WOC-Season of Light OR Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks

I did not have a view of the water surface when I did the dessert party, and honestly it was disappointing. The first time I saw WoC it was from front row in the wet zone, and the view from the dessert party pales in comparison. We did have a group of tall men sitting at the table in front of us, so you might have better luck. I think the dessert party question comes down to whether you have more money or time to spare. You can get just as good a view (better IMO) by getting there sufficiently early to secure a spot, but if you can't spare the time to get there early then you're almost guaranteed a bad view. The dessert party is pricey but it secures you at least an adequate view regardless of how early you get there.
That's disappointing to know. I would have thought that the tables should be set-up in such a way that everyone gets a good view.

Not being able to see is a concern for me- I love a good night show, but am not sure how long I'm willing to wait to get a good view.
I would plan on about two hours if you really want to secure a good view...maybe a little less or more depending on when you're specifically going (weekday versus weekend, early versus late in the season, etc.). You have to be near the front of the line to get into your FP viewing area if you want to try and secure a railing spot. Otherwise, do your best to find a spot where the people in front of you aren't taller than you.

It is for me too, because I'm short. Getting a good view to either show is tricky, but for me personally, the only time I've had a decent view of fireworks was dumb luck - it's too much of a gamble for me to bother investing much time in it (especially since they are often cancelled due to wind). WoC takes some planning and time to get a good view, but I know from experience that a good view can be had, which is one of the reasons I prefer it.
I agree that getting a good view of fireworks is a gamble and it can be iffy due to the weather. That being said, I can usually see the fireworks themselves (because there at an upward viewing angle), but seeing the castle is harder. I'd say fireworks is a gamble regardless of when you arrive, WoC is almost impossible unless you're willing to invest the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter