Wow...Outrage over Stroller Rental Price Increase...What's that About?

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
Wow, there is justifiable outrage all over the boards about the price increase on stroller rentals! I hope Disney is prepared for the flood of emails and phone calls they are apparently getting right now based on what people are saying on the couple threads I just read.

A double stroller rental went from $18 a day to $31 a day??!?!? :scared1:
$270 to rent a stroller for 10 days?! A couple years ago we rented a length of stay stroller from our towncar company for the whole week for $30!

That's amazing and STUPID on Disney's part.

Just think how many more people are going to bring their own strollers or rent from off site places now. Think how that is going to clog up what little room there is already on busses and monorails. As well as a bunch of other very good points brought up on those threads. :sad2:

That is just insane. This is why I bring my own. You could buy a stoller and ship it there for that cost. I would be outraged too!:scared1:

This is why we bought a McClaren foldup stroller. It is easy and compact. It even has a shoulder strap for carrying.

I cannot believe Disney would be so unfair.:eek: There has to be some reason. Are people stealing strollers and Disney is compensating for the cost? Still not right. I have always brought my own stroller but for our trip April '08 I was considering renting. Forget it now.:mad: So sad, It would have been more convenient for us and I agree that the monorail & busses are going to be a nightmare!

I thought for it was a typo. Maybe they went from $18 to $21? But the single stroller rental went up $5 (also ridiculous) so would the doubles only go up $3? And a couple people on the threads claim they did call Disney and the info is correct. Unless the Disney employees just know about the increase but not how much (it isn't supposed to go into effect until April 6th) I mean it wouldn't be the first time a Disney employee gave out wrong information. :rolleyes:

Sometimes Disney can be scary. I look forward to the next 45 years of my DVC. But, the way that Disney makes decisions, no one is going to be able to afford to do anything and the magic will be completely gone. I'm glad we've "outgrown" Cinderella's Royal Table and strollers. It's very sad.

As someone who was planning on renting a double stroller for May I can tell you that it now will be from another source other than WDW. :mad:

As someone who was planning on renting a double stroller for May I can tell you that it now will be from another source other than WDW. :mad:

I ws just skimming through a couple other Disney boards sites and this is what everyone is saying. They are either going to rent off property or bring their own. Even single stroller users are saying this since singles went up to $15 from $10.

I emailed Disney about it and I don't even use a stroller anymore. It's just unbelievable. Especially for a place that specifically caters to families with small children. I think Disney is going to get a black eye over this one. :mad:

Is Disney even giving a discount to APH's or DVC members? How do you contact Disney regarding this? I guess I can go through the DVC web site? Will all the complaints change anything? I guess we will have to wait & see.

Will all the complaints change anything? I guess we will have to wait & see.

I hope Disney gets FLOODED with complaints. I think maybe they thought they could "sneak" this increase by us. It goes into effect in 2 days!

I'm just so angry over this (I feel like Pete) it's just disgusting.

Here is the email address. EVERYONE should email Disney about this!
Stroller renter or not.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I dont know but its crazy !! I bring my own stroller and I would never pay those prices. Thats just obnoxious!!

I sent them an email already and theres like a 30 page thread on the theme parks board. Those people have been emailing to.

WOW! $31.00?! :eek:
I have 3 days left from our last trip (the ticket vouchers aren't yet stamped-) do you think they will still honor them?
Thanks!

I hope Disney gets FLOODED with complaints. I think maybe they thought they could "sneak" this increase by us. It goes into effect in 2 days!

I'm just so angry over this (I feel like Pete) it's just disgusting.

Here is the email address. EVERYONE should email Disney about this!
Stroller renter or not.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Thanks for the e-mail address. I just sent mine. I hope it makes a difference. It saddens me that they just keep chipping away at the magic we all love so much.

I sent them an email already and theres like a 30 page thread on the theme parks board. Those people have been emailing to.

There is also a thread on the Budget Board and on a couple other Disney Discussion boards I checked. Again EVERYONE should email, call or write them about this! Show them the power Disney fans, the power of the internet, the power of the DISboards. (a bit dramatic I know :blush:) but I just think Disney has really crossed the line here.

:scared1:

I just went to budget's site. For a week starting 4/6, you can rent 5 different classes of cars at MCO for less than $17/day!

$31/day for a stroller?

:confused3 :confused: :headache: :mad:

I wish everyone just brought their own strollers. The ones that Disney has are sooooooo wide they take up way to much space! A simple fold up stroller is small and takes up a lot less room.

My guess is the size of the strollers and the massive amounts of room they take up by the rides, Disney is trying to make more space for everyone in the parks.

You could always go to WalMart or Target just outside of WDW and buy one for less than the rental and then decide to either take is home with you or leave it at a resort for someone else. Just an option, not trying to get flamed.

I do not have kids BUT I have visited WDW with my niece with a stroller and it was a major PIA! We did much better just to go without and carry the kid.

I wonder if Disney has thought about how people will just bring their own. Fine to bring their own and DRIVE. But, to bring your own and take it on a Disney bus. How is this going to affect bus lines??

I wonder if Disney has thought about how people will just bring their own. Fine to bring their own and DRIVE. But, to bring your own and take it on a Disney bus. How is this going to affect bus lines??

I can already see the horror at park closing. Disney is going to need that extra money for the security guards they will have to post at the bus stops. You already have wheelchairs now tons of strollers too. Oh my!! :sad2: Think happy thoughts, Think Happy Thoughts. :dance3:

You could always go to WalMart or Target just outside of WDW and buy one for less than the rental and then decide to either take is home with you or leave it at a resort for someone else. Just an option, not trying to get flamed.
Why would you get flamed? I was actually going to suggest this but you got to it before I did ;) We did this for our trip - it was more convenient to buy a cheap umbrella stroller once we got to Disney then to bring one and it was cheaper to buy one from Walmart then to rent one from Disney. Looks like Disney is trying to talk us into that concept now too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter