*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I am so sorry to hear about Cashew. Everyone grieves in their own way, but sometimes when horrible events like these happen, having something happy to occupy your mind and look forward to can help you cope. I lost my cat Frodo on Christmas Day 2017 and although he was an old man at 17 years, it was devastating because I rescued him as a kitten. I basically threw myself into planning our trip last year and it really helped my mind at those times when everything felt so overwhelming.

Thank you. He's not the first pet I've lost, but he's hitting me the hardest. He was the sweetest, cutest little guy. His life was cut so short. :(

I think planning will help, but now I'm nervous something else will happen. So I won't believe I'm going until I land!

If you guys want, I can keep updating the first page. I'll just always have myself as tentative. :)

I saw in other threads that they announced more Villains After Hours dates, going through July next year. For this thread, the relevant dates in May are 5/1, 5/8, 5/14, 5/22 and 5/29 (all Fridays except 5/14, which is a Thursday).

For me personally, this sucks. First, we're there 5/2-5/8, but 5/8 is our departure date so we wouldn't be able to make it anyway. Plus, I wanted regular DAH, not Villains. Oh well.

We're excited because it works out well for us, but it sucks when dates don't work out. :( Especially when we book so far in advance and Disney loves to throw curveballs like this. I would have preferred a regular DAH too but I'm looking at this now as a fun add on for a longer trip where we will already have plenty of MK time, instead of DAH no wait/walk on substitute for a day on her park ticket. We are big villain fans. My gf is so excited too because she didn't get to come with me in August and she's never seen the Maleficent dragon, much less at night. (When we went last year, it was after the dragon had caught fire.) She is already talking about dressing up as Tamatoa, lol. At this point I am waiting for AK AH and hopefully a return of DHS AH or some kind of special event for Star Wars Day.

Thank you. He's not the first pet I've lost, but he's hitting me the hardest. He was the sweetest, cutest little guy. His life was cut so short. :(

I think planning will help, but now I'm nervous something else will happen. So I won't believe I'm going until I land!

If you guys want, I can keep updating the first page. I'll just always have myself as tentative. :)

If you need encouragement, we will be here! I was actually contemplating asking if anyone wanted me to copy paste into a new post like you had suggested since we have had some new posters drop in with their dates but if you're still up to keeping up the thread that's fine too.

If you need encouragement, we will be here! I was actually contemplating asking if anyone wanted me to copy paste into a new post like you had suggested since we have had some new posters drop in with their dates but if you're still up to keeping up the thread that's fine too.

I'm happy to update.

I'll go through thread since I stopped and add everyone this week!

Hi guys.

A quick update. Sadly we lost our little cat, Cashew, last Monday to lymphoma. He was only 4 yrs old. As you knew, we had to cancel the trip due to his medical costs. We adopted Cashew and his brother Walnut in December 2015.
I'm knocked over at how devastated we feel right now without him, but I won't go into that. We still have Walnut to spoil with love.

Earlier in the month we were lucky enough to get a pin code, so we did rebook at an amazing price. I don't want to say for sure we are going because now I feel like who knows what can happen (we sure never expected this).

But anyways I may pop in from time to time!

Losing a pet is the worst :sad: Especially given the circumstances surrounding your situation. Again, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

As kylenne said, though, maybe a trip is just what you need. Obviously it's the most painful right now. But we're talking about six months from now, and maybe you'll want to be doing something fun at that point, even if it doesn't seem that way right now.

We're excited because it works out well for us, but it sucks when dates don't work out. :( Especially when we book so far in advance and Disney loves to throw curveballs like this. I would have preferred a regular DAH too but I'm looking at this now as a fun add on for a longer trip where we will already have plenty of MK time, instead of DAH no wait/walk on substitute for a day on her park ticket. We are big villain fans. My gf is so excited too because she didn't get to come with me in August and she's never seen the Maleficent dragon, much less at night. (When we went last year, it was after the dragon had caught fire.) She is already talking about dressing up as Tamatoa, lol. At this point I am waiting for AK AH and hopefully a return of DHS AH or some kind of special event for Star Wars Day.

Yeah, I was just hoping with past precedent that it would fit nicely in our trip, either on the Thursday or the Monday (traditionally when DAH has been offered at MK). I'm not sure how I feel about the Villains event anyway, though I do love villains (who doesn't?) but seeing as it doesn't fit my dates, my choice has been made for me. I'm doing some rearranging, and I'm glad they announced it now, since we haven't booked ADR's yet and I was tentatively planning around DAH. Without that to worry about, I'm rethinking some things. Also,

She is already talking about dressing up as Tamatoa, lol.

this sounds amazing! Pics or it didn't happen!

I saw in other threads that they announced more Villains After Hours dates, going through July next year. For this thread, the relevant dates in May are 5/1, 5/8, 5/14, 5/22 and 5/29 (all Fridays except 5/14, which is a Thursday).

For me personally, this sucks. First, we're there 5/2-5/8, but 5/8 is our departure date so we wouldn't be able to make it anyway. Plus, I wanted regular DAH, not Villains. Oh well.

The 8th fits into our dates and I love villains so I'm thinking about doing that rather than a dessert party. I don't know much about what it offers though.

Hi guys.

A quick update. Sadly we lost our little cat, Cashew, last Monday to lymphoma. He was only 4 yrs old. As you knew, we had to cancel the trip due to his medical costs. We adopted Cashew and his brother Walnut in December 2015.
I'm knocked over at how devastated we feel right now without him, but I won't go into that. We still have Walnut to spoil with love.

Earlier in the month we were lucky enough to get a pin code, so we did rebook at an amazing price. I don't want to say for sure we are going because now I feel like who knows what can happen (we sure never expected this).

But anyways I may pop in from time to time!

I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a furbaby. Give Walnut extra cuddles from me!

I hope you stick around to chat and plan even if the trip is uncertain.

Yay!! So happy to find this! We have a trip booked for the 5-12 of May to tie in with my granddaughter possibly competiting at the cheer competition. It will be a fun but bittersweet trip since soon after the trip my daughter and her family will be moving to Germany for 4 years. So it will be one last blast for awhile. Starting to plot (plan?) dining reservations since I can book those next week!

Planning will help. And welcome back! I'm sorry you had to go through losing your little guy. I'm also glad to see you're willing to come back and try again.

I can't believe I haven't posted here yet when I booked way back in July :blush: We will stay at the Dolphin from the 4th to the 13th. My birthday is the 8th and I saw on a previous post that Villains After Dark is happening that day! The plan has been to do the CG brunch for the 10th which is Mother's Day, but now I am debating between VAD and the brunch. Wish we could do both but the budget is a little tight since we are also going to DLR next month.

We have not been to WDW in what feels like forever - 6 years - because we are now closer to DLR. Reading all the stuff that has been built/changed etc makes me feel like a noob :rotfl:

@Farro I am so sorry for your loss :grouphug:

edit to add - I already set up an alarm (the MSEP theme) on my phone for our ADR day - we are 2 hours behind so it is a good thing I work 3rd shift and will be ready to book that CG brunch!

Last edited:
My ADR day is next Friday!

We went from dining plan at Boardwalk to Yacht Club to where we are now - Gran Destino and dining plan out the window! Cashew was worth every penny spent and more though.

This trip is going to be different, not a lot plans outside of when I make fast passes. I don't think we are going to do any after hours either, unless AK has one at night.

I think I will make one ADR for Toledo the day we arrive (since staying there).
One for Saturday night at Chefs De France.
And then honestly, I think we are going to wing it! Just two of us, so we will book on the fly. Some days maybe Disney Springs, some days bar/lounge food, some days maybe just quick service. I'm not worried, we are flexible with times and we don't want any of the "biggies" ( character meals, Ohana, BOG, any sigs outside of Morimoto). I think this may be fun...

I still plan to be up on Friday to make my 2 ADRs. :p Then just play around to see what I could have gotten!

****************UPDATES*****************

I updated the first post with some flower/garden stuff, dates for Villains After Dark at MK and added an alert section. In the alert section I figure we can list any weird closing times, ride closures, etc. anything you guys think should be up there. Just post and I'll add. :)

I can't believe I haven't posted here yet when I booked way back in July :blush: We will stay at the Dolphin from the 4th to the 13th. My birthday is the 8th and I saw on a previous post that Villains After Dark is happening that day! The plan has been to do the CG brunch for the 10th which is Mother's Day, but now I am debating between VAD and the brunch. Wish we could do both but the budget is a little tight since we are also going to DLR next month.

We have not been to WDW in what feels like forever - 6 years - because we are now closer to DLR. Reading all the stuff that has been built/changed etc makes me feel like a noob :rotfl:

Yay for more May birthdays! My birthday is Cinco de Mayo so I'm going to have to have a margarita in Mexico with Donald. 😂 Have you done CG brunch before?

@Penny McMouse @SMRT-1 @bsmnt @Greg36 @Mmouse1588 @Wishfuiiy @lobolabo @Bethipooh4 @tzeitel

A big hello and welcome to all of you! :wave::wave::wave:

Sorry for the delay for adding you all the May Traveler List, but today's the day, you made it!!!

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Woo! :jumping1:

Edited to add: Oops, you have me down as 5/2 - 5/2. Should be 5/3 - 5/9 (we're driving down on the 2nd though!)

Last edited:
posting in two places :)

So this trip is going to be different for us, very unstructured, very fly by the seat of our pants.

We are doing zero rope drops, purposely choosing parks with EMH and reserving the right to hop anywhere if we get bored.

I planned this way leaving DHS as our 5th and 9th day to try and maximize fast pass chances. What's harder to get? Slinky Dog or Star Wars stuff (please take into account ROTR will be open when we go) - try for which on 5th and 9th day?
AK we have for our 3rd and 6th day - think we can get FOP in there?

I have us arriving early afternoons a lot, but that will change if we can only get morning fast passes for certain rides.

5/6 - arrive, Disney Springs maybe, dinner at Toledo (staying at Gran Destino)
5/7 - MK early afternoon to close at 9. Skipping night show in favor of 8:45 reservation at Skipper Canteens. Missing the madness!
5/8 - AK early afternoon to close, eating somewhere there, who knows!
5/9 - Epcot early afternoon to close, dinner at Chefs De France
5/10 - DHS - EMH in morning, but we are...skipping, arrive early afternoon, dinner up in the air! Disney Springs, Crews Cup...
5/11 - AK same as above - also morning EMH which we may or may not do.
5/12 - Epcot late afternoon and staying for EMH at night. Dinner Via Napoli
5/13 - MK later afternoon to close - EMH at night. Dinner???
5/14 - DHS and whatever else
5/15 - home to Walnut and plans to adopt two more kittens!

How's this for a plan? Also, maybe we will do a morning somewhere, come back to hotel to swim and then go back out to park a night. Or head to DS at night. Who knows...

Thoughts? Advice? Two adults, no kids. Pool time is nice but we don't need it everyday. We do enjoy wine time. :)

Last edited:
posting in two places :)

So this trip is going to be different for us, very unstructured, very fly by the seat of our pants.

We are doing zero rope drops, purposely choosing parks with EMH and reserving the right to hop anywhere if we get bored.

I planned this way leaving DHS as our 5th and 9th day to try and maximize fast pass chances. What's harder to get? Slinky Dog or Star Wars stuff (please take into account ROTR will be open when we go) - try for which on 5th and 9th day?

No fast passes out for Star Wars stuff yet. Who knows if they'll be doing it by May.
We were able to get FOP fast passes when AK was on our 4th day the year it opened. It was after 8:00 pm, though.

I have us arriving early afternoons a lot, but that will change if we can only get morning fast passes for certain rides.

My inner rope dropper has a small fit every time I see something like this. But I'm a morning person and would be up by 7 anyway.

5/6 - arrive, Disney Springs maybe, dinner at Toledo (staying at Gran Destino)
5/7 - MK early afternoon to close at 9. Skipping night show in favor of 8:45 reservation at Skipper Canteens. Missing the madness!
5/8 - AK early afternoon to close, eating somewhere there, who knows!
5/9 - Epcot early afternoon to close, dinner at Chefs De France
5/10 - DHS - EMH in morning, but we are...skipping, arrive early afternoon, dinner up in the air! Disney Springs, Crews Cup...
5/11 - AK same as above - also morning EMH which we may or may not do.
5/12 - Epcot late afternoon and staying for EMH at night. Dinner Via Napoli
5/13 - MK later afternoon to close - EMH at night. Dinner???
5/14 - DHS and whatever else

5/8 and 5/11 - Have you thought about getting a Landry's card? Yak and Yeti, along with Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex, is a Landry's restaurant. You have to pay $25 for one but you get a $25 credit on your account and anytime your birthday rolls around you'll have another $25 to use for that month. It also gets you seated faster.

5/15 - By far my favorite part of your plan! Are you thinking tree nuts for the next two or possibly another naming theme?

Your plan looks great to me! I like the go with the flow planning style you've adopted.

I haven't been since 2017, but FOP seemed easier to get later in the week then. I would assume SDD would be the same. 🤷‍♀️ Who knows if they'll even offer FP for the new Star Wars stuff then.

How's this for a plan? Also, maybe we will do a morning somewhere, come back to hotel to swim and then go back out to park a night. Or head to DS at night. Who knows...

Thoughts? Advice? Two adults, no kids. Pool time is nice but we don't need it everyday. We do enjoy wine time. :)

Kitties is the best part of the plan! Are you looking for litter-mates again?
Also, wine time. 😁

No fast passes out for Star Wars stuff yet. Who knows if they'll be doing it by May.
We were able to get FOP fast passes when AK was on our 4th day the year it opened. It was after 8:00 pm, though.

My inner rope dropper has a small fit every time I see something like this. But I'm a morning person and would be up by 7 anyway.

5/8 and 5/11 - Have you thought about getting a Landry's card? Yak and Yeti, along with Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex, is a Landry's restaurant. You have to pay $25 for one but you get a $25 credit on your account and anytime your birthday rolls around you'll have another $25 to use for that month. It also gets you seated faster.

5/15 - By far my favorite part of your plan! Are you thinking tree nuts for the next two or possibly another naming theme?

Your plan looks great to me! I like the go with the flow planning style you've adopted.

Hi - at AK we would eat at either quick service or Nomad Lounge.

We used to rope-drop all the time, but honestly since fast pass + we don't feel the need as much.

So we are retiring the nut series since Cashew died. :(
We will go with fruit next time - grape and raisin (goes for both boys or girls!)

I haven't been since 2017, but FOP seemed easier to get later in the week then. I would assume SDD would be the same. 🤷‍♀️ Who knows if they'll even offer FP for the new Star Wars stuff then.

Kitties is the best part of the plan! Are you looking for litter-mates again?
Also, wine time. 😁

Not particularly, but we probably do want two again. Walnut needs buddies! We just see who's at the rescue and who speaks to us...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter