*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

FOP is 100% doable at 4+ days, though you’ll prolly get early afternoon times. I even managed to get one for next Monday, a holiday. Later than that in your week you’ll have your pick of morning slots.

SDD is still fiendishly hard to get FP. Probably the hardest next to Mine Train. And frankly not worth it to me—I’ve done it twice and it was cute but not worth the hassle.

We managed to snag an opening on FOP a few days ago for our December trip. It's just a matter of persistence (putting planning upcoming Disney trips over things you really should be doing instead :) ).

Some of our earliest May Travelers should be hitting their ADR day soon!

If you are still reading here, please take time if you can to check in and let us know how easy (or difficult) it was to book your ADRS. It may be of some help to others. :)

If you are still reading here, please take time if you can to check in and let us know how easy (or difficult) it was to book your ADRS. It may be of some help to others. :)

Ours is Monday! I get up at 6a anyway for work so it’s no big deal, I just set the alarm a few minutes earlier. We are putting finishing touches on our short list but so far:

Spirit of Aloha
BOG dinner (we loved it last year)
CRT dinner (ditto)
Garden Grill dinner
Homecomin’
Wine Bar George
Skipper Canteen (my gf’s fave)

There are some other places that are borderline/on the bubble but the above are definite goals. When they make Space 220 available it’ll be a priority. I doubt that will be before Monday though, lol. I’ll let you guys know how it went.

ADR day is tomorrow for us. Our resort day plans are still up in the air and probably will be until about a month out.

For 5-1 Skipper Canteen as close to 1 pm as we can get it.
5-2 Resort day, Cape May Café around 5:30 and Toledo around 7pm.
5-3 Yak and Yeti around 1
5-4 Other resort day. Cape May Cafe around 5:30 again and Toledo around 7.
5-5 No ADRs doing Flower and Garden.
5-6 Oga’s around 6. After getting Oga’s I’ll make one for Savi’s so that after making his lightsaber DH will be getting a congratulatory drink.

I’ll let you know how it goes in the morning.

Ours is Monday and we're ready! We don't really have a lot of big ticket ones outside of Ohana, and that's a few days into the trip. No princess meals this time, though I know the kids want to do Chef Mickey's again. Will report back once we're done.

When they make Space 220 available it’ll be a priority. I doubt that will be before Monday though, lol.

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that they don't have ADR's ready for this yet, but I guess they don't know for sure when it's opening. But it has to be by May, right?? This will be a disadvantage for us if and when they eventually open them, as we'll be within our 180 days.

Our day is Monday and I suppose I should get all of my plans in order. I think we will try for Tusker House, Bon Voyage, and maybe BOG breakfast.

Hmmm, AK after dark on a Saturday night. That is very, very tempting....we can still do our Epcot day, eat dinner and head over....

oh my gosh, it includes FOP.

We kind of have to do this, right???

Last edited:
Hmmm, AK after dark on a Saturday night. That is very, very tempting....we can still do our Epcot day, eat dinner and head over....

My wife and I love FOP, so if it was just the two of us, I could see going for it and just riding that as many times as we could. My DS was not super enthusiastic about it though, so I think MK makes more sense for us.

My wife and I love FOP, so if it was just the two of us, I could see going for it and just riding that as many times as we could. My DS was not super enthusiastic about it though, so I think MK makes more sense for us.

Yes definitely.

AK is my favorite park soooo - 5/9 Saturday was one of my planned Epcot days. AK DAH is from 9 to midnight. Can't pass that up....Will probably do Epcot morning to afternoon, come back and eat at hotel then go to AK after dark.

Then the next day do DHS day, hop over to Chef's De France for dinner at 8:00.

Yes definitely.

AK is my favorite park soooo - 5/9 Saturday was one of my planned Epcot days. AK DAH is from 9 to midnight. Can't pass that up....Will probably do Epcot morning to afternoon, come back and eat at hotel then go to AK after dark.

Then the next day do DHS day, hop over to Chef's De France for dinner at 8:00.

I feel like it's all starting to come together now. I have to rearrange my plans to make sure we have enough rest and recovery time, but I booked MK DAH for 5/5! Can't wait! I'll spend my lunch hour obsessing over the details now and seeing if I need to move around my ADR plans. Then I'll remind myself that I have to actually do more work this afternoon and not just Disney dream.

I feel like it's all starting to come together now. I have to rearrange my plans to make sure we have enough rest and recovery time, but I booked MK DAH for 5/5! Can't wait! I'll spend my lunch hour obsessing over the details now and seeing if I need to move around my ADR plans. Then I'll remind myself that I have to actually do more work this afternoon and not just Disney dream.

I'm nervous. Everything that's happened I don't want to purchase these tickets too early because they are non-refundable.
I'm hoping I can hold off until March maybe?

New schedule:

5/6 - arrive, Disney Springs maybe, dinner at Toledo (staying at Gran Destino)
5/7 - MK early afternoon to close at 9. Skipping night show in favor of 8:45 reservation at Skipper Canteens. Missing the madness!
5/8 - AK early afternoon to close, eating somewhere there, who knows!
5/9 - Epcot late morning to afternoon, dinner 3 Bridges at resort, AK DAH
5/10 - relax – Epcot evening -Chefs De France for dinner
5/11 – DHS – maybe Crews Cup dinner, maybe Baseline Tap?
5/12 – AK late morning if we want, Epcot evening, dinner Via Napoli and Epcot EMH at night.
5/13 - MK later afternoon to close - EMH at night. Dinner???
5/14 - DHS and whatever else
5/15 - home to Walnut and plans to adopt two more kittens!

Last edited:
I'm the odd man out here and I'm really happy that so far all the After Hours events are on days where we weren't planning to visit those parks. DS is 4 and it just wouldn't be worth the money for us to attend for just an hour or so, and I'm happy we won't get kicked out of a park early. I'll just have to hear about everyone else's experiences and am happy to do so.popcorn::

Our ADRs open on Thursday!! I have a TA handling it for me. I told her that the only rez that I'm really hoping for is Ohana on day 1. We'll see how that goes. I'm also in the boat of waiting to see what happens with Space220.

I'm the odd man out here and I'm really happy that so far all the After Hours events are on days where we weren't planning to visit those parks. DS is 4 and it just wouldn't be worth the money for us to attend for just an hour or so, and I'm happy we won't get kicked out of a park early. I'll just have to hear about everyone else's experiences and am happy to do so.popcorn::

Our ADRs open on Thursday!! I have a TA handling it for me. I told her that the only rez that I'm really hoping for is Ohana on day 1. We'll see how that goes. I'm also in the boat of waiting to see what happens with Space220.

You don't get kicked out of park early. :)

These aren't like holiday parties where the park closes early. Park hours are normal, night shows as normal and then you buy the ticket to stay the extra hours after park close.

We are only doing the AK one.

Not particularly, but we probably do want two again. Walnut needs buddies! We just see who's at the rescue and who speaks to us...

I agree, buddies are the best! Two of my cats are buddies, the third one is buds with the dog.

My ADR day is on Tuesday and I have no idea what I'm trying for. :oops: I've never planned a trip this far in advance, actually.

Also, in case people aren't watching the After Hours threads, they added regular DAH for the same time frame as the VAH already announced! My plans were set but now I have to rethink everything ...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/magic-kingdom-after-hours/

One of them is on my birthday!! :jumping1: I might just have to insist on this instead of a dessert party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter