• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Heading Back to Port Canaveral?

The Wonder just updated AIS to indicate that it will be transiting through the Panama Canal to Colón.

Yes, She is on her way. Looks like our EBPC for this November is maybe 95-5 % a no go now? Maybe next year Nov 2021?

As others have mentioned on Her way to Trinidad and Tobago.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why they are going to Trinidad&Tobago? Is this the only stop to meet the "distant foreign port" requirement? Or is this the best place to drop-off/pick-up crew?

Does anyone know why they are going to Trinidad&Tobago? Is this the only stop to meet the "distant foreign port" requirement? Or is this the best place to drop-off/pick-up crew?

Hard to say, we're "in uncharted waters", heh. Safe to say that unless we get tidbits from a crew member on the boat, I think we're all just arm-chair quarterbacking at this point.

Reactions: KVH
The distant foreign port requirement does not apply with only crew onboard. I believe they are stopping there to repatriate crew members.

Hard to say, we're "in uncharted waters", heh. Safe to say that unless we get tidbits from a crew member on the boat, I think we're all just arm-chair quarterbacking at this point.

Yeah, most of it is speculation. But there are some people who have contacts on the ship. I read several posts of the Wonder going back to FL before it even left San Diego. So, just wondering why Trinidad & Tobago, if anyone knows. That is a bit out of the way for a ship going to Florida.

At least the Wonder did not have to wait very long to start through the Canal. Other cruise ships might just be waiting it out at the anchorage?

After holding quite a while at the exit of the Cocoli locks, the Wonder has been spotted!

View attachment 499829

There appears to be an LPG tanker ahead of her... having had that happen when we did the EBPC - they require further spacing so she probably had to hold.

It's great to see her on the camera and moving - I hope they let they crew filter through seeing the canal, normally they don't get to see much of it.

Yeah, most of it is speculation. But there are some people who have contacts on the ship. I read several posts of the Wonder going back to FL before it even left San Diego. So, just wondering why Trinidad & Tobago, if anyone knows. That is a bit out of the way for a ship going to Florida.
If you are able, please share if you hear anything else. I’m one of the west coasters who have cruises booked October 2020 and March 2021.:(
Thank you!!

If you are able, please share if you hear anything else. I’m one of the west coasters who have cruises booked October 2020 and March 2021.:(
Thank you!!
Again speculation, but the likelihood of the Wonder returning to the West Coast for any cruises in Sept/Oct are probably next to nil. it wouldn't be economical sense for DCL to pay for the Eastbound transit through the canal and then back West again just for around a dozen cruises. I would expect you to be notified of cancellations of the Mexican Riviera & EBPC cruises this year.

Again speculation, but the likelihood of the Wonder returning to the West Coast for any cruises in Sept/Oct are probably next to nil. it wouldn't be economical sense for DCL to pay for the Eastbound transit through the canal and then back West again just for around a dozen cruises. I would expect you to be notified of cancellations of the Mexican Riviera & EBPC cruises this year.

Not to mention they also paid to transit to the west coast for an Alaska season that wound up cancelled. If they’re going back through now we won’t see her on the westcoast again until 2021

not to burst your bubble but they were saying that about a lot of cruises right up until they cancelled them. The people on the phones don’t have all the information. And besides no one right now should be calling any cruise a definite go.
100% this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter