WOC desert party

Would a high or low table be better for kids? My kids will be 4 and 6.
I fear they won't be able to see anything if we don't do the party as they are so small people will just tower over them and they are too big to carry.
The high table was perfect for my 7 year old. The low tables might be hard because there are still people in front of you standing up (and putting kids on shoulders). It really depends on your 4 year old and if they will sit calmly in a directors chair. If they are constantly trying to get up and down that could be annoying.

These photos show the low top and the view from our high top.
4743BA51-B835-49CA-913B-2000821414C6.jpeg
DAEFA984-0612-48BB-8A06-1EA7F53D04C3.jpeg

Planning to book a party for the holiday woc which will be 60 days out next week. Will it be the same party or will it be announced and probably not bookable next week?

Friend is a diabetic, do I need to call once I've got our tickets about noting that? I'm guessing it needs to be done prior to checking in for the party.

Guess since the 11th isn't open as a date to pick that there will be a holiday party. Or they are just going to take their time opening it.

Guess since the 11th isn't open as a date to pick that there will be a holiday party. Or they are just going to take their time opening it.
I'm watching to see if it shows up for the 12th. It's the one thing my DS wants to do to celebrate his birthday on this trip.

I'm glad you both posted, b/c we're planning a trip for the first time in forever, and goodness - what a change! I remember writing here about DH's gluten-free plate back in 2016:

"His plate had the same cheeses and grapes, and he got his own bread. None of the sweets were ok for him, so he had blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries with a sweet yogurt dip, a chocolate-dipped strawberry, and some kind of tart (looked like a shortbread-ish base, with chocolate and berries). There was a lot of fruit on that plate, so it wasn't empty like it sort of sounds."

Gosh, I am laughing now that I thought that sounded empty! Now it's one sad little dessert, and not even crackers when it used to have gf bread? Great reminder to keep our expectations really low. sigh.
Re: the gluten free plate: I was there again this past week, and did the first show on Wednesday the 7th, with a GF plate. It was similar to last June, except they had added one more dessert. It was kind of like a sugar cookie base with a jam or fruit filling, and a purple candy decorative coating on top that had the WOC logo on it. It was cute and tasty, though a tad bit... corn-bready? Also the brownie cake was the same as it was in June. It is huge and gooey, a little bit crumbly, with a white chocolate wafer medallion on top. Quite tasty. I took it back to my room untouched because I was so full, and ate most of it a couple days later. Otherwise, there was quite a bit of fruit: grapes, canteloupe, honeydew, pineapple, strawberries; and about 6 pieces of cheese. I brought my own little ziploc of rice crackers, which helped the cheese go down a treat.

The plate: 1663205691817.jpeg
The sugar cookie, bottom and top: 1663205593942.jpeg 1663205634943.jpeg
My view: 1663205661742.jpeg I was solo, and seated with a family of 6 or 7 adults, at two tables pushed together, I think mine was table 31? It was a good view. The family was very sweet, from Utah, and the two young adult daughters next to me were nice with just a little intro chitchat, and then we were comfortably each watching the show. I was drinking my two cocktails, though, and they must have been LDS, because they were all having Shirley Temples, so I guess I was a bad influence.

Anyway, I enjoyed it more than the June experience at the later show. I don't think I'd settle for the late show again. Too much waiting around and standing in line.

Good news! They just opened up more dates!!!!!

I got so excited when I saw the dates clickable through the 14th but nothing's loaded past the 10th. I've been checking, as I'm sure others have daily, so I can't imagine they all got booked that quick.

Now to keep checking more often.

I got so excited when I saw the dates clickable through the 14th but nothing's loaded past the 10th. I've been checking, as I'm sure others have daily, so I can't imagine they all got booked that quick.

Now to keep checking more often.
Keep stalking it! Up until today there was nothing past the 5th.

Keep stalking it! Up until today there was nothing past the 5th.

Yeah but I've been able to click on the 10th since the weekend so it doesn't make me confident it'll be bookable any time soon 🙂

Has the party been holiday themed as well in the past? Would we need to wait for that announcement?

I've been stalking November 12 WOC dessert party like a madwoman, and was so excited to finally see the dates appear, but there's nothing available! Either they booked quickly or they haven't actually released the reservations yet. Ugh. Hoping to get it - DS requested BB and WOC DP as his two "special things" for his birthday trip.

Got my date! I was only able to do other for restrictions. From reading in here, I just need to do chat correct because calling won't help. I need to not what the other is.

So has anyone gotten a dessert party reservation for October 12? It shows as a WOC day, but I’ve been checking it daily since the 60 day mark and have never seen it available. I’ve also had alerts set up through multiple sites and have never received one. So was it ever released, and if not, might it be at some point (including day of)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter