*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I know! I'm so excited to hit this milestone!

Because of the conversations here, I decided to check into the flight options we currently have listed available to us. I refuse to take a layover when the nonstop flight is only 2-2.5 hours. My nonstop options aren't very good though. The airline we typically travel is only listing a 5pm outbound flight from our home. I'm hoping they add an additional flight on. It appears that the airline has 2 flights to Orlando every Tuesday until about December and then Tuesdays only have this 5pm flight listed. I'm really hoping they make a change because I know it's a very popular route. The alternative airline is about $900 more. At that rate, I might as well add on an extra day at the beginning of the trip and pay the cost of the room instead of the cost of the airline so that I don't call that Tuesday a complete wash.

Yikes, I hope you can get things sorted. We’re kind of spoiled for flight options in NYC and it’s sometimes easy to forget that. If you do end up needing to add on a day, ASM seems pretty popular for that especially since they’ve pretty much completed the room refurbs. Looks very similar to Pop. I would have done it myself for my quickie November solo weekend at BC but there was no availability left.

Yikes, I hope you can get things sorted. We’re kind of spoiled for flight options in NYC and it’s sometimes easy to forget that. If you do end up needing to add on a day, ASM seems pretty popular for that especially since they’ve pretty much completed the room refurbs. Looks very similar to Pop. I would have done it myself for my quickie November solo weekend at BC but there was no availability left.

I forgot you were a New Yorker too ... and you're leaving the same day as us ... and staying at the same resort. We're sure to run into each other at some point, no?

I'm ready to start making some ADR's. The trip is still so far away, at least that feels like something is happening. Now if only they would open up reservations for Space 220 ...

I forgot you were a New Yorker too ... and you're leaving the same day as us ... and staying at the same resort. We're sure to run into each other at some point, no?

I'm ready to start making some ADR's. The trip is still so far away, at least that feels like something is happening. Now if only they would open up reservations for Space 220 ...

Seems like it! And I’m pretty hard to miss, with purple hair. :rotfl2:

We are still narrowing down our list of ADRs but GF has told me in no uncertain terms that we HAVE to eat in Space. She also wants to do Spirit of Aloha since she hasn’t been to Hawaii ever and has never been to a luau. I did when I was 10, and I’ve heard mixed things about this one, but I figure the unlimited sangria will help if it’s bad.

Seems like it! And I’m pretty hard to miss, with purple hair. :rotfl2:

We are still narrowing down our list of ADRs but GF has told me in no uncertain terms that we HAVE to eat in Space. She also wants to do Spirit of Aloha since she hasn’t been to Hawaii ever and has never been to a luau. I did when I was 10, and I’ve heard mixed things about this one, but I figure the unlimited sangria will help if it’s bad.

Alright, I'll keep my eyes open for purple hair, lol!

Space is definitely on the short list for ADR's for us. We also missed out on Ohana last time, despite my best efforts, and my wife definitely wants to do that one so that's pretty high on the priority list this time around.

Still debating return flights, but we're kicking around the idea of taking a later flight home and giving us an extra 4-5 hours or so on our departure day. We're thinking about going to Disney Springs that morning - we've never been. Is it worth it? We'll have two young kids so I don't know how much there is for them to care about there (except buying more stuff, lol!) but I thought it might be nice to see. Personally, I wanted to check out Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar for the ambiance (as an Indiana Jones fan).

Still debating return flights, but we're kicking around the idea of taking a later flight home and giving us an extra 4-5 hours or so on our departure day. We're thinking about going to Disney Springs that morning - we've never been. Is it worth it? We'll have two young kids so I don't know how much there is for them to care about there (except buying more stuff, lol!) but I thought it might be nice to see. Personally, I wanted to check out Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar for the ambiance (as an Indiana Jones fan).

We like to fly out late to maximize our time especially given that the Tragical Express wants you back so early.

My solo trip last month was the first time I had ever been to Disney Springs because I thought it was just a glorified outdoor mall. The type of dime a dozen place I saw when I lived briefly out west. But I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved it. Yes it’s shopping and dining but the theming is beautiful and the atmosphere is so cool. We’re determined to do at least one date night there and it will be a staple of future trips.

I think it’s still worthwhile with kids. There’s the LEGO store, fun kid friendly places to eat and if you plan on Memory Maker there’s a cool Photopass studio. Kids would get a kick out of watching the Amphicars too.

We like to fly out late to maximize our time especially given that the Tragical Express wants you back so early.

My solo trip last month was the first time I had ever been to Disney Springs because I thought it was just a glorified outdoor mall. The type of dime a dozen place I saw when I lived briefly out west. But I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved it. Yes it’s shopping and dining but the theming is beautiful and the atmosphere is so cool. We’re determined to do at least one date night there and it will be a staple of future trips.

I think it’s still worthwhile with kids. There’s the LEGO store, fun kid friendly places to eat and if you plan on Memory Maker there’s a cool Photopass studio. Kids would get a kick out of watching the Amphicars too.

Thanks for the info! I think we’re kind of talking ourselves into doing it just to add a little more vacation at the end of our vacation.

Don’t you have another solo trip coming up? I’m jealous! Though I don’t know if I could tell my wife and kids that I was heading to WDW without them, lol!

Thanks for the info! I think we’re kind of talking ourselves into doing it just to add a little more vacation at the end of our vacation.

Don’t you have another solo trip coming up? I’m jealous! Though I don’t know if I could tell my wife and kids that I was heading to WDW without them, lol!

Yeah I got AP itis and booked a last minute Veterans Day weekend trip at BC for Food and Wine lol. It’s easier for me to get off work than the gf and I felt bad at first but she gets a lot of vicarious happiness and we FaceTime a lot. I can also scout out things to do when we go together.

Just booked POR may 16th to may 24th. So excited. I haven't stayed at the hotel since i was little. I haven't been in may since i was little either. It will be me my husband and our 3 year old (1 month away from 4 at that time) son. I think were going to do 6 park days and 1 day to blizzard beach then at night do story book dining at wilderness lodge. We would love to try a new place and see a different hotel and my son loves any and all characters.

Hey friends! My family decided that we were April/May trippers at Pop Century today! 4/29-05/04 AND I AM STOKED. It's right before my graduation(NEVER TOO LATE, FOLKS!) and a day after my mom's birthday, so we'll just celebrate that for her too. We wanted to go when it wasn't BLISTERING and when they had the flower festival for my mom. I can't wait to make new friends here.

Hey friends! My family decided that we were April/May trippers at Pop Century today! 4/29-05/04 AND I AM STOKED. It's right before my graduation(NEVER TOO LATE, FOLKS!) and a day after my mom's birthday, so we'll just celebrate that for her too. We wanted to go when it wasn't BLISTERING and when they had the flower festival for my mom. I can't wait to make new friends here.

Welcome! Some of your reasons are the same as the ones we had for booking an early May trip (hopefully not blazing hot, plus Flower & Garden at Epcot). We're getting excited with our ADR day coming up in a few weeks!

My husband agreed to do a split stay now instead of all time at POR. Its the aame price for studio villa 4 nights at wilderness,beach club and boardwalk. Which would you guys do?? Ive never stayed at wilderness lodge before. Its him, me and our 3 year old and were doing all parks

My husband agreed to do a split stay now instead of all time at POR. Its the aame price for studio villa 4 nights at wilderness,beach club and boardwalk. Which would you guys do?? Ive never stayed at wilderness lodge before. Its him, me and our 3 year old and were doing all parks

It all depends on where you think you’ll spend most of your time tbh. Conventional wisdom says most trips with littles will be focused on MK, in which case Wilderness Lodge would be my pick. I like Boardwalk the least of the Crescent Lake resorts (weird layout, creepy clown pool, all your dining is outside on the Boardwalk itself) and would always pick BC/YC over it. But as great as Stormalong Bay is, parents tend to report that it’s much harder to keep track of kids that young there.

I would go with WL. You have Ft Wilderness right next door for the campfire with Chip n Dale too.

It all depends on where you think you’ll spend most of your time tbh. Conventional wisdom says most trips with littles will be focused on MK, in which case Wilderness Lodge would be my pick. I like Boardwalk the least of the Crescent Lake resorts (weird layout, creepy clown pool, all your dining is outside on the Boardwalk itself) and would always pick BC/YC over it. But as great as Stormalong Bay is, parents tend to report that it’s much harder to keep track of kids that young there.

I would go with WL. You have Ft Wilderness right next door for the campfire with Chip n Dale too.

Thank you. The thing your listed about boardwalk are what is keeping me away from picking it. I keep thinking but its close to 2 parks. I stayed at it when i was little and honestly i was like 10 but still remember how far our room waa from everything. We have stayed at yc/bc several times and growing up it was hands down my favorite for the pool and ice cream shop and overall feel. However, when we stayed there last year with our son 2 years old at the time i felt like there waa too much going on and the whole place felt hectic to me. But was thinking since he was gonna be almost 2 years older maybe not so bad. Everything looks good at WL to me but ive been reading too many reviews. there are so many positive ones but then i see negative saying how its the cheapest of the deluxe resorts and you can tell in many aspects. So then i start thinking again how boardwalk and beach club are usually more $$ but with discount coming up the exact same as WL. Im torturing my husbans and mostly myself with this decision. I booked WL but keep second guessing myself with BC possibility. Thanks for your input

I have nothing to add to the resort discussion, having not stayed in any of those places. But I find it interesting, because I had Boardwalk on my short list of possible destinations for a future trip. Maybe I should reconsider that, based on the comments here. I wanted to try a Crescent Lake resort but perhaps it should be Beach Club.

I have nothing to add to the resort discussion, having not stayed in any of those places. But I find it interesting, because I had Boardwalk on my short list of possible destinations for a future trip. Maybe I should reconsider that, based on the comments here. I wanted to try a Crescent Lake resort but perhaps it should be Beach Club.

You can always look at YouTube videos to get a feel for the resorts. There’s a ton of resort tours on there. I know TimTracker had a series where he went to basically all of them a while back but other channels have more recent ones if you search.

Hello fellow May travelers! My husband, friend, and I are going for my 30th birthday (yaaay!). We're staying at POP and will be there from 5/2 - 5/9. We're driving from Michigan, which should be an adventure in and of itself. :drive:

As of right now we've discussed dining options and what we're going to complete in each park on my birthday for 4 parks 1 world. My husband and I are planning on buying APs for the first time ever as we're also planning on traveling in June. I'm not sure what other information to include, so here we go. 🤷‍♀️😂

I saw in other threads that they announced more Villains After Hours dates, going through July next year. For this thread, the relevant dates in May are 5/1, 5/8, 5/14, 5/22 and 5/29 (all Fridays except 5/14, which is a Thursday).

For me personally, this sucks. First, we're there 5/2-5/8, but 5/8 is our departure date so we wouldn't be able to make it anyway. Plus, I wanted regular DAH, not Villains. Oh well.

Hi guys.

A quick update. Sadly we lost our little cat, Cashew, last Monday to lymphoma. He was only 4 yrs old. As you knew, we had to cancel the trip due to his medical costs. We adopted Cashew and his brother Walnut in December 2015.
I'm knocked over at how devastated we feel right now without him, but I won't go into that. We still have Walnut to spoil with love.

Earlier in the month we were lucky enough to get a pin code, so we did rebook at an amazing price. I don't want to say for sure we are going because now I feel like who knows what can happen (we sure never expected this).

But anyways I may pop in from time to time!

Hi guys.

A quick update. Sadly we lost our little cat, Cashew, last Monday to lymphoma. He was only 4 yrs old. As you knew, we had to cancel the trip due to his medical costs. We adopted Cashew and his brother Walnut in December 2015.
I'm knocked over at how devastated we feel right now without him, but I won't go into that. We still have Walnut to spoil with love.

Earlier in the month we were lucky enough to get a pin code, so we did rebook at an amazing price. I don't want to say for sure we are going because now I feel like who knows what can happen (we sure never expected this).

But anyways I may pop in from time to time!

I am so sorry to hear about Cashew. Everyone grieves in their own way, but sometimes when horrible events like these happen, having something happy to occupy your mind and look forward to can help you cope. I lost my cat Frodo on Christmas Day 2017 and although he was an old man at 17 years, it was devastating because I rescued him as a kitten. I basically threw myself into planning our trip last year and it really helped my mind at those times when everything felt so overwhelming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!