Would you leave your child overnight to get a tattoo?

After reading some of your other posts I can see that you have some very serious anger issues against your in laws. How lucky for you that you, your DH and DD are so perfect. Jealousy can be a very ugly thing!

Where did I say I was perfect? Yes, DH is perfect for me. For someone else probably not. Jealousy seems to thrown around as some type of filler word lately. People can dislike people. It has nothing to do with jealousy.

Wow, that is one way to entertain myself as my kids play with playdough so...

1. No, I would not leave my children overnight to get a tattoo BUT I also wouldn't think less of someone who made the decision to do it just because their kid had a cold? That's all it was right? I don't leave my kids, pretty much ever. My 5 1/2 year old just started preschool, she is gone from me 6 hours a week. But that doesn't mean I'm right and someone who chooses to drop their kids off at the grandparents every weekend is wrong.

2. You talk about what awful people your inlaws are and then later on you talk about depriving your child of a relationship with her grandparents. If they are that awful do you really want your child to have a relationship with them? Family or not I get to choose who my children are exposed to and if there is a family member who is not a good influence then my kids don't see them.

3. Yes, 3 year olds hit. Sometimes they hit and have never been exposed to it. My 3 1/2 year old hits. My 5 year old has never hit anybody, EVER. My 3 1/2 year old has never seen hitting never had anyone hit her. It was completely off her radar until she started hitting. She hits because she's 3 1/2 and sometimes that's just what they do.

4. I am cringing at the idea of putting a 2 year old in a rigorous "school" just because a 2 year old CAN do it doesn't mean they SHOULD be doing it. It is not developmentally appropriate for any 2 year old. At 2 she should be singing songs, playing in the dirt, learning through exploring. And really $30K? The best colleges in my state don't cost $30K a year.

Unfortunately, most private college in the US are over $30,000 per year (have the fiske guide to colleges in front of me). The $ schools are less than $32,000, $$ signify 32,500-$38,000, $$$ for $38,5000 - $40,500, and $$$$ is more than $40,000. Crazy!

I would pay good money to be a fly on the wall when MIL and SIL get together for coffee... Like maybe even in the $30,000 range. ;)

I think the OP is ridonkulous - but $30k for preschool and preschool for 2 1/2-3-yr-olds is not in any way abnormal where I live, heh. There are also interviews, admissions decisions, waitlists, to get into the better preschools.

Top private schools here can run $35k+ per year for prek through 6th or 8th grade, and then $40k+ for high school, and there are a lot with that level of pricing.

This thread is too funny. I think the biggest issue here is not how much someone pays for preschool or daycare or whatever you want to call it. It seems to me that we are all trying to figure out why someone would want to come on the Disboards to blast their family. Let's face it. EVERYONE has someone who sucks in their family. My in-laws suck pretty bad sometimes, but I am not going to start a thread on a board where people come to talk about Disney love that the sole purpose of said thread is to trash my family. That is between my husband and me. What bothered me as I read through the thread is the continued lack of constructive response to simple questions...ie: what do u do that makes you a mandatory reporter? No response. Though I think we can rule teacher out. Do you work outside the home? Well, it only took about 11 pages before a slight reference to working late came up.

I also find the need for someone to repeatedly say how great of a parent they are compared to well...everyone else, and how much money they pay out for preschool to be overcompensating. I have never seen more backpedaling and contradiction in a thread in my life. It is all very entertaining. It sort of reminds me of the thread that someone posted in who felt that the sort of people who go to Disney during free dining were not worthy to be in the same vicinity as that person.

I have to say that I homeschool my five children, which is free, and they are getting an EXCELLENT education. They are part of an internet public school, so they have great structure while being accountable to someone other than me, but we also supplement with sewing, violin, guitar, organic gardening, karate, and mixed martial arts lessons. I don't think I could get that kind of education for twice the amount OP is paying. Yet somehow I get the impression that OP would think my kids' education is not top notch bc I don't pay $30,000 for it. Really, I don't think anyone can win this fight. You know how some people just can't be pleased?

Well, I just gotta say this: I love going to Disney. Does anyone else love going to Disney? I even love going to Disney during free dining!!! Gasp!!! I would even go to Disney with my in-laws if they asked me! I would pay $30,000.00 to go to Disney!!!! Well, I would pay that for about three trips anyway. I make mistakes as a mother. Sometimes I make mistakes as a mother at Disney! Dang I want to go get a tattoo right now. Anyone else up for a hidden Mickey???? After all, we are here to talk about Disney. I will let u know where I get my hidden Mickey tattoo OP. I know you will be interested! It will give tons of great material for a new thread...

I think the OP is ridonkulous - but $30k for preschool and preschool for 2 1/2-3-yr-olds is not in any way abnormal where I live, heh. There are also interviews, admissions decisions, waitlists, to get into the better preschools.

Top private schools here can run $35k+ per year for prek through 6th or 8th grade, and then $40k+ for high school, and there are a lot with that level of pricing.

I agree - I live close to you, and where my dad attending boarding school is $35,000 for commuters. I think it might be worth it for HS students, especially for those who don't have access to good public schools. However, I see no need for the preschool crowd. My dad managed to get into an Ivy league college, and an excellent school for graduate school, without any preschool. I think I was the first in my family to attend preschool, and pretty much every member of my extended family, and DH's family, has, at the very least, a college degree.

don't waste your time. The OP hates her inlaws, thinks the military is a waste and that they don't deserve respect and thinks she is the perfect parent and she knows better than anyone about anything.

And that she has reported several parents to child protective services that are perfect strangers to her because they yelled at a kid in a grocery store.

Now what I am not sure about is how she would know anything about these people to file a report.

Could be that people really are that, I don't know. Whatever the case may be it's clear that no pone hear understands how much it sucks to have to stand by and watch a kid suffer and now that there is nothing you can do about. That this little girl is sick all the time and no one really seems to care.

That she too will more than likely end up a high school drop out, pregnant and unable to support herself because it's a cycle of SIL family.

:scared1: wow-and she is all of 3 years old?:rolleyes1:sad2:

I might be wasting my breath here, but what the heck.

OP, it's abundantly clear from your posting history that you don't like your ILs. Fine. It appears that the calling CPS is coming more from a place of punishing the parents rather than helping the kids.

It's a waste of time & energy to change the adults in this situation. For arguments sake, I'll assume your version that they're not the most together & responsible people. You can't change them, so move off that hamster wheel.

The best way to help your niece & nephew is to be a loving, helpful presence in their lives. Imagine 20 yrs from now. Wouldn't you rather have them say, "Our aunt & uncle loved us, we had fun with them, they cared about us" OR "they kept throwing in our faces how superior they were & they didn't help us when we needed it the most."

You have an opportunity to be a great force in their lives. If they really are as neglected as you claim, what they need in their young lives is love, not disdain.

The truth is the truth. there is no reason to try and convince you either believe or don't. It's not relative to the conversation so in the end does it really matter?

Daycare is different then Preschool plan and simple. Because we work late she is part of the extended day program still doesn't mean it's daycare.

How sad for your poor daughter that she is forced to spend so much time at daycare.

I knew I had come across some of OP's great words of wisdom before, and after doing a search I found this quote which I found very interesting:

"Here is why it matters. I have daycare so that DH and I can go to work 70hrs between the two of us. I would expect it to be safe.we pay a babysitter if and when we go out. Most of the time we just want to stay in and have time as a family. bIL/SIL need it because they work 44 hours between the two of them and like to party everyweekend but don't want to spend the money on a sitter to do that. Facebook status and seeing them hungover coming to get their kids during football Sunday at in laws house tells me what they are doing. They do not care about their kids. Which is why I never wanted mil to bring Dd to their home.
Control over the safety of my child isn't something i need therapy for. I do think it would be good so that there can be an open conversation about trust and respect.
"

Hmmmm....interesting that another contradiction came up...This quote came directly from another thread OP posted on. I found quite a few other threads that we had been on together, and I had all these flashbacks of snarkiness. Now I remember!!! Seems to me that if BIL and SIL are leaving their kids in the care of grandparents when they want to go out, they are still spending more time with their kids than someone who works the number of hours you and DH work. I am not saying there's anything wrong with working b/c there's not, I just wish you would be less judgemental about others' choices as parents. And...it's either daycare OR it's preschool. Pick one. It can't be one when it's convenient for you to post about it that way, and then suddenly become the other when it is convenient to go the other way. I'm just sayin'.

popcorn:: Just popped a bowl of popcorn and am now stalking the OP for light entertainment value. Truly I'm Bored! :lmao:

I knew I had come across some of OP's great words of wisdom before, and after doing a search I found this quote which I found very interesting:

"Here is why it matters. I have daycare so that DH and I can go to work 70hrs between the two of us. .

70 hours between 2 people isnt much:confused:
DH-40
OP-30

But I'm glad the little girl has the daycare staff to look out for her during all her waking hours

BTW-I can only imagine a high earning Mother(like a Doctor or attorney)-making 6 figures and working mega hours being able to justify $30k a year for child care-otherwise it really doesnt pay to work a normal $50-60k a year job for the Mother :confused3

"Here is why it matters. I have daycare so that DH and I can go to work 70hrs between the two of us. I would expect it to be safe.we pay a babysitter if and when we go out. Most of the time we just want to stay in and have time as a family. bIL/SIL need it because they work 44 hours between the two of them and like to party everyweekend but don't want to spend the money on a sitter to do that. Facebook status and seeing them hungover coming to get their kids during football Sunday at in laws house tells me what they are doing. They do not care about their kids. Which is why I never wanted mil to bring Dd to their home.
Control over the safety of my child isn't something i need therapy for. I do think it would be good so that there can be an open conversation about trust and respect.
"

Hmmmm....interesting that another contradiction came up...This quote came directly from another thread OP posted on. I found quite a few other threads that we had been on together, and I had all these flashbacks of snarkiness. Now I remember!!! Seems to me that if BIL and SIL are leaving their kids in the care of grandparents when they want to go out, they are still spending more time with their kids than someone who works the number of hours you and DH work. I am not saying there's anything wrong with working b/c there's not, I just wish you would be less judgemental about others' choices as parents. And...it's either daycare OR it's preschool. Pick one. It can't be one when it's convenient for you to post about it that way, and then suddenly become the other when it is convenient to go the other way. I'm just sayin'.

I picked BOTH! In case you did not see we had DD in daycare BECAUSE we were wait listed for school. She is now in school, started this month. Yes, I work a lot of hours and so does DH but when we are with DD she is with us the whole time and we take lots of vacations with her. We want her to have the best.
Everyone is judgmental of others in some degree especially parents. I often take days off just to hang out with DD and so does DH. However when you leave your child for three days and then say that the child is "punishing you for leaving" (yes that little gemstone was on SIL Facebook this a.m.) what does it say about you as a parent? How can your child showing you that she missed you be punishment.

I picked BOTH! In case you did not see we had DD in daycare BECAUSE we were wait listed for school. She is now in school, started this month. Yes, I work a lot of hours and so does DH but when we are with DD she is with us the whole time and we take lots of vacations with her. We want her to have the best.
Everyone is judgmental of others in some degree especially parents. I often take days off just to hang out with DD and so does DH. However when you leave your child for three days and then say that the child is "punishing you for leaving" (yes that little gemstone was on SIL Facebook this a.m.) what does it say about you as a parent? How can your child showing you that she missed you be punishment.

OP, if your SIL and her actions are so awful, why on earth are you FB "friends" with her? That makes no sense, unless of course, you enjoy it when she writes things like this because it feeds your superiority complex. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter