(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

Wizard 101 will be offline tomorrow morning (Friday, 16 October) in order to add mounts and other new features to the live game.

Woot!!!

Just in case anyone is not aware, the bug that was allowing players to choose different patterns and colors for their mounts at the time of purchase no longer works on the test realm. As far as everyone can tell, what you see is exactly what you will get when you go to buy now. So don't expect to receive a striped or spotted cat. :(

That's good to know. Thanks! I guess they just wanted to test the special versions of some mounts.

i didn't expect to see the mounts till the end of the month, glad there coming today though, now my shoes won't wear out as fast. but i'm wondering if we'll see more down time for street/sidewalk cleaning

Perhaps that's one reason one of the "steeds" is a broom. Those riders can sweep behind the rest of us. Alternatively, I suppose the furniture stores could start carrying giant litter boxes for the riding cats (wonder if you can train a dragon to use one) or we'll have to go on a new quest to learn a "garbage relocation" spell that will keep the streets nice and tidy.

Or we might be able to utilize the droppings for crafting spells.

Anybody heard about a bug where the prices don't show up in the Crown shop?

I'm a crowns player not subscribed and I'm on low graphics and low texture cause of a crappy video card. Tried changing to medium graphics though and still no prices.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Anybody heard about a bug where the prices don't show up in the Crown shop?

I'm a crowns player not subscribed and I'm on low graphics and low texture cause of a crappy video card. Tried changing to medium graphics though and still no prices.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yep, I have it

I reported it on the test realm, and again after the upgrade on the support web site.

KI answered that they are looking at the problem and will get back to me if they nee more info.

I have not tried to change the graphics setting. I use high on all graphics settings. I am on on portable computer.

I will let you know if I get any news.

Here what I added on the Wizard101 thread about the Crowns Shop bug.

I found something interesting about this problem:
When I play Wizard101 I always use a "user account" on my computer.
Today I tried the "admin" account and the descriptions and prices were showing fine.
I tried it twice. Everytime, using the admin account the crowns shop was OK, and using the "user" account, the descriptions and prices were missing.
So it does not seem to be a graphics issue. I hope this helps.
I also updated my ticket from support with the same info.

Edit: idk why my message was not published on the Wizard101 forum. I submitted it again.

I finished Katz Lab last night, as well as Smogger. I left a teleport mark hoping to be able to get back in and farm him, but I didn't use it right. Apparently you can only port to it after reentering the dungeon; not if you're outside.

Anyway, if anyone is currently farming Smogger, it would be wonderful if I could teleport to you and reset my mark. (Happy to help you farm, too!) I just can't take going through the whole instance again. :faint:

Gamma has left this message in Wizard101's forum about the Crowns shop bug:

**UPDATE**

Seems we may have tracked down the problem and we are testing it internally to make sure that it fixes the issue with the missing text on the Crowns shop, without breaking something else.

Please be assured that we will keep you updated on the progress. Thank you to everyone who helped us troubleshoot, as it initially seemed like a very hit-and-miss problem.

Both crowns and subscription players have been receiving promotional emails from Wizard 101 today. Some of the emails imply that the mount will be rewarded for upgrading to a subscription, but the code is already right there in the email. All you have to do is enter it on the website.

The codes are only usable through Nov. 8th.

Both crowns and subscription players have been receiving promotional emails from Wizard 101 today. Some of the emails imply that the mount will be rewarded for upgrading to a subscription, but the code is already right there in the email. All you have to do is enter it on the website.

The codes are only usable through Nov. 8th.

I have not received mine, but Thanks Alice! :wizard:

With yesterday's update, seems the Crown shop bug is fixed. At least it is for me. :cool1:

i got the email on my free acct. wizard, wanting him to upgrade to a paid sub. i only use him to trade cards between my other wizards. i used the code on one of my paid wizards who is now enjoying the red dragon mount free for a week :banana:

I broke down and resubscribed. So Fallon Dreamweaver and Angus Windbreaker are back.

So, I've been playing again, and sadly, never see anyone else on, and I have very few of you on my other characters. I'm thinking it's time to plan another meet to try to get people connected.

It's always good to have reliable players on your friend list. Poor Angus Windbreaker is storm wizard stuck in Krok with two quests against many storm foes.

Anyone want to have a Wizard 101 social on Sunday, Nov. 15 at 9:00 p.m. eastern? I was thinking we could meet in Krok to avoid having too many people around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter