Would you leave your child overnight to get a tattoo?

LOL
My guess is that the DH worked hard to separate himself from the family he came from in order to not follow down a bad path and to make something of himself. Once made, he married someone who has zero ability to relate to his family of origin? It might reinforce his own sense of having escaped that life.

But the truth is no one can be this judging of another person without it coming across to everyone involved. An apology is in order, and then a genuine attempt to understand the other person as a person, or some distancing and boundaries.

There is a cognitive behavioral technique called thought-stopping. If you find yourself thinking about something, like everything that's wrong with SIL, you simply stop the thought.

LOL
My guess is that the DH worked hard to separate himself from the family he came from in order to not follow down a bad path and to make something of himself. Once made, he married someone who has zero ability to relate to his family of origin? It might reinforce his own sense of having escaped that life.

But the truth is no one can be this judging of another person without it coming across to everyone involved. An apology is in order, and then a genuine attempt to understand the other person as a person, or some distancing and boundaries.

There is a cognitive behavioral technique called thought-stopping. If you find yourself thinking about something, like everything that's wrong with SIL, you simply stop the thought.

That cognitive technique has to be desired though. If someone thrives on the drama that comes from thinking about that other person or event that they claim is driving them crazy, then they aren't going to stop that thought process at all.

For some people, the actual thought of the other person helps them feel superior, and that boosts their own self esteem, so I find in my experience, those people aren't interested in thought stopping at all.

They may present as such out loud to others, as a way for them not to look so superior and snobbish, but internally, it is the very opposite that is going on.

Tiger

"My older 2 were not hitters, with my younger 2 some days it's like baby death match around here."

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Kids hit, probably 90% of kids will hit at one pojnt. And/or bite, push, pinch, kick. They dont have the verbal skills to "use their words" until preschool (Real preschool- age 3-4) at best. Mine have and my 2 youngers still hit each other on occasion. Like PP said -you have to correct them. Repeatedly ;)

I find it entertaining that this thread is still going... and kind of sad that I came looking for it :laughing:popcorn:::rolleyes1

Why dont you try and be a good Aunt, and role model, and play with the kids when you and your DD go to visit???? Remind the child that hitting is not allowed and redirect him if things get out of hand. I get that if you dont trust these people dont have DD go there alone, but then you and your DH go too and get involved. Maybe you can "help" these kids that way.

"My older 2 were not hitters, with my younger 2 some days it's like baby death match around here." :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Glad that it's like this at other people's houses!! My kids play nice with others but not always together. We call it wrestlemania but I like baby death match much better!!:laughing::laughing:

"My older 2 were not hitters, with my younger 2 some days it's like baby death match around here." :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Glad that it's like this at other people's houses!! My kids play nice with others but not always together. We call it wrestlemania but I like baby death match much better!!:laughing::laughing:

... i actually have a small shiner under my left eye from my 20 month old... he couldn't put on "MICKY" and threw the remote control and hit me right in the cheek bone!!! boys will be boys!!!

No one has the same cold for three months. There is obviously something else going on.

I think that you need to MYOB unless you really think this child is being abused/neglected, then feel free to report her to Child Protective Services.

Actually, where I'm from (FREEZING!!) people do have a cold for 3 months, BUT if a kid is sick for anywhere near that long they need to be checked properly by a doctor. If they won't get a proper second opinion, I agree, report the parents!

O.M.G. I can't believe I read this entire thread. Although great entertainment, I feel my intelligence has slipped a few points. :rolleyes:

Kids hit, probably 90% of kids will hit at one pojnt. And/or bite, push, pinch, kick.

My kids were never much for hitting (we've had our occasions), but there was a big-time hitter/biter at daycare and my youngest had her fill of him one day, tackled him and slugged him right in the nose. Apparently, this other kid was in trouble so much, the girls at the daycare sort of pretended they didn't see what my daughter had done so they wouldn't have to punish her. Apparently, they must have stopped just short of cheering her on :rotfl: Other kid kept hitting & biting the kids who were his size or smaller, but he steered clear of my kid (she was a little older than him) after that one. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter