Wow...Outrage over Stroller Rental Price Increase...What's that About?

people are actually internet arguing.............the way i see it, prices will be what they are, pay it or dont pay it, if people lie to themselves to get a EVC, that is on them............those are not cheap, and they are only hurting themselves if they really dont need it, doesnt hurt me any.......my brother is handicapped, cerebral palsy, he would do anything NOT to need a motorized scooter in disney.........he uses a evc and if someone doesn't want to purposely get out of his way, I say run the jerk over.............he is polite and will move for anyone but seriously, if you deciding wether he needs it or not (he isnt lazy or fat) and you get run over in the mean time, sue him, he is on disablity, he really doesn't have anything.............maybe that person who thinks they can tell if someone is really handicapped or just fat or lazy better think twice or she may be renting a evc because someone ran her over in disney........:rotfl2: people will do what they want for many reasons, dont judge them...........geesh. Its my money, if I want to rent a scooter, I will..............I am a nurse, perhaps that psychic woman can tell me what is wrong with all the misdiagnosed patients and tell me......work would be so much easier:banana:

"excuse me sir, are you crippled for real or are you just fat and lazy?"
"miss, let me see you walk, I think your just lazy and fat but I want to be sure before I move for you?"
:yay:

you should wear a shirt that says, "i move only for the real crippled", "if your fat and lazy I wont move"

Please tell me you are kidding.

(he isnt lazy or fat)
or just fat or lazy better think twice
"excuse me sir, are you crippled for real or are you just fat and lazy?"
I think your just lazy and fat but I want to be sure
"if your fat and lazy I wont move"
These two words are not synonyms. :angel:

I have to say I am VERY upset at the price increase. The price increase will effect everyone, trust me. I refuse to pay $30 a day to rent a stroller so I will be bringing my own, LARGE double jogging stroller. Yep, I will be lugging it onto and off of the buses and monorails. I am sure I will not be the only one. As if transportation wasn't over crowded at times as is. Joy! :woohoo:

people really do get angry that people rent strollers and evc? geesh?

Thank goodness you are kidding. I could not care less what people rent and/or ride as long as they do not run me over.

My point is this, Disney puts a ton of pressure out there on parents of young children to share the magic with their kids. I would have been at Disney anyhow b/c I was raised on it and again it's a Disney synergy thing. Like a right of passage for so many with young kids. "Well, we gotta take them to Disney World at least once."

And then when you come in the door which they have laden with other promises: $1600 vacations :-)laughing: ); Disney Magical Beginnings; Extravagant Parties they nickel and dime you here as well. The very age group that needs the strollers are the one's who will be at the fuzzy end of the lollipop here. I have one on the cusp, and another who would never make it to Fantasyland cause his legs are 1/3 of the length as mine and DH. We NEED that stroller. But, you know, I have no issue with buying an umbrella stroller for my 3 year old.

I tend to agree with the above poster who mentioned hubris. I also believe (like Earl) in Karma. The folks who love Disney will be able to find a way around it, b/c they will have planned for it meticulously. The folks I feel for are the ones we will see standing gape mouthed at the stroller rental with wallets in hand and a look of "You've got to be kidding me, how much?!" And if you nickel and dime people too much and they aren't quite your devotees anyhow you lose what could have been a long term customer. Short term gain here on Disney's part.

I had a friend of my husbands who went down there. Said he had a wonderful time but warned my hubby "Be prepared to spend everything in your wallet." And I found that actually very telling. I may be blinded by my childhood and my delight in all things with three interconnecting black circles. A fresh perspective sometimes is what is needed. I actually hope Disney loses business on this so they will rethink these decisions that don't make a lick of sense.

I tend to agree with the above poster who mentioned hubris. I also believe (like Earl) in Karma. The folks who love Disney will be able to find a way around it, b/c they will have planned for it meticulously. The folks I feel for are the ones we will see standing gape mouthed at the stroller rental with wallets in hand and a look of "You've got to be kidding me, how much?!" And if you nickel and dime people too much and they aren't quite your devotees anyhow you lose what could have been a long term customer. Short term gain here on Disney's part.

This is what I've been saying!

Ok, you got the mom and dad at home planning their 1st trip to Disney, they aren't crazy Disney planners like most of use here, just a regular family, already maybe balking a bit at the price of the trip, but they have 3 year old and a 4 year old and they want to take them to Disney! They debate about bringing their big bulky double stroller and decide "Nah, we'll rent one when we get there." and THEN, they get there, they have already realized the trip is expensive and now they see it's gonna cost them over $150 to rent the stroller for a five days? And BAM, before they even enter a single park they have a bad taste in their mouth....I can hear it now.....
"Well, I can guarantee we won't be coming back here again!"

I think this is is just a method of crowd control. Although not a very smart one.

I do feel the strollers are much to big. Trying to get into some rides and pavilions is very difficult due to all the extra strollers. Disney has to hire many full time cast members just to move strollers all day.

I get tired of the sea of strollers especially the ones that are used to clear a path, you just shouldn't have put your leg there.

However. Some people need a stroller. I don't want to see them suffer. Disney should have replaced their strollers. Went with smaller styles. Ones that are not so convenient to use as a package sled. One that larger kids can't fit into.

Wow! Great article! Thanks so much for posting the link!

I LOVED the last 3 paragraphs on page 2!!!! I have been trying to express the exact same thing, but wasn't able to do it nearly as eloquently as Kevin did.

Well, the stroller price increase was just too much for us! We are traveling in August for our annual trip with friends, and we were going to rent a stroller for our 4 & 5 y/o's as we did last year- but for 9 days it was way too steep to justify.
So my friend and I searched the web and found a great double jogger with a front swivel wheel by instep for $150, $165 with shipping! A great deal and we will have something to sell when we are done-
So please forgive us when we are hauling our big double stroller onto the buses, we will do our best to squish in the smallest place possible ;)
Just refused to pay those prices! :sad2:

That was a great article. We just got a great deal on a Peg Perego P3 lightweight stroller. It is really compact and we get to keep it. It was only $126 on Ebay brand new. So instead of money down the drain we get to keep our stroller. So the increase in price caused a lost customer for Disney and a benefit for us. Thankfully I knew about the changes and could prepare before our trip. I really do feel bad for those who dont know like the article stated.

:scared1:

I just went to budget's site. For a week starting 4/6, you can rent 5 different classes of cars at MCO for less than $17/day!

$31/day for a stroller?

:confused3 :confused: :headache: :mad:

I know- When I sent my email I shared with them what $310 (what we would spend on a 10 day trip) really could buy and how could they justify that much for a stroller. EX:

-2-3 extra nights in a hotel
-3 days of dining plan
-a 10 day child's ticket
- 2 days in a water park for a family of 4
-a shopping spree in downtown Disney
-a roundtrip plane ticket or two

We were just at Disney and at the toy store in DTD, you can buy a single stroller for $40. I know it's more than Walmart, etc. but it's cheaper than renting. The strollers looked nice and they were the umbrella type.

I don't know- can anyone confirm that they didn't double in price too? Maybe they're $100 now... :rotfl:

At POP Century they were $43. The name is Kolcraft or something similar. They looked nice folded compact and had a canapy. If you need a single one I would purchase this and leave take it home or leave it at the elevator with a sighn free for someone else to use.

Just make sure it meets the minimum. Oversized jogger strollers aren't allowed.

Well, the stroller price increase was just too much for us! We are traveling in August for our annual trip with friends, and we were going to rent a stroller for our 4 & 5 y/o's as we did last year- but for 9 days it was way too steep to justify.
So my friend and I searched the web and found a great double jogger with a front swivel wheel by instep for $150, $165 with shipping! A great deal and we will have something to sell when we are done-
So please forgive us when we are hauling our big double stroller onto the buses, we will do our best to squish in the smallest place possible ;)
Just refused to pay those prices! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter