• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You know your a Disney Family when....

You record the Travel Channel WDW resort special 4 times on the same tape so you don't have to rewind!:cool:

When you save your yellow Mickey rain poncho as a "souvenier" even though you had to wear it EVERY day of your last weeklong trip because it POURED!

When you are "grumpy" for a week after you return from your trip because of severe withdrawal! (My whole family went through this!)

When your kids ask for the Disney World doughnuts...not Dunkin Donuts....LOL( I swear that the Trails End Buffeteria has the absolute best doughnuts in the entire world!!!)

When your two year old looks at any computer and says:

"Pooh, tickle, tickle"

OK, so we're a little geeky. He does DIS his way.

Does anyone here eat plain ol' round pancakes anymore?!:p Ours HAVE to be Mickey pancakes! :bounce:

Colleen

Hubby makes the pancakes in our house (only thing he cooks well;) ) I have gotten in SOOOOO much trouble with DDs several times for cutting up the Mickey's before they get to the table!!

When you are a DVC member w/ 600 pts.

When you own the Mickey toaster just so you can hear the Mickey Mouse Club themesong every morning !!

When everytime you go to the bookstore you buy another Disney guide book .

Thank goodness there are other families out there like mine! Our DD (3) sings zip-adee-doo-dah and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo! Some of the family looks at us a little strange!:) But we consider it normal.

One question: our mickey fish keep dying. How do you guys keep them alive? DD gets very upset when they die. It's hard to fish them out and hope she won't notice, since they have the shape on the tail! She notices everything!

Okay Tink, so it is not just me. My mickey fish did not last too long and we are pretty good at keeping fish alive (I had a goldfish for over 5 years). I have one suggestion- there is a thing called Stress Coat that you can buy at pet stores for fish (we go to Petco) and use it whenever you clean their tank or introduce new fish or transfer them at all. FH was at first a marine biology major, so this is one of the things we have picked up as far as keeping them alive. Maybe this will help. Use it somewhat liberally.

i have had my mickey fish since easter! we have them in a ten gallon tank w/ a filter, air pump, and a heater. (just a normal tank) we have 2 gold fish and a cory cat (bottom feeder) in with them. i use Tetra Aqua products and the two that i put in are the easy balance and aqua safe. both can be bought at walmart!
good luck keeping them alive!

When the number of trips you've taken cover at least one part of every month of the year.

When everyone at work consults you before they book their reservations.

When you can fill a bookcase with Birnbaum's and other guides starting from way-back-when.

When you go to WDW and never, ever have to ask directions to anywhere.

When even your Disneyphile friends tell you that you're over the edge.

And so on.....

DisneyVirginia

We make Mickey toast just to hear the song.

We remodeled our kitchen so we could decorate with a Mickey theme.

We watch the DVC promotional video over and over and we're already members.

We bought the overview video of the four parks last summer and DS (3) watches it 12 times a day, planning for our trip in August.

DD (6 weeks) has a Mickey shaped birth mark on her arm. Not that this was something we could plan, but all of our family and friends said, "It figures with you guys as parents"

We check the sattelite weather in Orlando everyday.

What a great thread! We thought we were the crazy ones!
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who listens to Illuminations every morning.
We TiVo'd all the Great Hotels from Disney, the WDW behind the scenes and a bunch of House of Mouse shows, transfered them into my Mac, and burnt them onto DVDs so we could watch them on our drive down and on the DVD players in the BCV this August.
(Even tho' I know we will really be watching the resort channel to hear the Zip-A-Dee-Do_Dah, tip for today song!) ;)

When you are at work playing Following the Leader (we work at a daycare), we sing "we're following the leader the leader the leader"...the Disney way.
The kids at work know that WTP is your favourite character.
You have a large hand drawn Lilo & Stitch on your windows.
Your Christmas tree consists mostly of Disney ornaments.
You have Mickey (or other Disney) antenna toppers on your car.

When I feel compelled to tell everyone we meet why they should do their vacation with the mouse and my 12 year old DS (who's too cool to talk to anyone) has to add his advice to the itinerary I've begun planning for them.

My 5 year old DD relates everything in her life to her experiences on HER 'Magic Boat'.

Our favorite part of Lilo and Stitch was the scrapbook photos of Stitch and his O'Hana on OUR "Magic Boat"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When your computer's....

start up message is "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom"
shut down message is "Please stand clear of the doors..."
background is a picture from Tomorrowland
screen saver is Toy Story 2
and your error message is "There's no turning back now"....

Posting to another thread reminded me of another one....
When your DD's first room was Disney baby themed, second 101 Dalm. themed and DD#2 has always had a Minnie Mouse room...

...and when your kids can't find the right characters on sweaters, their mother (me :) ) designs and makes them!!!

You know your a Disney Family when....

You have a specific spot in your house to keep unused park hoppers....

When you tell DS that someday you will go on a vacation somewhere besides Disneyworld and he says "Where else is there?"

When painting your bathroom using a ragging effect, you put 'hidden Mickeys' on the walls. :p

Dh and I did this on New Years Eve 2001 and we were both cracking up at my idea to put some Hidden Mickeys on the wall. You really do have to look hard for them. I thinkwe put 6 in there. So maybe when we move the new owners will one day spot a hidden Mickey! LOL!

Ooooh--I'm repainting my bathroom and you can bet it's gonna have hidden Mickeys! I LOVE that idea!

Okay.. when you live in Minnesota and have annual passes.

When every day you or your kids or everybody has some Disney clothing item.

When your kids only own Disney themed baseball caps and DD says, "Look, they have a ...hat!" Like she didn't know others even existed--and why would they?

When each of your kids has a Trips To WDW scrapbook!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter