Wonder Heading Back to Port Canaveral?

The entire premise of them sailing to Balboa is not to drop anchor and wait, that would be utterly pointless to spend money on all that fuel to go there and then to return to San Diego to do what a dozen 3-5 night Mexican Riviera cruises??? That doesn't make any sense, if they're traveling to the Canal entrance they are going to go through to the East side and eventually either Port Canaveral or Galveston. Obviously that means that everything this fall will most likely be cancelled, including the EBPC, there's still close to 2 months left until the No Sail order is lifted, so returning the ship to the Atlantic/Gulf area, I think is just advance planning for resumption of operations, possibly nearer to Oct/November. The scenario of restarting cruises will take time especially to re-crew the ship, that means new contracts for existing crew members or new trainee's that will have to be spun up for operations to begin when DCL deems it necessary. Potentially, with the news today from the White House advisor Anthony Fauci that there is a possibility of 100-200 Million doses of a CoVid-19 vaccine becoming available by the end of the year or so that might be encouraging in and of itself. So we wait until DCL makes the official announcements, and let speculation run wild!
O/T PrincessSchmoo, I got a Email today saying Sam's Club will be reinstating Senior and Concierge hours tomorrow (6/4) for Tuesday and Thursday for Seniors and Concierge customers.

Must be headed back to PC then. Unless they put her in Miami or Galveston, but PC makes more sense given the Dream and Fantasy are there. Last time I checked, the Magic was in Northern Europe.

My first cruise was on the Wonder out of Port Canaveral so it's nice to see the Wonder back there every so often

I would maybe bet Galveston there because the Wonder has an existing contract to port there, and I would imagine PC is pretty crowded these days and might not be able to accommodate another ship that doesn't usually port there.

Wonder's latest location - 20200606 7:45 pm PST. Close to other Cruise Ships. 4 have been anchored for several days and 1 cruising around. The Wonder 's ETA is 20200607 am.

These are the 4 Cruise Ships that have been anchored for several days.

Wonder is anchored with the other Cruise Ship off Panama City.

Last edited:
slightly off topic but I love those of you who track and give info on the ships' course and whereabouts. I wouldnt have the energy to do that myself and it gives me a little bit of happiness to hear /see whats going on with the ships. so thank you!!

slightly off topic but I love those of you who track and give info on the ships' course and whereabouts. I wouldnt have the energy to do that myself and it gives me a little bit of happiness to hear /see whats going on with the ships. so thank you!!

Marine Traffic is super easy to use. You just put in the name of the ship you’re interested in, and they show you where it is on the map.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter