• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

So happy to find this thread!

I’ll be visiting the 20-26th and staying at Pop.

We usually go in December however this year I have to stay home and focus on school so May is my “I’m (finally) graduating college” trip!!

Yay! Welcome and congrats (early) on your accomplishment!

My ADR day was yesterday. I got:

Askerhus for 9 at 5:05 pm
Oga's for 4 at 8:15 pm
BOG for 9 at 12:40 pm
Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic package for 9 at 6:30 pm
Paradiso for 7 at 11:30 am
1900 for 7 at 5:45
Teppin Edo for 7 at 6:30

All but Oga's are my ideal time or within 10 minutes. I was hoping a little later for Oga's. We're getting the dining plan and I feel like it's going to be worth it.

Got my ADR's and got exactly what I wanted. The main trouble I had was MDE on my laptop and my phone both freezing up. Luckily I didn't have anything super had to get on my wish list.
I did notice on my phone Cape May Café had no availability on 5/2 at all but on the laptop I was able to get it. Weird but at least I could get it.

All but Oga's are my ideal time or within 10 minutes. I was hoping a little later for Oga's. We're getting the dining plan and I feel like it's going to be worth it.

Great ADRs!

I don't see you on the Traveler's list on front page - do you want to be on there? If so, just leave a post with your dates! (it's not a requirement ;) )

So happy to find this thread!

I’ll be visiting the 20-26th and staying at Pop.

We usually go in December however this year I have to stay home and focus on school so May is my “I’m (finally) graduating college” trip!!

Welcome! Welcome! :welcome:

Congrats on your accomplishment and what a way to celebrate! You're on the list!

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that they don't have ADR's ready for this yet, but I guess they don't know for sure when it's opening. But it has to be by May, right?? This will be a disadvantage for us if and when they eventually open them, as we'll be within our 180 days.

Yeah. :( I’m almost entirely sure the Touring Plans reservation finder is the only way we’ll get into that place at this point.

My ADR day is on Tuesday and I have no idea what I'm trying for. :oops: I've never planned a trip this far in advance, actually.
One of them is on my birthday!! :jumping1: I might just have to insist on this instead of a dessert party.

Nice! I actually wouldn’t stress it too much. Very few spots NEED to get booked at 180; BOG dinner, CRT, ‘Ohana are the big ones. 95% of restaurants you’re otherwise fine. And it’s still very possible to score those hard to get ones after the fact. My last trip and this quickie one I’m taking Vets Day weekend were both booked well into 180 days and I was able to land the handful of things I wanted.

Yay to another May birthday! Ours is a birthday trip also, mine is the end of May but pricing worked out better earlier in the month so that’s when we decided to celebrate. I’m still getting a button dang it!

Yay! Are you familiar with the Reservation Finder on Touring Plans? You don’t need the subscription to use it and it’s a godsend. I actually used it to get my Oga’s ADR for this Sunday in fact.

Got my ADR's and got exactly what I wanted. The main trouble I had was MDE on my laptop and my phone both freezing up. Luckily I didn't have anything super had to get on my wish list.
I did notice on my phone Cape May Café had no availability on 5/2 at all but on the laptop I was able to get it. Weird but at least I could get it.

Woo!! MDE is...special. I usually have my iMac, phone, and iPad out on ADR day and almost always have to switch between all of them at some point.

Nice! I actually wouldn’t stress it too much. Very few spots NEED to get booked at 180; BOG dinner, CRT, ‘Ohana are the big ones. 95% of restaurants you’re otherwise fine. And it’s still very possible to score those hard to get ones after the fact. My last trip and this quickie one I’m taking Vets Day weekend were both booked well into 180 days and I was able to land the handful of things I wanted.

Yay to another May birthday! Ours is a birthday trip also, mine is the end of May but pricing worked out better earlier in the month so that’s when we decided to celebrate. I’m still getting a button dang it!

I'm not too worried about it. The last two trips I went on were within the 180 days and I still got what I wanted.

:woohoo:Get the button!

Yay! Are you familiar with the Reservation Finder on Touring Plans? You don’t need the subscription to use it and it’s a godsend. I actually used it to get my Oga’s ADR for this Sunday

I've never used it but have heard it mentioned. I ended up getting a reservation another night. I'm still debating which night would be better.

ADR Day was a smashing success. We got everything we wanted at optimal times for us, a good mix of places we know we like and places new to us! This was the final tally:

5/2 - Spirit of Aloha
5/3 - L: Skipper Canteen, D: BOG
5/4 - L: Oga's Cantina
5/5 - D: Wine Bar George
5/6 - D: Garden Grill (lunch will be F&G booths)
5/7 - B: Trattoria al Forno, D: Homecomin'
5/8 - D: CRT
5/9 - D: Yak & Yeti
5/10 - HEA Dessert Party
5/11 - L: Kona Cafe

We can't figure out when to fit in breakfast at Kona and GF Cafe yet but I'm not stressing it since those ADRs are so easy to come by. In general breakfast ADRs we tend to make on the fly because the only ones you really need to be crazy prepared to get are PPO times and we're not a fan of those anyway. And I sincerely doubt this will be our final lineup because I'm the sort that loves to tinker with ADRs, lol. I'll grab what I know I want on ADR Day and then cancel or move things or add things nearly up until we go. I have to say today was painless though. No needing to switch between devices, the only hiccups I had on the website were a couple of times I needed to click twice to add a food allergy. Today was way less stressful than our last big trip in October 2018. I was frankly shocked to get 7pm Be Our Guest on only our second day. I'm hoping this bodes well for crowd levels.

Wow so happy it went so well for everyone!

Mine is Friday. Only making 4:

5/6 (Wed) - Toledo at 8 pm
5/7 (Thurs) - Skipper Canteen at 8:45 pm
5/10 (Sun) - Chefs De France at 8 pm
5/12 (Tues) - Via Napoli 8 pm

We have 5 more nights to eat, but those will be day of ADRs or bars/lounges. Or maybe even quick service if something looks good!

I'm a bit weird in that I have trouble staying a park for a whole day. I tend to get bored and want to go somewhere else.
Normally that's fine because if we want to leave, we leave, but our MK day with dinner at 8:45 at Skipper Canteen has me hoping I can stay in the park that long. There's no place to relax with a glass of wine either - like AK as Nomad lounge, DHS has Baseline Tap and Epcot has it all.

So I had an idea!

We plan to arrive at MK early afternoon (around 1 or noon), do 3 fast passes and whatever else. Then we can go to the new bar at Grand Floridian for a drink around 4 and relax with wine and a snack! Hopefully the walkway is open by May or we can just take the boat.
Spend an hour or so there just relaxing, then back to MK for evening rides and dinner.

Sounds like a good day, no?

Garrghhh!!!

I just looked at last year's calendar hours and looks like MK closes at 10 instead of 9 on the night I planned Skipper Canteen at 8:45. The point of that dinner was to miss the crowds leaving MK for the fireworks (we don't care to watch them).

Now if we eat then, we'll still be there while the crowds are gathering and get stuck trying to leave through the masses.

I don't want to eat later - thoughts? We tried leaving during the fireworks on a non-party night in October - it was madness. Maybe May won't be as chaotic? I really don't want to leave with the entire park at the same time.

boo.

Lord I spoke too soon lol. Our non dining was a bit harrowing. Neither Savi’s nor Droid Depot would allow me to book past 5/1 online or the app. Which was really disconcerting because me and the gf have had our heart set on having a super magical inaugural Star Wars Day in Galaxy’s Edge being huge SW fangirls. We saved up specifically for this and cut out other tours/experiences from our budget just for this.

So I set it aside knowing I would have to call for the GF spa appointment and our Oasis pool patio. Spa was taken care of, then I booked the Oasis patio and asked about the lightsabers and droids. Phone CMs get a lot of flack on here but both these ladies were awesome. We got it all booked!!! So on May the 4th we’ll be doing Oga’s, then building droids, then getting lightsabers!!! Idk how I’m getting any work done today lol I’m so excited!!!

Lord I spoke too soon lol. Our non dining was a bit harrowing. Neither Savi’s nor Droid Depot would allow me to book past 5/1 online or the app. Which was really disconcerting because me and the gf have had our heart set on having a super magical inaugural Star Wars Day in Galaxy’s Edge being huge SW fangirls. We saved up specifically for this and cut out other tours/experiences from our budget just for this.

So I set it aside knowing I would have to call for the GF spa appointment and our Oasis pool patio. Spa was taken care of, then I booked the Oasis patio and asked about the lightsabers and droids. Phone CMs get a lot of flack on here but both these ladies were awesome. We got it all booked!!! So on May the 4th we’ll be doing Oga’s, then building droids, then getting lightsabers!!! Idk how I’m getting any work done today lol I’m so excited!!!

Awesome!

I've been reading, a lot of people are having some trouble today with the site. Pages down, etc. Maybe that's why you had some trouble.

So we are excited for GE, but we aren't booking anything. We don't want lthe droids (well, I do, but vetoed) or lightsabers and really don't want to go to Oga's either.

I guess we just go and hop into the ride lines!

Garrghhh!!!

I just looked at last year's calendar hours and looks like MK closes at 10 instead of 9 on the night I planned Skipper Canteen at 8:45. The point of that dinner was to miss the crowds leaving MK for the fireworks (we don't care to watch them).

Now if we eat then, we'll still be there while the crowds are gathering and get stuck trying to leave through the masses.

I don't want to eat later - thoughts? We tried leaving during the fireworks on a non-party night in October - it was madness. Maybe May won't be as chaotic? I really don't want to leave with the entire park at the same time.

boo.

Would eating earlier help? You could be done by the time HEA was happening and maybe get out ahead of the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter