• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yea!!! A Pod Squad Cruise is in the works -- Thanks Pete!

Ok...I only live a few miles away....and it's my job....but I still visit my fridge more.

And as for trivia.....I wouldnt worry about it.

Just be forwarned that we are giving Dianer a clip board and whistle and you WILL participate.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just kidding. Join us...it will be fun.

Just curious...do most of the people going on the podcruise already know each other from these boards?

I've been lurking Disboards since late fall for our first trip to DW, this past Christmas break. So I'm very new at this and we had such a blast at DW, DH said we could go on a DCL cruise in May 2009. I was so excited that I booked a 3-day one for the first week of May 2009 as soon as we got back. :rotfl: I just listened to our my first podcast and it was pretty cool, and I heard about this podcastcruise. I'm thinking about switching cruises.

Before I look into this further and spend more money moving to a 4-day (and convince DH it'll be a good move), I just want to ensure it'll be a good fit for DH and me. I love Disney but am not Trivia Queen. It seems some folks on these boards go to DW more times in a year than I visit my fridge! We're also travelling without kids. DH is laid back and just likes to relax on vacations. :cool1: Is this cruise kind of like a reunion of sorts for long-timers on the board?

(sorry for the long post!) :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

You should definitely go~! DBf and I don't know anyone but as Tonya said, we find most Disney fans in general are friendly people. When we were at Disney World in September, I wore my Dis shirt one day and had two people come up to me saying how they loved the site & start conversations. :)

Just curious...do most of the people going on the podcruise already know each other from these boards?

I've been lurking Disboards since late fall for our first trip to DW, this past Christmas break. So I'm very new at this and we had such a blast at DW, DH said we could go on a DCL cruise in May 2009. I was so excited that I booked a 3-day one for the first week of May 2009 as soon as we got back. :rotfl: I just listened to our my first podcast and it was pretty cool, and I heard about this podcastcruise. I'm thinking about switching cruises.

Before I look into this further and spend more money moving to a 4-day (and convince DH it'll be a good move), I just want to ensure it'll be a good fit for DH and me. I love Disney but am not Trivia Queen. It seems some folks on these boards go to DW more times in a year than I visit my fridge! We're also travelling without kids. DH is laid back and just likes to relax on vacations. :cool1: Is this cruise kind of like a reunion of sorts for long-timers on the board?

(sorry for the long post!) :goodvibes

cheers,

I don't really know anyone on these boards, and I"ve been around for a long time. The idea is just fun, and I'm hoping to get to know some people.

I've returned from my Disney cruise, and did I book this one onboard? Nooooo...but I booked 3 others!:rolleyes1 Maybe I should change one of them to the Podcast cruise! I've met quite a few DIS people, but most were at DIS-Con (2001 and 2002) and various MouseFest events.

I've returned from my Disney cruise, and did I book this one onboard? Nooooo...but I booked 3 others!:rolleyes1 Maybe I should change one of them to the Podcast cruise! I've met quite a few DIS people, but most were at DIS-Con (2001 and 2002) and various MouseFest events.

Yes you should...and that's an order! :teeth:

Just make sure you transfer the ressie to DU Travel so you won't be on the outside looking in. :goodvibes

Thx a mint for the replies! :goodvibes Given a recent thread I just wanted to check if I'd be crashin in on a Mouse party :grouphug:

I'll go convince DH now :rotfl2:

cheers,

I don't know a darned soul on this cruise but feel like I know everyone already! I think the people I feel the most sorry for are the experts at the Roundtable. All of us "stalkers" (I use that term loosely mind you!) feel like we know y'all but they haven't a clue about any of us!
Anyway, a Disney Cruise is a whole lot of fun BUT not nearly as much fun with a lot of Disney DORKS running around! And a 3 night is no where near as much fun as a 4 night!!! PLUS the 3 night doesn't have the parties that Pete and the crew is throwing! Have we convinced you yet???? :goodvibes

Yes you should...and that's an order! :teeth:

Just make sure you transfer the ressie to DU Travel so you won't be on the outside looking in. :goodvibes

Since you ordered me to...I called DCL and switched my Dec. 2009 4-night to the May 10, 2009 4-night! :woohoo: Now I just need to transfer that to Dreams.

Hey Nancy, that went really well -- so how come I can't get my kids to clean their rooms? :confused3

Welcome aboard (I've been saying that a lot today!).

Ok...I only live a few miles away....and it's my job....but I still visit my frideg more.

And as for trivia.....I wouldnt worry about it.

Just be forwarned that we are giving Dianer a clip board and whistle and you WILL participate.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just kidding. Join us...it will be fun.
So, KahtKam races????

Thanks for the welcome! :) I just filled out the online form to transfer the cruise to Dreams - yay!

i also don't know anyone.....but the disers are a friendly bunch...
on my first cruise, there was another couple from the disboard and it was really really nice 'knowing' someone else on board.....

imagine 'knowing' zillions of people.....and all of them as compulsively disney as me.......woo hoo.....it's going to be GREAT!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am SO tempted!! Long-time lurker and podcast fan... just starting to find my way around the boards and am already addicted! From what I can tell, Pete & the crew have the very highest of standards and I can only imagine the parties/activities they are planning. I'm sure it will be a first-class experience. And I'd LOVE to meet everyone! My only hesitation is that I'm single...UGH... and I'm not sure if it will be cost-prohibitive or intimidating to set-sail-solo. I've also never been on a cruise before. But I think I'll go ahead and get a quote and go from there...:)

I am SO tempted!! Long-time lurker and podcast fan... just starting to find my way around the boards and am already addicted! From what I can tell, Pete & the crew have the very highest of standards and I can only imagine the parties/activities they are planning. I'm sure it will be a first-class experience. And I'd LOVE to meet everyone! My only hesitation is that I'm single...UGH... and I'm not sure if it will be cost-prohibitive or intimidating to set-sail-solo. I've also never been on a cruise before. But I think I'll go ahead and get a quote and go from there...:)

Request a quote! The prices for singles are less than the price for two (but not 1/2). The worse that can happen is you can say it's too much and pass. There is no obligation and I'm happy to send you a quote.

Anyone on the fence should put a deposit on the cruise *now* before the rates go up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter