, 4 more inches to Rock n Roller Coaster!"

"You're 4 inches away from Space Mountain!"

Needless to say, I convinced them that more veggies would get them to these goals quicker! My husband had a good laugh when he asked their particulars and I told him in that same manner!

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter